PDA

View Full Version : ‘We’re Living on a Volcano,’ Experts Warn

megimoo
01-28-2011, 09:07 PM
As with Iran in ’79, Islamists could hijack pro-democracy movements; ex-IDF research chief: “We're on thick ice, but even that melts eventually."Israeli security experts are casting an uneasy eye at the civil unrest spreading through the region.

On Thursday, Yemen joined the list of Arab states experiencing unprecedented demonstrations calling for authoritarian leaders to step down, and Egypt braced for more civil unrest.

While no analysts here predict any immediate ramifications for Israel’s national security, some said mass protest movements that begin as pro-democracy uprisings could easily be hijacked by Islamists.

“We need to understand that we are living on a volcano,” said Maj.- Gen. (res.) Ya’acov Amidror, former head of the IDF’s Research and Assessment Directorate.“Conditions can change from today until tomorrow. We must ask ourselves, what is the worst case scenario,” he said.

SNIP

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=205580

Articulate_Ape
01-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Interesting times we live in.

Novaheart
01-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Aerial spraying is the most effective way to deal with surface pests.

And what is this if not a plague of locusts?

megimoo
01-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Interesting times we live in.I'm sure Obama agrees with you !That liberal critter must be taking tranquilizers by the HANDFUL?

Gingersnap
01-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Things are seldom as bad or as good as immediate reports indicate. We'll see with this one.

Bailey
01-29-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm sure Obama agrees with you !That liberal critter must be taking tranquilizers by the HANDFUL?

I'd bet the magic negro (piss be on him) will handle the coming crisis just like Carter did. :(:mad:

AmPat
01-29-2011, 11:21 AM
This isn't really happening at all, no, no, no. We have the "best Secretary of State" in our history at the helm. She has the entire situation completely under control. :rolleyes: