PDA

View Full Version : " Arguing With Your Wife is Now Domestic Violence .".

megimoo
01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Shout at your spouse and risk losing your home: It's just the same as domestic violence, warns woman judge

Men and women who shout at their partners risk being thrown out of their homes under a sweeping ruling by judges yesterday. Raising your voice at a husband or wife, or a boyfriend or girlfriend, now counts as domestic violence under the landmark Supreme Court judgment.The decision also means that denying money to a partner or criticising them can count as violence and bring down draconian domestic violence penalties from the courts.
snip
Lady Hale, leading a bench of five justices, said the definition of violence must change so that a range of abusive behaviour now counts in law.

The decision will affect domestic violence and family law which has given the courts powers to throw someone out of their home if their partner accuses them of violent behaviour. Until now violence has always had to mean physical assault.The judges were hearing the case of Mihret Yemshaw, 35, who said she had been subjected to domestic violence and was entitled to be rehoused under the 1996 Housing Act.

Officials in Hounslow, West London, turned her down after hearing that her husband had never hit her nor threatened to do so.Mrs Yemshaw told them he had shouted in front of their two children, failed to treat her like a human, had not given her housekeeping money, and she was scared he would take the children away from her.

Comments:
Lunatic. Imbecile. Unfit to be a judge, lawyer or sweep the floors of a court. How fortunate for those around her that God gave her the face of a fool as a warning too but how unfortunate that those who empowered her as a judge ignored it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350761/Women-entitled-council-house-partner-shouts.html

Apache
01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
My plans are going better than expected....:cool:

I will have those Brits cowering by simply saying BOO!

I think I will invade this summer... Hamps, Bijou, you guys want anything nice this summer ;)

Gingersnap
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Interesting. Today women are equally likely to physically assault a man in a domestic violence event (lesbians are more likely to assault a female partner than a male would be). In my experience, it's women who are more likely to scream, curse, and use demeaning language and sarcasm when frustrated or thwarted in any way. Men seem more likely to just leave the scene.

With the ease of recording nowadays, I expect thousands of women will open themselves to charges of domestic violence under this ruling. ;)

NJCardFan
01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Marital laws are so antiquated that it borders on Machiavellian.

megimoo
01-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Interesting. Today women are equally likely to physically assault a man in a domestic violence event (lesbians are more likely to assault a female partner than a male would be). In my experience, it's women who are more likely to scream, curse, and use demeaning language and sarcasm when frustrated or thwarted in any way. Men seem more likely to just leave the scene.

With the ease of recording nowadays, I expect thousands of women will open themselves to charges of domestic violence under this ruling. ;)

The Judge.Lady Hale looks like a real 'Prissie Pollie Prim' !

Even with recorded proof of female initiated domestic violence it's always the mans fault ..."He Made Me So mad that I had Do It !"..:D

Comments:
Brenda Marjorie Hale, Baroness Hale of Richmond, DBE, QC, PC, FBA (Hon) (born 31 January 1945) is a British legal academic, barrister, judge and a Justice of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.

In 2004, she joined the House of Lords as a Lord of Appeal in Ordinary. She was the only woman ever to have been appointed to this position. She served as a Law Lord until 2009 when she, along with the other Law Lords, transferred to the new Supreme Court. She remains the most senior female judge in the history of the United Kingdom.

On 12 January 2004, she was appointed the first female Lord of Appeal in Ordinary and was created a life peer as Baroness Hale of Richmond, of Easby in the County of North Yorkshire,[2] under the Appellate Jurisdiction Act 1876.

Odysseus
01-27-2011, 05:19 PM

When I lived in NYC, I had a neighbor who dated a guy that I thought was abusing her. I would hear her yelling and stuff crashing, and although she and were friends, I didn't feel right intervening. I was also on good terms with both of them, and didn't want to make her boyfriend into an enemy, since he had to pass my apartment to get to hers. But, one Saturday night, they'd had a really bad fight, and a half hour after he left, I could hear her crying, so I decided to check on her. She was okay, aside from being really upset, but there was no sign of anything wrong with her, so I left. As I was going down the stairs, her boyfriend was coming up, saw me, and said, "I left my car keys in there." I told him that she was calmer, but that she was still pretty upset. He asked me if I thought that she'd let him in, and I told him that I doubted it. Now, he lived way out on the Island, it was about 1 AM, and if he left, things would be calm for the rest of the night, and I already knew that she would open the door for me, so I volunteered to ask for his keys. I knocked on the door and she opened it, and I told her the situation, and she yelled, "Let him walk!" He heard her and started up the stairs, and she ran back into the apartment, with me standing in the doorway. Suddenly, I heard all of the same sounds that I'd heard when they fought. She was screaming and stuff was crashing, and he was nowhere near her. She was throwing the entire contents of her kitchen at him, and I was between them! I turned back to her boyfriend and looked at him, and then turned back just in time to see a large metal object, about the size of a toaster, careening for my face. I got my hand up, but it just cracked my little finger as it nailed me on the bridge of my nose, cutting the skin and breaking the bone.

The morals of the story are that no good deed goes unpunished, women are just a nuts as men, if not more so, and if you go to the emergency room with a broken nose and a broken pinky, nothing you say will convince them that the latter was not up the former when both were broken.

hampshirebrit
01-27-2011, 05:30 PM
My plans are going better than expected....:cool:

I will have those Brits cowering by simply saying BOO!

I think I will invade this summer... Hamps, Bijou, you guys want anything nice this summer ;)

Yeah, I'll have the Isle of Wight and a few gunboats to defend it from the lunatic judges in this country. :mad:

Rockntractor
01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
A sure way to get in trouble is by not arguing with them, try that that silent act sometime and don't be surprised when they throw something at you to get your attention!:D

Gingersnap
01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Suddenly, I heard all of the same sounds that I'd heard when they fought. She was screaming and stuff was crashing, and he was nowhere near her. She was throwing the entire contents of her kitchen at him, and I was between them! I turned back to her boyfriend and looked at him, and then turned back just in time to see a large metal object, about the size of a toaster, careening for my face. I got my hand up, but it just cracked my little finger as it nailed me on the bridge of my nose, cutting the skin and breaking the bone.

I completely believe this. The idea that women are harmless or physically non-aggressive has been really overstated. Women are the primary killers and abusers of both children and the injured or elderly under their care. Women are certainly much more destructive in terms of emotional manipulation and verbal abuse. We're simply born better at it. :(

megimoo
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
When I lived in NYC, I had a neighbor who dated a guy that I thought was abusing her. I would hear her yelling and stuff crashing, and although she and were friends, I didn't feel right intervening. I was also on good terms with both of them, and didn't want to make her boyfriend into an enemy, since he had to pass my apartment to get to hers. But, one Saturday night, they'd had a really bad fight, and a half hour after he left, I could hear her crying, so I decided to check on her. She was okay, aside from being really upset, but there was no sign of anything wrong with her, so I left. As I was going down the stairs, her boyfriend was coming up, saw me, and said, "I left my car keys in there." I told him that she was calmer, but that she was still pretty upset. He asked me if I thought that she'd let him in, and I told him that I doubted it. Now, he lived way out on the Island, it was about 1 AM, and if he left, things would be calm for the rest of the night, and I already knew that she would open the door for me, so I volunteered to ask for his keys. I knocked on the door and she opened it, and I told her the situation, and she yelled, "Let him walk!" He heard her and started up the stairs, and she ran back into the apartment, with me standing in the doorway. Suddenly, I heard all of the same sounds that I'd heard when they fought. She was screaming and stuff was crashing, and he was nowhere near her. She was throwing the entire contents of her kitchen at him, and I was between them! I turned back to her boyfriend and looked at him, and then turned back just in time to see a large metal object, about the size of a toaster, careening for my face. I got my hand up, but it just cracked my little finger as it nailed me on the bridge of my nose, cutting the skin and breaking the bone.

The morals of the story are that no good deed goes unpunished, women are just a nuts as men, if not more so, and if you go to the emergency room with a broken nose and a broken pinky, nothing you say will convince them that the latter was not up the former when both were broken.

I knew a guy who had a 'hero' complex.He would always jump into a fight between a man and a woman on her side.He had the crap kicked out of him so many times that he looked like an old prize fighter with the scars and dents in his head.For his final act he jumped between a couple in a bar fighting and she shoved a broken beer bottle into his face just missing his right eye and leaving him with a massive scar.That one cured him .

Odysseus
01-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Women are certainly much more destructive in terms of emotional manipulation and verbal abuse. We're simply born better at it. :(
I figured that out from dating in high school. :D

I knew a guy who had a 'hero' complex.He would always jump into a fight between a man and a woman on her side.He had the crap kicked out of him so many times that he looked like an old prize fighter with the scars and dents in his head.For his final act he jumped between a couple in a bar fighting and she shoved a broken beer bottle into his face just missing his right eye and leaving him with a massive scar.That one cured him .
I wasn't trying to be a hero, I just wanted to check on my neighbor after the fight was well over. Some day, I'll tell you guys the story of what happened later that night in the ER. Talk about surreal...

Novaheart
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I've found that in most cases water seeks its own level. My response to screaming couples is, "This is Mr. Novaheart, please send an officer to 4568 Bougainvillea."

Phillygirl
01-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I've found that in most cases water seeks its own level. My response to screaming couples is, "This is Mr. Novaheart, please send an officer to 4568 Bougainvillea."

I agree. Rarely is there the case, anymore, of the true domestic violence that these laws were written to prevent.

Gingersnap
01-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I agree. Rarely is there the case, anymore, of the true domestic violence that these laws were written to prevent.

Too true. Women today have money, transportation, jobs, and a huge network of abuse-victim services to assist them in their departure. The stereotype is more the stuff of Lifetime movies than it is reflective of real life these days (outside of immigrant communities).

Odysseus
01-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Too true. Women today have money, transportation, jobs, and a huge network of abuse-victim services to assist them in their departure. The stereotype is more the stuff of Lifetime movies than it is reflective of real life these days (outside of immigrant communities).

Agreed. However, that's a touchy subject.

fettpett
01-27-2011, 07:51 PM

I agree...think that many times women have almost too much power in these sitituations

Kay
01-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Some day, I'll tell you guys the story of what happened later that night in the ER. Talk about surreal...

Uh! You can't leave us all hanging like this.
I'm all involved now in the drama,
so you have to finish the rest of the story.

NJCardFan
01-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Here's the shitty thing. A man and woman are having a fight. So bad that the neighbors call the cops. The cops come and if it's bad enough, even if there wasn't any physical violence, the husband is made to leave. Not the wife. The husband. Anyhoo, there was a good TV movie years ago about domestic violence and the movie takes place in a police station with the husband being interrogated and the wife is in the hospital. As the movie goes on, you come to find out that it was the wife abusing the husband. I can't remember the name of it but Judith Light was in it.

Gingersnap
01-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Here's the shitty thing. A man and woman are having a fight. So bad that the neighbors call the cops. The cops come and if it's bad enough, even if there wasn't any physical violence, the husband is made to leave. Not the wife. The husband. Anyhoo, there was a good TV movie years ago about domestic violence and the movie takes place in a police station with the husband being interrogated and the wife is in the hospital. As the movie goes on, you come to find out that it was the wife abusing the husband. I can't remember the name of it but Judith Light was in it.

Men Don't Tell (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107553/)

Because men are automatically charged when they defend themselves from spousal abuse, women are becoming more violent in these relationships. Women routinely sock, push, and throw things at men today knowing that the man will never report it.

I had a prof who wrote about domestic violence. His entire concept was "violence works". He was only interested in male-on-female violence but his idea still holds water. In interpersonal relationships, whoever is willing to be the most abusive wins unless the victim can leave. Now that everybody can leave, women are showing their inclinations toward men who stay "for the kids". :mad:

CueSi
01-28-2011, 12:34 AM
I completely believe this. The idea that women are harmless or physically non-aggressive has been really overstated. Women are the primary killers and abusers of both children and the injured or elderly under their care. Women are certainly much more destructive in terms of emotional manipulation and verbal abuse. We're simply born better at it. :(

Believe it? I've LIVED IT.

Like I've said... women are like stilettos; upclose (the closer, the better, for some), personal, deadly. Men are like howitzers; impersonal, big, bombastic.

Except for strip club managers. They're a special kind of evil.

~QC

Gingersnap
01-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Believe it? I've LIVED IT.

Like I've said... women are like stilettos; upclose (the closer, the better, for some), personal, deadly. Men are like howitzers; impersonal, big, bombastic.

Except for strip club managers. They're a special kind of evil.

~QC

I have often wondered why the "helping" people: psychologists, social workers, teachers, are so blind to this. Girls can damage other girls for life with verbal abuse. How many boys are damaged for life because of a fight?

Some women are simply viscous in emotionally-charged, "safe" settings. No wonder so many people, male or female, prefer male confidants. Gay males are just as manipulative and vicious as women so I'm talking about stright male confidants, not gay men.

CueSi
01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
I have often wondered why the "helping" people: psychologists, social workers, teachers, are so blind to this. Girls can damage other girls for life with verbal abuse. How many boys are damaged for life because of a fight?

Some women are simply viscous in emotionally-charged, "safe" settings. No wonder so many people, male or female, prefer male confidants. Gay males are just as manipulative and vicious as women so I'm talking about stright male confidants, not gay men.

They're blind to it due to one of my favorite feminist lies: We're a SISTERHOOD! And any viciousness we perpetuate is because of the patriarchy! Sisterhood my black ass.

Many boys meet their BEST FRIENDS through a fight. Gentlemen of CU, how many friends have you ever made through a fight? I bet at least 10 guys on this forum have.

~QC

noonwitch
01-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Reading your spouse's email is now stalking, at least in Michigan.

Odysseus
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Uh! You can't leave us all hanging like this.
I'm all involved now in the drama,
so you have to finish the rest of the story.

That may have to wait until I am absolutely sure that I will never run for political office.

Zafod
01-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Men Don't Tell (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107553/)

Because men are automatically charged when they defend themselves from spousal abuse, women are becoming more violent in these relationships. Women routinely sock, push, and throw things at men today knowing that the man will never report it.

I had a prof who wrote about domestic violence. His entire concept was "violence works". He was only interested in male-on-female violence but his idea still holds water. In interpersonal relationships, whoever is willing to be the most abusive wins unless the victim can leave. Now that everybody can leave, women are showing their inclinations toward men who stay "for the kids". :mad:

when i found out about my ex-wifes affair she told me that I had to leave. When I filled for divorce and only asked for 50% custody because I wasnt going to deprive my kid his mother she came back and fought me for 100% even to the point of making up domestic violence stories to try and win. she didnt win....

Phillygirl
01-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Accusations of domestic violence...the express train to exclusive possession of the home, the kids, and the paycheck.

megimoo
01-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Some women are simply viscous in emotionally-charged, "safe" settings. No wonder so many people, male or female, prefer male confidants. Gay males are just as manipulative and vicious as women so I'm talking about stright male confidants, not gay men.How do you know so much about abnormal bitch homosexual psychology ?

Gingersnap
01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
How do you know so much about abnormal bitch homosexual psychology ?

I'm a genetic female and I've been on the losing end of many of female/female social relationships. Sadly.

Novaheart
01-28-2011, 10:17 PM

I have to disagree all over the place here.

I think the "damaged for life" thing is way over worked. Once simply associated with violent stranger abduction rape, it's now grown into a general damage claim for so many unpleasant events and interractions that it risks find its way into the "Yeah, yeah... yeah" zone.

"Manipulative and vicious...." is a broad category not specific to gender or orientation. My friend Ray is someone I have known since junior high school. He's a lot of fun, I mean roaring laughter crazy as a loon dancing all night fun. He's fun to go to the grocery store with. He's also a conniving social Hannibal Lector, a hideously intelligent person who gets bored when he's not playing games. So he plays games. Ge will set you up weeks in advance. I once said that he lies in bed dreaming of the lies he will tell the next day. I once said that I'd like to drown him under a sheet of glass. But under neath it all, there is very little in the way of malice, it's just that he's somewhat amoral.

On the other hand, you have these deadly serious men, who scheme and plan, who take it all in and wait for someone to lie to them. I have met gay and straight men who fall into both of these categories, but the deadly serious one is more of a straight guy thing.

I'm not saying that gay men don't make bad romantic choices. I'm not saying that some aren't in abusive or co-dependent relationships, but the kind of scary obsession thing is more of a straight guy thing, and frankly I think it had to do with the fact that females control the sex supply to heterosexual males, and use it as currency. That's not to blame the psychosis of the males on the female, but many females do exploit the straight male vulnerability to this.

And the straight male who has this figured out, who can't be manipulated by a female, who can and does act indifferent to her and take away the value of her currency.... well he's an asshole isn't he?

Gingersnap
01-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I have to disagree all over the place here.

I think the "damaged for life" thing is way over worked. Once simply associated with violent stranger abduction rape, it's now grown into a general damage claim for so many unpleasant events and interractions that it risks find its way into the "Yeah, yeah... yeah" zone.

"Manipulative and vicious...." is a broad category not specific to gender or orientation. My friend Ray is someone I have known since junior high school. He's a lot of fun, I mean roaring laughter crazy as a loon dancing all night fun. He's fun to go to the grocery store with. He's also a conniving social Hannibal Lector, a hideously intelligent person who gets bored when he's not playing games. So he plays games. Ge will set you up weeks in advance. I once said that he lies in bed dreaming of the lies he will tell the next day. I once said that I'd like to drown him under a sheet of glass. But under neath it all, there is very little in the way of malice, it's just that he's somewhat amoral.

On the other hand, you have these deadly serious men, who scheme and plan, who take it all in and wait for someone to lie to them. I have met gay and straight men who fall into both of these categories, but the deadly serious one is more of a straight guy thing.

I'm not saying that gay men don't make bad romantic choices. I'm not saying that some aren't in abusive or co-dependent relationships, but the kind of scary obsession thing is more of a straight guy thing, and frankly I think it had to do with the fact that females control the sex supply to heterosexual males, and use it as currency. That's not to blame the psychosis of the males on the female, but many females do exploit the straight male vulnerability to this.

And the straight male who has this figured out, who can't be manipulated by a female, who can and does act indifferent to her and take away the value of her currency.... well he's an asshole isn't he?

You ignored my entire point but you did make one of your own. Interesting.

Lanie
01-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Fights happen and voices raise, so that is silly.

I could see verbal abuse but it should have to be proven first. Verbal abuse doesn't have to involve raising of the voice. I could also see threats, which is a form of abuse.

Rockntractor
01-28-2011, 11:32 PM

I could see verbal abuse but it should have to be proven first. Verbal abuse doesn't have to involve raising of the voice. I could also see threats, which is a form of abuse.

Verbal abuse is easily stopped with a little duct tape.

Lanie
01-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Verbal abuse is easily stopped with a little duct tape.

I'm pretty sure the spouse could be arrested for battery. lol.

Phillygirl
01-29-2011, 09:51 AM

You believe "verbal abuse" should be cause for someone to be dispossessed of their home?