PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg sending undercover cops to investigate gun shows... in Arizona?

megimoo
01-31-2011, 09:54 PM
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg may prefer "No Labels" but in his case, I think "gun grabber" is a pretty fitting one. As part of his misguided crusade to tighten up gun laws nationally,

The New York Times reports that Hizzoner sent undercover cops to gun shows in Arizona and found they were violating the law:

In two instances, the New York undercover officers specifically said before buying a gun, “I probably couldn’t pass a background check,” but were still sold guns, city officials said. In a third case, an investigator bought a Glock pistol and two high-capacity magazines like the ones used in the Tucson shooting. Such purchases were made without any background check but were perfectly legal.

Mr. Bloomberg’s office, which will release details of the undercover investigation on Monday, has for years pushed for tighter firearms laws. Since the Tucson shooting, Mr. Bloomberg has enlisted in his effort Daniel Hernandez, an intern in the office of Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona. The congresswoman was the most seriously wounded, and Mr. Hernandez held her until emergency personnel arrived.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/bloomberg-sending-undercover-cops-investigate-gun-shows-arizona

Jfor
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Thos "officers" should be arrested and so should Bloomberg. According to current Federal gun laws, they made straw purchases. They need to be sent to federal pound me in the ass prison.

lacarnut
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Bloomy should worry more about crime in NY and the financial mess of his doings.

fettpett
01-31-2011, 10:55 PM
the No Labels crowd is a bunch of Liberals that don't want to admit that they are. I follow their crap on facebook and any time I make comments they jump down my throat for blindly following my "handlers"

PoliCon
01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
since when does NYPD have any jurisdiction in Arizona?

Adam Wood
02-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Thos "officers" should be arrested and so should Bloomberg. According to current Federal gun laws, they made straw purchases. They need to be sent to federal pound me in the ass prison.Yep. That's RICO for Bloomberg. Definitely should be hauled out of City Hall and marched right down to the federal courthouse.

Jfor
02-01-2011, 09:35 AM
since when does NYPD have any jurisdiction in Arizona?

They don't and what they did is break the law.

AmPat
02-01-2011, 09:43 AM
The only reason Bloomberg did this was for political gain. He had no business in TX of all places. Where did the officers get the funds to pay for this out of jurisdiction investigation, NY is broke? What was the purpose of the investigation, they could not effect an arrest?

The only reason was a liberal mayor was attempting to make political points in a Conservative state. He should be removed from office.

Apache
02-01-2011, 09:59 AM
This what I was looking for:
Private, unlicensed sellers are not required to run federal background checks,

McStain to the rescue in 3...2....

Apache
02-01-2011, 10:00 AM
The only reason Bloomberg did this was for political gain. He had no business in TX of all places. Where did the officers get the funds to pay for this out of jurisdiction investigation, NY is broke? What was the purpose of the investigation, they could not effect an arrest?

The only reason was a liberal mayor was attempting to make political points in a Conservative state. He should be removed from office.

Pssst, it was Arizona ;)

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Yep. That's RICO for Bloomberg. Definitely should be hauled out of City Hall and marched right down to the federal courthouse.

Won't happen. The progressive elites are above the law. Now if you or I had done that . . . . different story.

fettpett
02-01-2011, 10:20 AM
one would think that Jan Brewer would take this dipshit to court for violating AZ's jurisdiction

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
one would think that Jan Brewer would take this dipshit to court for violating AZ's jurisdiction

Won't happen. The progressive elites are above the law.

fettpett
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Won't happen. The progressive elites are above the law.

how does that stop Brewer? screw that Bloomingidiot in NYC and take him to court

Jfor
02-01-2011, 10:34 AM
According to a transcript from one investigator’s purchase of a Sig Sauer pistol at the Phoenix show, the exchange went like this:

Investigator: “So, you’re not one of those, you know, dealer guys, right?”

Seller: “No. No tax, no form, you don’t have to do transfers or nothing.”

Investigator: “Yeah, yeah.”

Seller: “Just see an Arizona ID and that’s it with me.”

Investigator: “So no background check?”

Seller: “No.”

Investigator: “That’s good, because I probably couldn’t pass one, you know what I mean?”

The seller sold the gun for $500.

This is relevant here because according to federal law, it is illegal to purchase a handgun face to face from a state in which you are not a resident. You can however, purchase rifles and shotguns. So that being understood, I want to know how the person from New york showed his ID to purchase the handgun. I can guarantee that he did not use a New York State id. Did he use an Arizona id? If he did, then it would have been a fake id. Did Bloomberg authorize somebody to hire a private detective from Arizona to purchase the hand gun? if he did, that also would be a straw purchase and I think you could also add a conspiracy charge in there.

BTW... I got the above quote from here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/31/us/31guns.html

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
how does that stop Brewer? screw that Bloomingidiot in NYC and take him to court

Tell you what - she files charges and I'll root for the packers in the superbowl. That's how sure I am that she won't do it.

fettpett
02-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Tell you what - she files charges and I'll root for the packers in the superbowl. That's how sure I am that she won't do it.

just remember shes the one that passed the immigration bill last year. and stood up to the Obassiah when he took her to court...even if it was the wrong one

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
just remember shes the one that passed the immigration bill last year. and stood up to the Obassiah when he took her to court...even if it was the wrong one

she was way behind in her re-election polls then. Today - she's not running for a damn thing. Sorry - but I know that elitism trumps the law. GO STEELERS!

fettpett
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
This is relevant here because according to federal law, it is illegal to purchase a handgun face to face from a state in which you are not a resident. You can however, purchase rifles and shotguns. So that being understood, I want to know how the person from New york showed his ID to purchase the handgun. I can guarantee that he did not use a New York State id. Did he use an Arizona id? If he did, then it would have been a fake id. Did Bloomberg authorize somebody to hire a private detective from Arizona to purchase the hand gun? if he did, that also would be a straw purchase and I think you could also add a conspiracy charge in there.

BTW... I got the above quote from here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/31/us/31guns.html

That there is the issue, face to face transactions between individuals that aren't dealers are a lot easier than with dealers. The seller asked for a AZ ID, if an undercover non-resident LEO purchased it, than not only is officer committing a crime but so is his superiors

AmPat
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Pssst, it was Arizona ;)

Thx, I suck!:o

fettpett
02-01-2011, 12:45 PM
she was way behind in her re-election polls then. Today - she's not running for a damn thing. Sorry - but I know that elitism trumps the law. GO STEELERS!

I'm not saying your wrong...just pointing it out

Apache
02-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Quit lying. You'd never do it and you know it...:rolleyes:

Just in case though, what size cheesehead do you wear? :p

Apache
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM

Arizona loves its guns, I think she might just do something in this case...

Another thing, we don't like big cities butting their noses into our business. What Bloomnanny did was wrong and illegal...

AmPat
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM

It's a post to post varying from pin head to inflated.
*ducks behind Rock*

Rockntractor
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
*ducks behind Rock*

I was just getting ready to post pinhead, or condom!:D

AmPat
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Arizona loves its guns, I think she might just do something in this case...

Another thing, we don't like big cities butting their noses into our business. What Bloomnanny did was wrong and illegal...
She ought to take Bloomingidiot to court. Since NY city is broke, she'll hand them their @$$. Maybe the NYers will finally wake up and stop electing these idiot liberals.

Apache
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
She ought to take Bloomingidiot to court. Since NY city is broke, she'll hand them their @$$. Maybe the NYers will finally wake up and stop electing these idiot liberals.

You just know he did it for some money himself. I'd say do it.... :cool:

obx
02-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Maybe Arizona could send someone to NY to buy some crappy salsa.

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM

7 5/8. :o

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
*ducks behind Rock*

:mad:

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I was just getting ready to post pinhead, or condom!:D

:rolleyes:

fettpett
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM

tiny head....where do you fit all that hot air :D :p :cool:

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 05:58 PM
tiny head....where do you fit all that hot air :D :p :cool:

:confused: someone does not know his hat sizes . . . .

fettpett
02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
:confused: someone does not know his hat sizes . . . .

compared to mine it's tiny :p

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
compared to mine it's tiny :p

what the hell size do you wear? an 8??

fettpett
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
what the hell size do you wear? an 8??

very few hats fit well....most are too shallow too :( my mom got me a Packer Champ hat....it's too small :mad:

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 06:27 PM
very few hats fit well....most are too shallow too :( my mom got me a Packer Champ hat....it's too small :mad:

so this is what you've been doing since 3rd Rock was canceled . . . .

You were always so good on that show . . .

Rockntractor
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Centimeters.

fettpett
02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
so this is what you've been doing since 3rd Rock was canceled . . . .

You were always so good on that show . . .

ha...keep it up pipsqueak :p

Rockntractor
02-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Poli's horse.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/twink2a_web.jpg

PoliCon
02-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Poli's horse.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/twink2a_web.jpg

there you go talking shit again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQxT20mY-k

fettpett