PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Dems bailing on Obama; Rasmussen has no Michelle O bounce

megimoo
08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Barack Obama has had an unprecedented slide in polling over the summer, losing as much as twelve points nationally and squandering momentum gained from besting Hillary Clinton in the primaries. Gallupís polling has mirrored that of almost every other national survey, and they drill down to find the answer to Obamaís decline: Barack Obama has been struggling to maintain his Democratic base thus far in August, and according to weekly averages of Gallup Poll Daily tracking, the problem seems to be with conservative Democrats. Within the Democratic Party, Obamaís losses are primarily evident among the relatively small group that describes...

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/27/conservative-dems-bailing-on-obama/

LibraryLady
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't envy McCain in his VP decision. Too conservative and he loses the ind/dems. Too moderate and he loses his tenuous connection to conservatives.

lacarnut
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
I believe the polling numbers are flawed. Obama does not have a shot at winning any southern states. So it would not make any difference if he was white, black or green. Southerners are not going to vote for Yankee liberals. However, I do believe race will be an issue in the northeast. 95% of blacks will vote for Obama; however, there are many whites in that part of the country that will not vote for a black man. These voters will not admit it but I think it will make a difference in McCain winning several states like PA & NJ. It will be fun to watch the media to try and spin this into something other than racism.

Another factor is the pinch that average wage earners are facing like high gas prices, inflation, more taxation. Obama plans to give them more of the these. On the other hand, McCain will give them assurance he will not raise their taxes and will work to increase oil production rather than tax the crap out of it like the other side. Moderates Democrats and Independents would rather see their taxes go down instead of up and would rather see oil production go up in this country instead of down.

Obama's poll numbers will continue to slide and after the debates, Obama will be finished. It will be a blow out.

Sadie5
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
I believe the polling numbers are flawed. Obama does not have a shot at winning any southern states. So it would not make any difference if he was white, black or green. Southerners are not going to vote for Yankee liberals. However, I do believe race will be an issue in the northeast. 95% of blacks will vote for Obama; however, there are many whites in that part of the country that will not vote for a black man. These voters will not admit it but I think it will make a difference in McCain winning several states like PA & NJ. It will be fun to watch the media to try and spin this into something other than racism.

Another factor is the pinch that average wage earners are facing like high gas prices, inflation, more taxation. Obama plans to give them more of the these. On the other hand, McCain will give them assurance he will not raise their taxes and will work to increase oil production rather than tax the crap out of it like the other side. Moderates Democrats and Independents would rather see their taxes go down instead of up and would rather see oil production go up in this country instead of down.

Obama's poll numbers will continue to slide and after the debates, Obama will be finished. It will be a blow out.

The debates will finish Obie off, McCain will have him in such a stuttering state he will probably break down and cry. They will bleed race for all it is worth. Why wouldn't they? It has so far been the ticket Obie needs to stay in this horse race. He eliminated all other challengers with race and when Hillary remained in despite his terrible treatment toward her, he started the sexism route. He has no bounce no matter what strings he pulls. As for the riots if he loses then the other half of the AA population can join their brothers in jail.JMOO

GrumpyOldLady
08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
No Michelle O bounce.

I still have hopes that there is a Michelle Obama 'whitey' tape that will be out soon.

Oh .. there will be a bounce from that!!! Against Obama! :D

I hope the rumor is true.