PDA

View Full Version : "Black Widow Suicide Bombers Happy New Year Tweet Blows Her Up by Mistake "

megimoo
01-28-2011, 10:29 AM
The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt on a busy square near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a spam message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her but nobody else.She was at her Moscow safe house at the time getting ready with two accomplices, both of whom survived and were seen fleeing the scene.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8284279/Black-Widow-attempted-New-Year-Moscow-attack-but-blew-herself-up-by-mistake.html7

jediab
01-28-2011, 10:32 AM
At least this story had a happy ending.

megimoo
01-28-2011, 11:01 AM
At least this story had a happy ending.
Interesting..those bomb belts have a primary ignition switch that the bomber triggers when in place .If they lose their nerve their handler who in the vicinity and observing has a cell phone to activated a secondary trigger on the belt
The tweet triggered the secondary !Dumb design .They need to redesign the trigger electronics to lock out spam and tweets.A three tone sequence decoder to enable the final burst detector would be much more effective .

Gingersnap
01-28-2011, 11:11 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2i8dnk9.jpg

megimoo
01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2i8dnk9.jpgAre you mocking me ?

AmPat
01-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Interesting..those bomb belts have a primary ignition switch that the bomber triggers when in place .If they lose their nerve their handler who in the vicinity and observing has a cell phone to activated a secondary trigger on the belt
The tweet triggered the secondary !Dumb design .They need to redesign the trigger electronics to lock out spam and tweets.A three tone sequence decoder to enable the final burst detector would be much more effective .

Why would you offer suggestions for improvements to these murderous bastards?:confused:

megimoo
01-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Why would you offer suggestions for improvements to these murderous bastards?:confused:Just my design engineering background kicking in .Improvement of initial designs was part of my work.I didn't disclose enough engineering to actually prove the concept !Either way they will continue to blow themselves up no mater what I design.An easy way to protect against these secondary systems would be to burst transmit a high power sequence of ring tones on the cell channels in any large public area.That should clear the area of any bomb belts.

AmPat
01-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Just my design engineering background kicking in .Improvement of initial designs was part of my work.I didn't disclose enough engineering to actually prove the concept !Either way they will continue to blow themselves up no mater what I design.An easy way to protect against these secondary systems would be to burst transmit a high power sequence of ring tones on the cell channels in any large public area.That should clear the area of any bomb belts.

Still, careful. ANY help is aiding and abetting.

Let the SOBs blow themselves up!

megimoo
01-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Still, careful. ANY help is aiding and abetting.

Let the SOBs blow themselves up!That' s what the ring tone generator would do !

Odysseus
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt on a busy square near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a spam message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her but nobody else.She was at her Moscow safe house at the time getting ready with two accomplices, both of whom survived and were seen fleeing the scene.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/8284279/Black-Widow-attempted-New-Year-Moscow-attack-but-blew-herself-up-by-mistake.html7
I never thought that there was an upside to spam.

Just my design engineering background kicking in .Improvement of initial designs was part of my work.I didn't disclose enough engineering to actually prove the concept !Either way they will continue to blow themselves up no mater what I design.An easy way to protect against these secondary systems would be to burst transmit a high power sequence of ring tones on the cell channels in any large public area.That should clear the area of any bomb belts.
That could be really dangerous, as detonating the belts in a public area would still endanger non-combatants. Better to randomly blanket an entire city several times daily, and try to nail them at their safe houses. Also, doing the same thing for an hour or so prior to a major public event would force them to keep their phones off until it was time to detonate.

megimoo
01-28-2011, 07:24 PM
I never thought that there was an upside to spam.

That could be really dangerous, as detonating the belts in a public area would still endanger non-combatants. Better to randomly blanket an entire city several times daily, and try to nail them at their safe houses. Also, doing the same thing for an hour or so prior to a major public event would force them to keep their phones off until it was time to detonate.

Install them in security vehicles and drive through city detonating them at random would also be dangerous.
After enough of them popped of before hand they would figure out the problem and come up with a way to disable the secondary trigger until needed.When they are built I would imagine the cell phone batteries are removed preventing premature detonation.

Anyone who would consider strapping on one of those things is insane !It''s like becoming a walking talking Claymore !The upward component of the explosive force usually pops the head off the bomber.

Odysseus
01-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Install them in security vehicles and drive through city detonating them at random would also be dangerous.
After enough of them popped of before hand they would figure out the problem and come up with a way to disable the secondary trigger until needed.When they are built I would imagine the cell phone batteries are removed preventing premature detonation.

Anyone who would consider strapping on one of those things is insane !It''s like becoming a walking talking Claymore !The upward component of the explosive force usually pops the head off the bomber.

Well, yeah. It's pretty much the basic definition of crazy. I mean, how can you tell when a suicide bomber is depressed? He doesn't have the energy to blow himself up? We have to get serious about dealing with these guys. Here's my counter-terror strategy:

Suicide bombers' remains shall be immersed in pig fat and buried in pigskin shrouds.
Terrorists captured while attempting terror attacks shall be fed a steady diet of pork products while in captivity.
Families of terror group leaders are fair game.
Any attacks by domestic jihadis against Americans in CONUS will result in the immediate obliteration of the mosque attended by the jihadi, and a ban on construction of new mosques within a 100-mile radius of it.
Any attacks on the US involving WMD will result in the immediate obliteration of the terrorist's home country. If the country is a nominal ally, then that country will be obligated to prove its innocence by executing anyone affiliated with the terrorist within its borders.

megimoo
01-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, yeah. It's pretty much the basic definition of crazy. I mean, how can you tell when a suicide bomber is depressed? He doesn't have the energy to blow himself up? We have to get serious about dealing with these guys. Here's my counter-terror strategy:

Suicide bombers' remains shall be immersed in pig fat and buried in pigskin shrouds.
Terrorists captured while attempting terror attacks shall be fed a steady diet of pork products while in captivity.
Any attacks by domestic jihadis against Americans in CONUS will result in the immediate obliteration of the mosque attended by the jihadi, and a ban on construction of new mosques within a 100-mile radius of it.
Any attacks on the US involving WMD will result in the immediate obliteration of the terrorist's home country. If the country is a nominal ally, then that country will be obligated to prove its innocence by executing anyone affiliated with the terrorist within its borders.
You go well beyond what the IDF does with a suicide bombers family home in Israel.

I've read posts from active military people that tell of seal team members who while home on leave go to pet stores and buy dried pigs ears and carry a bit of the pig with them on raids to capture Taliban bigshot's.

They let it be known that when they kill a Taliban commander they slip a bit of the pig into his mouth when they throw him into a shallow grave under a pile of rocks .It works both ways the Taliban hate them and fight to the death but at the same time fear damnation coming before Allah with a mouth full of pig !

Constitutionally Speaking
01-29-2011, 10:46 PM

Works for me.

Rockntractor
01-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Are you mocking me ?

Come on Moo, she is talking about the miss fired Aye-rab.:D

Odysseus
01-30-2011, 10:30 PM
You go well beyond what the IDF does with a suicide bombers family home in Israel.

I've read posts from active military people that tell of seal team members who while home on leave go to pet stores and buy dried pigs ears and carry a bit of the pig with them on raids to capture Taliban bigshot's.

They let it be known that when they kill a Taliban commander they slip a bit of the pig into his mouth when they throw him into a shallow grave under a pile of rocks .It works both ways the Taliban hate them and fight to the death but at the same time fear damnation coming before Allah with a mouth full of pig !
It worked in the Philippines, too, although I would be shocked, shocked, I tell you, to hear that our current war has seen similar acts of insensitivity. Just because a person wants to kill us in the worst way that they can imagine, or enslave us and rape our women, doesn't mean that we can offend them. :rolleyes::D

megimoo
01-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Teenage bride of Islamist militant named as 'Black Widow' suicide bomber

The teenaged wife of an Islamist militant was named yesterday as one of the two “Black Widow” suicide bombers who attacked the Moscow Metro.Investigators believed that Dzhennet Abdurakhmanova, 17, blew herself up at Park Kultury station in revenge for the killing of her husband. Russia’s National Counter-Terrorism Committee named her as the number of dead from Monday’s bombings rose to 40 when a male victim died in hospital.

The Kommersant newspaper published a photograph of her in black Islamist headdress and exuding childish defiance as she brandishes a pistol next to her husband, Umalat Magomedov. He was killed on New Year’s Eve in a shoot-out with police in his native Dagestan, a Muslim republic bordering Chechnya.Magomedov, 30, was the leader of a terrorist group in Dagestan linked to the Islamist movement of Doku Umarov, which has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombings.

Abdurakhmanova, also from Dagestan, is said to have become acquainted with Magomedov via the internet as a 16-year-old. He took her as his wife soon afterwards, although it is unclear whether they had married formally.Magomedov died when traffic police flagged down a Lada car carrying him and three other militants through the town of Khasavyurt, Dagestan. Police said that the group began shooting at the checkpoint and were killed when officers returned fire.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7085541.ece

namvet
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Text message blows up suicide bomber by accident

A "Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security sources.

The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.

Islamist terrorists in Russia often use mobile phones as detonators. The bomber's handler, who is usually watching their charge, sends the bomber a text message in order to set off his or her explosive belt at the moment when it is thought they can inflict maximum casualties.

The dead woman has not been identified, but her husband is apparently serving time in jail for being a member of a radical Islamist terror group.

Security sources believe the New Year's Eve bomber and the airport bombers may have been members of a suicide squad trained in Pakistan's al-Qaida strongholds which was sent to target the Russian capital's transport system.

Nobody has been arrested in connection with Monday's bombing, which left 35 people dead. Police are trying to identify the severed head of a male suicide bomber recovered from the scene.

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Text+message+blows+suicide+bomber+accident/4172966/story.html#ixzz1Cp0oxGhJ

technology does its job !!!! :D