PDA

View Full Version : Amy Henslee murder

fettpett
01-29-2011, 12:46 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-mom-amy-henslee-found-dead-suspect-junior/story?id=12792376&page=1

Michigan Mom Amy Henslee Found Dead
Two Women Found Dead; Cousin of Henslee's Husband Charged

Post a Comment By ANDREA CANNING and JESSICA HOPPER
Jan. 29, 2011Amy Henslee, the Michigan mom of two who vanished from her home three days ago, was found shot to death yesterday morning, police said. Her body was found buried with the corpse of another woman. The bodies were found about 5-feet deep in a rural area in Bangor Township, according to The Associated Press.

Junior Lee Beebe, 34, was arraigned yesterday on two counts of open murder and two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. He is being held at Van Buren County Jail without bond. Beebe is the cousin of Henslee's husband.

"Unfortunately, the investigation that began with the disappearance of Amy Henslee this past Monday evening culminated yesterday morning with the discovery of her body and also the body of Tonya Howarth," Van Buren County Prosecutor Juris Kaps said.

"It appears that they both died of multiple gunshot wounds," Kaps said.

Amy was the daughter in law of a former co-worker. A lot of people that I know from the area either knew her or the family. Pretty sad and scary what happened, as it only happened about 20 mins away. My wife is home with the kids by herself most of the time... fortunately I've got some protection for her, just need to get her comfortable with my 9mm.

Phillygirl
01-29-2011, 02:25 PM
A very sad story. If I heard right, they were killed because of a lover's quarrel regarding Tonya...is that right?

fettpett
01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
A very sad story. If I heard right, they were killed because of a lover's quarrel regarding Tonya...is that right?

no, not that I know of. The guy that supposedly killed her and Tonya is a cousin of Amy's husband's. I can't say there was anything going on between the two but from the description of him I doubt it

Kay
01-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Very sad story.
It is scary when something like this happens so close to home.

megimoo
01-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Amy was the daughter in law of a former co-worker. A lot of people that I know from the area either knew her or the family. Pretty sad and scary what happened, as it only happened about 20 mins away. My wife is home with the kids by herself most of the time... fortunately I've got some protection for her, just need to get her comfortable with my 9mm.Do they have any idea why he killed them ?
As for the self defense join a gun club .They have gun schools for woman who fear being alone . Take her trap shooting and buy a 12 or 16 gauge Autoloader and teach her to shoot it.

fettpett
01-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Do they have any idea why he killed them ?
As for the self defense join a gun club .They have gun schools for woman who fear being alone . Take her trap shooting and buy a 12 or 16 gauge Autoloader and teach her to shoot it.

not that i know of right now...their being tight lipped with that info. I had posted a comment on my shop's FB page that they had found the two bodies and I got my head bit off for posting "details". they weren't posting much info to "protect the family" even though most of the family had the information she had been killed and posted it before the News even reported she had been found. One local news had even commented that she was still missing, hour later others networks reported she was found dead with the other woman.

megimoo
01-29-2011, 03:05 PM
not that i know of right now...their being tight lipped with that info. I had posted a comment on my shop's FB page that they had found the two bodies and I got my head bit off for posting "details". they weren't posting much info to "protect the family" even though most of the family had the information she had been killed and posted it before the News even reported she had been found. One local news had even commented that she was still missing, hour later others networks reported she was found dead with the other woman.From what you posted it's not clear .Were they both killed and buried at the same time or was the other woman killed and buried at some earlier time ?

fettpett
01-29-2011, 03:06 PM
From what you posted it's not clear .Were they both killed and buried at the same time or was the other woman killed and buried at some earlier time ?

within hours of each other. I don't know if they know how everything went down yet.

megimoo
01-29-2011, 03:19 PM
within hours of each other. I don't know if they know how everything went down yet.

"Amy Henslee's husband, James, last saw her alive on Monday morning when he left for work from their home in Hartford Township, just south of where the women were temporarily interred. The Sheriff's Department said he is not a suspect, and initially did not suspect foul play in Henslee's disappearance.

At some point Monday morning, Amy Henslee left the house, locking the door behind her and leaving her purse inside. Authorities said Friday they think she left voluntarily with Beebe.

Kaps, a spokesman for the county's Major Crimes Task Force, said Beebe is a cousin of Henslee's husband, and that Howarth was an acquaintance of Henslee, and possibly a friend or girlfriend of the suspect.

Sheriff's Sgt. David Walker said investigators found the bodies of Henslee and Howarth buried on land owned by Philip Beebe, the suspect's uncle. He said Junior Beebe was in the process of buying the property."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029934-504083.html

Victim: Tonya Howarth
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/victim_tonya_howarth.html

fettpett
01-29-2011, 03:44 PM
i meant the actual murders, they know what happened till about 9:30 that morning, they probably have more info by now on what happened

Phillygirl
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Ahh, I got it totally wrong. Is the cousin sort of "off"? Perhaps it was an obsession issue with his cousin's wife. So sad.

fettpett
01-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Ahh, I got it totally wrong. Is the cousin sort of "off"? Perhaps it was an obsession issue with his cousin's wife. So sad.

possibility, he beat up his girlfriend quite often, and he was into MMA, pretty bad went 3-6

could be that Tonya went to pick her up to help get herself out, he found them and killed them...idk

Kay
01-29-2011, 05:40 PM
he was into MMA, pretty bad went 3-6

What does this mean?

fettpett
01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
What does this mean?

mixed martial arts, like UFC.

Kay
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation.

fettpett
01-29-2011, 07:06 PM

np

Kay
01-29-2011, 07:56 PM
np

What does this mean?

fettpett
01-29-2011, 08:45 PM
What does this mean?

no problem

Kay
01-29-2011, 08:52 PM

Bubba Dawg
01-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Dang. So sorry.

Thoughts and prayers. :(

WhiteWolf
01-30-2011, 07:05 AM
Sad story all the way around. Condolences to the families...