PDA

View Full Version : Richard Engel reporting on MSNBC: Looting of gated communities

Carol
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x300768)

eleny Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jan-29-11 11:06 AM
Original message
Richard Engel reporting on MSNBC: Looting of gated communities

And their nearby supermarkets and upscale shopping malls.

He's reporting right now that the mob is surrounding the home of the Interior Minister. The army is not taking any action.

And the DUers response to anarchy:

toddaa Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:07 AM
Response to Original message
1. Well, isn't that just terrible

Spending all that money to keep the riff raff out and the gates don't work.

malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:24 AM
Response to Reply #1
14. Tax the rich or

face the poor.

It's uncomplicated.

gateley Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:40 AM
Response to Reply #14
33. Well put. And something our overlords should take note of. nt

WingDinger Donating Member (857 posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:07 AM
2. Let that serve as a warning to the empathy challenged rich.

dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:07 AM
3. I hope people here are paying attention to this.

People who live in gated communities have only an illusion of safety.

Ta dum ta dum ta dum........

Dennis Donovan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:15 AM
5. Redistribution of wealth the hard way, I suppose...
The voice of reason mostly gets ignored.

cbdo2007 (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:17 AM
6. This makes me want to get a gun.

To protect my family. There is almost always someone out there who has less than you do, so in situations like this, you can always be a target.

BeFree Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:30 AM
Response to Reply #6
17. Fear? Will a gun displace fear?

Really, it is nothing but karma which one must fear, and no gun will ever alleviate that fearful activity.

Gman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:20 AM
9. Now I feel bad

It involuntarily flashed through my mind when I read the above mobs of unemployed Americans doing the same thing here and I smiled! Will we ever get to this point? If so, when? If not, why not?

Ozymanithrax Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:37 AM
30. Lots of Gate communities here in the U.S.A.

Imagine the mobs here?

Desertrose Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:37 AM
31. (Pay attention America)

just sayin'....

Apache
01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Ah, the dreams of the impotent and ill-informed...

Sonnabend
01-29-2011, 05:47 PM

Really, it is nothing but karma which one must fear, and no gun will ever alleviate that fearful activity.

When faced with an armed and armoured gated community owner, a gun is a nice way of saying "fuck off OR die" :D

fettpett
01-29-2011, 06:09 PM
When faced with an armed and armoured gated community owner, a gun is a nice way of saying "fuck off OR die" :D

yeah, they are called the great equalizer for a reason

SarasotaRepub
01-29-2011, 06:17 PM
dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:07 AM
3. I hope people here are paying attention to this. (Oh..we already have.)

People who live in gated communities have only an illusion of safety. (That's true, unless it's backed up with superior firepower. Imagine that, the DUmmies provide a perfect reason for assault weapons!) :D

Ta dum ta dum ta dum........(Myself, I like the sound of an AR-15 being cycled. ;))

These pissants just love the thought of doing looting like this, they're probably drooling on their keyboards.

hoplophobe
01-29-2011, 08:45 PM
BeFree Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:30 AM
Response to Reply #6

Ignorance is indeed bliss. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
01-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I adore how the left are working overtime to try and make this whole mess in Egypt out to be about 'democracy' and the economically oppressed. :rolleyes: DU - wake the fuck up. This is about Sharia law, the Muslim Brotherhood, and Israel. The Muslim Brotherhood and their supporters want to institute Sharia law and wage war on Israel.

NJCardFan
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Gman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:20 AM
9. Now I feel bad

It involuntarily flashed through my mind when I read the above mobs of unemployed Americans doing the same thing here and I smiled! Will we ever get to this point? If so, when? If not, why not?
2 things. 1, try this with my and they will be notifying your next of kin. 2, what a miserable piece of shit you are. Wanting people to be murdered and looted because they dare have more than you. Fucking disgusting leftist shitbag.

FDK
01-29-2011, 09:29 PM
gateley (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-29-11 11:50 AM
Response to Reply #32
38. Yet. When people get desperate enough... Although, the Republicans have worked

their Machiavellian Magic to divide the populace so the entire population could never come together and act as one body.

Yeah, it's good thing that the Dems never use stuff like class warfare and race-baiting to divide the country.

Adam Wood
01-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Fear? Will a gun displace fear?No, but it will generally do a good job of displacing looters.

DarkHalo
01-30-2011, 02:20 AM
It just always amazes me the way DUmmies hate economic success and accomplishment. Or maybe they just think it's kEwL to be such radical proletariats. I agree with Adam about a hand gun displacing looters. I don't currently own a weapon myself but my son who lives with me has a Baretta 9mm, an H & K and an AR-15 and LOTS of ammo. We're probably pretty good in case any looters show up to try and take what we've worked so hard all our lives for. ;)