PDA

View Full Version : "These People Are Insane : It's Ok For Sikh But Not For Christians ?"

megimoo
02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

\http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/01/michigan-school-district-allows-sikh-students-wear-religious-dagger-school/?test=latestnews

MrsSmith
02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Michigan School District Allows Sikh Students to Wear Religious Dagger to School

Detroit-area district says it's allowing Sikh students to wear a small, religious dagger to school, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

The decision by the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools reverses a ban put in place in December after a fourth-grader at a Canton Township elementary school was found with a dull, 3- to 5-inch kirpan.

The kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil in the Sikh tradition. The dagger is a religious symbol that baptized Sikh males are expected to carry.

\http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/01/michigan-school-district-allows-sikh-students-wear-religious-dagger-school/?test=latestnews

Obviously, it's far more dangerous for a Christian kid to have a Lego gun than a Sikh kid to have a dull knife. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apache
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Obviously, it's far more dangerous for a Christian kid to have a Lego gun than a Sikh kid to have a dull knife. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dunno.... you ever step on a lego barefooted :eek:

fettpett
02-01-2011, 11:05 AM
um...so much for those zero tolerance polices on weapons. maybe someone should bring a gun and say it's against their religion not to have a ccw weapon with them at all times :D

noonwitch
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I generally don't think kids should be allowed to carry knives to school, but the zero tolerance policies go too far-severe punishments for something that probably should be dealt with between the principal and parents.

Plymouth-Canton schools have a pretty good reputation, academically speaking. The high school is the largest in the state. I don't deal with them for work, but I have coworkers whose kids attend that district and they are pretty happy with the education their kids receive.

Rockntractor
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
This is just Sikhening!:mad:

megimoo
02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
This is just Sikhening!:mad:Be sure to wipe thyself whenever thou doth defecate !:D