PDA

View Full Version : "Liberman is out And Hutchison's Conservative enough !"

megimoo
08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Chatter over Hutchison as possible VP pick gets louder

"He could pickup a bunch of PUMA's with a woman !"

CRAWFORD Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's long-shot prospect for vice president is getting a push from conservative and other pundits in the lead-up to next week's Republican National Convention. The latest flurry of speculation online and on cable television constitutes at least a third or fourth wave of chatter about Hutchison, whose name surfaces occasionally as a possible Republican vice-presidential candidate. Hutchison, a delegate to next week's convention, will address the gathering in Minneapolis-St. Paul on the subject of energy independence on Sept. 3, her office announced Tuesday. The speaker slot would seem to douse the veep-talk, but no...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/5967502.html

SaintLouieWoman
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Dick Morris has been mentioning her for some time. She's a very bright woman and would be an asset. As far as being "conservative enough", remember when she first ran for Senate that Rushbo himself had nothing but glowing remarks about her. She's sensible and won't run off the mouth the way Biden will on the opposite side.

lacarnut
08-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Dick Morris has been mentioning her for some time. She's a very bright woman and would be an asset. As far as being "conservative enough", remember when she first ran for Senate that Rushbo himself had nothing but glowing remarks about her. She's sensible and won't run off the mouth the way Biden will on the opposite side.

I would rather see Liberman get the VP slot because I think he could help McCain more; defeating Obama is imperative. This country will go to hell in a hand basket if he becomes Prez. Having said that from a personal standpoint, I would love to see her as the VP pick and she is far more conservative than Liberman. I could be wrong about helping the ticket; she would undoubtedly help with the female vote. Also, we need a female Prez before a black man:cool::)

linda22003
08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Also, we need a female Prez before a black man:cool::)

I don't understand that. Why? I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton over Colin Powell.

Eyelids
08-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Also, we need a female Prez before a black man

I'd like to hear the justification behind this.

Ree
08-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I'd like to hear the justification behind this.
Coz women are a bigger voting bloc than blacks?

megimoo
08-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Coz women are a bigger voting bloc than blacks?And are much better looking !

megimoo
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I would rather see Liberman get the VP slot because I think he could help McCain more; defeating Obama is imperative. This country will go to hell in a hand basket if he becomes Prez. Having said that from a personal standpoint, I would love to see her as the VP pick and she is far more conservative than Liberman. I could be wrong about helping the ticket; she would undoubtedly help with the female vote. Also, we need a female Prez before a black man:cool::)If he posted Liberman the Reagan Conservatives would dump him and stay home same thing with Powell because he is essentially a RINO .

Ree
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
If McCain picks a woman I might vote for him...

lacarnut
08-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't understand that. Why? I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton over Colin Powell.

I would not vote for either one. I would like to see a Conservative woman become Prez. Do you have a problem with that? Notice, I did not mention the woman's race like the idiot Eyelids assumed.

Conclusion for those that comprehension skills are lacking. If McCain kicks the bucket, a female Prez like K.B.H. would be great in my opinion.

GenYConservative
08-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Well that would steal Obama's thunder...

lacarnut
08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Coz women are a bigger voting bloc than blacks?

You and Megimoo have moral clarity.:)

Aklover
08-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Hutchinson is too old, and if accounts I read are true she wants to go back to Texas to be Governor.

gator
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I would rather see Liberman get the VP slot because I think he could help McCain more; defeating Obama is imperative. This country will go to hell in a hand basket if he becomes Prez. Having said that from a personal standpoint, I would love to see her as the VP pick and she is far more conservative than Liberman. I could be wrong about helping the ticket; she would undoubtedly help with the female vote. Also, we need a female Prez before a black man:cool::)

So if McCain picks a card carrying Liberal Democrat as a running mate then that would increase his chances of defeating Obama? :confused:

megimoo
08-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Hutchinson is too old, and if accounts I read are true she wants to go back to Texas to be Governor.Horse pucky, Her age is not an issue it's because she could easily win and sink your Buzzard candidate and that has you worried !If Mc Cain dies I would much drather see her as POTUS than that fool Biden If someone shoots the magic one !

GrumpyOldLady
08-27-2008, 07:15 PM
She would be just fine as Commander In Chief. That's what a VP has to be. Commander-In-Chief in waiting.
She could do the job.

But he'll pick Romney. That's my bet.

LibraryLady
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Investigation dogs Alaska governor

By STEVE QUINN Aug 14, 2008

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) Gov. Sarah Palin, a rising young GOP star mentioned as a possible running mate for John McCain, could see her clean-hands reputation damaged by a growing furor over whether she tried to get her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper.

A legislative panel has launched a $100,000 investigation to determine if Palin dismissed Alaska's public safety commissioner because he would not fire the trooper, Mike Wooten. Wooten went through a messy divorce from Palin's sister.

Palin has denied the commissioner's dismissal had anything to do with her former brother-in-law. And she denied orchestrating the dozens of telephone calls made by her husband and members of her administration to Wooten's bosses.

Romney is too predictable and together they own too many houses!!!:D

lacarnut
08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
So if McCain picks a card carrying Liberal Democrat as a running mate then that would increase his chances of defeating Obama? :confused:

Anyone is better than the 1st and 3rd most liberal senator in Congress. Obama/Biden will not defend and protect this country as well as McCain/Liberman will. That is my number1 concern; it should be yours since your son is in the military. If you have proof of any Democrat Prez. in the last 30 years not being a whimp and a coward, let me know who it is.

I am not a fan of Bush or McCain but they are certainly better than Obama who will cut our military, cut our intelligence, raise our taxes and wind up allowing another 9/11.

Aklover
08-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Horse pucky, Her age is not an issue it's because she could easily win and sink your Buzzard candidate and that has you worried !If Mc Cain dies I would much drather see her as POTUS than that fool Biden If someone shoots the magic one !

Do you really want the AARP/social security ticket for the GOP? McCain needs a VP who is not in his age bracket.

Exactly who do you think my candidate is?