PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Schumer Needs A Civics Lesson

NJCardFan
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Watch this video and tell me why I think he needs a civics lesson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG0Jpu9geWY&feature=player_embedded

Apache
01-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh FFS! That man's non-answer, gobilty gook use of words to try and sound smarter than you made my eyes glaze...

House, one branch and the Senate, another???:rolleyes:

Calypso Jones
01-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Was he on Moron Trivia?

NJCardFan
01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh FFS! That man's non-answer, gobilty gook use of words to try and sound smarter than you made my eyes glaze...

House, one branch and the Senate, another???:rolleyes:

Give this man a cheroot. Yeah, here is an elected official and a member of one of the 3 branches of government who doesn't know the 3 branches of government. Can you imagine the noise the left would have made had Bush or Palin or Boehner would have said such a thing? Or maybe he just doesn't think the Judiciary is a branch of government.

AmPat
01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Give this man a cheroot. Yeah, here is an elected official and a member of one of the 3 branches of government who doesn't know the 3 branches of government. Can you imagine the noise the left would have made had Bush or Palin or Boehner would have said such a thing? Or maybe he just doesn't think the Judiciary is a branch of government.

It isn't. To a liberal, it is a subsection that legislates and enforces laws. Sort of a Execulegisdicial branch. It is there to circumvent the law of the land and make up new ones without the consent of the governed. :cool:

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
hahaha that man is sooo dummbbbb

Apache
01-31-2011, 03:16 PM

He obvisously misspoke, but I think that may be how he really feels. Note to networks, don't give these twits too much time because then they have to pull the fecal flush to fill it...

Calypso Jones
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
I for one, do not think he misspoke. Doncha just love that term. I guess its pc speak for dumb bass. I think that is what he actually thought. He is afe rall from NY and has been in congress too long. He thinks the seat is his now.

Apache
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
I for one, do not think he misspoke. Doncha just love that term. I guess its pc speak for dumb bass. I think that is what he actually thought. He is afe rall from NY and has been in congress too long. He thinks the seat is his now.

I thought that be what I said...:confused:

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Can you imagine the noise the left would have made had Bush or Palin or Boehner would have said such a thing?

Why do you have to imagine? Bush and Palin have said really stupid things and had not-so-stupid but-still-pretty-funny gaffs plenty of times.

and yes everyone laughed about it because it was funny

fettpett
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
because it's Chuck Schumer, thats all there is to him needing a civics lesson

NJCardFan
01-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Why do you have to imagine? Bush and Palin have said really stupid things and had not-so-stupid but-still-pretty-funny gaffs plenty of times.

Neither GWB or Sarah Palin let the world know that they don't know what the 3 branches of government are. Which is something most of us learned in grade school. And, no, he didn't misspeak.

megimoo
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Schumer needs a massive Douche and Enema !

Odysseus
01-31-2011, 04:37 PM
hahaha that man is sooo dummbbbb
Yes, he certainly is.

Then, perhaps you could provide an example of something either said that demonstrated the same level of ignorance about the US government that Chuckie had demonstrated?

AmPat
01-31-2011, 04:38 PM

This isn't a simple gaff, this is DUmb on display. Gaffs are misspeaking, not making up crap. "57 States," Korpsmen (X2), et cetera, just plain DUmb on display.:cool:

Calypso Jones
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I thought that be what I said...:confused:

well. I wanted you to know that you were right.

Calypso Jones
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
yes, i too would like to be reminded of 'dumb stuff' that sarah palin said.

Constitutionally Speaking
01-31-2011, 06:41 PM

That is true. But what is also true is that not everyone will get a chance to hear this one. Where the Bush and the Palin gaffs make the nightly news, every talkshow and the weekend shows devote entire segments to the conservative gaffs, THIS one will not see the light of day in most of the mainstream media.

Odysseus
01-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Hmmmm... Wei seems to have found something better to do...:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Chuck Schumer is a scumbag POS and dumber than a bag of hammers. He somehow weaseled his way into speaking at my son's college graduation (he was not on the speakers list) and proceeded to make a thinly-veiled campaign speech. Now Hofstra is hardly what you would call a conservative campus, but it seemed to me that a great many in the audience around us were as annoyed as my wife and I were.

He is a man who loves the sound of his own voice and hasn't got two synapses to rub together.

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
That is true. But what is also true is that not everyone will get a chance to hear this one. Where the Bush and the Palin gaffs make the nightly news, every talkshow and the weekend shows devote entire segments to the conservative gaffs, THIS one will not see the light of day in most of the mainstream media.

I'm guessing by "mainstream" media you aren't including the Most Watched News Network or the Highest Rated News Shows or the Highest Rated Radio Talk Shows in the country?

Because if that's not mainstream you have a different idea of the word than I do.

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 08:42 PM

if you really want some right wing 'dumb stuff' just do a youtube search for michele bachmann and I promise you'll find a goldmine on the first page

Zathras
01-31-2011, 08:46 PM
if you really want some right wing 'dumb stuff' just do a youtube search for michele bachmann and I promise you'll find a goldmine on the first page

Really Wee Wee? Prove it. You're the one making the claim, not us. It's up to you to provide proof, not us.

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Really Wee Wee? Prove it. You're the one making the claim, not us. It's up to you to provide proof, not us.

lol okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubBDHvy7u5c

and this one for extra Icing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uAvdZjXcD8

lmao

Rockntractor
01-31-2011, 09:18 PM
lol okay

lmao

Chris Panama canal is in Egypt Matthews?

Adam Wood
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
lol okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubBDHvy7u5cAs usual, Leftists think that they can declare victory when in fact the facts are not on their side (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Quincy_Adams#Enemy_of_slavery).

It must really suck to be a Leftist, because after a while you really should manage to learn that the entirety of your ideology is utterly and completely false and based upon the lies your handlers tell you to believe. And ye t you don't. You just keep following the rest of the lemmings right off the cliff, every single time.

NJCardFan
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
lol okay

lmao

Um, what did she say that was wrong. J.Q. Adams was a champion of abolition. Perhaps, Wee Wee, you should pick up a history book once in a while. As for vid #2, again, where did she err? That Obama, in his SOTU speech talked about "investing" which is the new liberal buzz word for spending? Again, get some perspective and try again.

Zathras
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
lol okay

lmao

And once again you fail Wee Wee....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/demotivational-poster-lion-facepaw.jpg

Oh, and we're still waiting for proof of Bush and Palin saying something as stupid as Schumer did.

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
lol yes the founding fathers indeed did the hard work of ending slavery

they didn't rest until it was done. in fact it was in the constitution....

oh wait....

Adam Wood
01-31-2011, 10:12 PM

oh wait....
Jayzus, son...did you pay NO attention in your elementary, middle, and high school American history classes?

Just stop digging. It's embarrassing to watch someone be so intentionally ignorant.

Zathras
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM

oh wait....

Ummm....care to show me where Bachman said "Founding Fathers" DUmbass?

fettpett
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM

oh wait....

oh yeah....and their would have been 2 countries instead of one...:rolleyes:

NJCardFan
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM

oh wait....

*sigh* For starters, J.Q. Adams wasn't a founding father. His father was. #2, he represented a group of Africans in one of the most famous cases involving freedom to slaves in the Amistad case. He won. So, again, instead of snarking, why don't you pick up a history book and read up on the man.

Wei Wu Wei
01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Ummm....care to show me where Bachman said "Founding Fathers" DUmbass?

oh sorry she said 'founders' not 'founding fathers' my mistake

fettpett
02-01-2011, 12:07 AM

they would be the same thing dunce

John Q. Adams was a kid a the time of the Revolution and didn't get involved in politics till 1794 well after the Country and Constitution were in place

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 12:18 AM
they would be the same thing dunce

John Q. Adams was a kid a the time of the Revolution and didn't get involved in politics till 1794 well after the Country and Constitution were in place

Wee wee prolly thinks that the founders only includes a dozen or so men such as Franklin, Jefferson, Washington, Adams, Paine and a few others. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 12:18 AM

please define either term.