PDA

View Full Version : "Idiot DEA Agent Shoots Himself In The Foot Sues DEA "

megimoo
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
DEA Agent Is Suing Government For Allegedly Releasing Video Of Him Shooting Himself In The Foot

Undercover DEA agent Lee Paige learned the hard, painful way that whatever happens on video… immediately goes on YouTube. Paige is currently attempting to sue the U.S. government for releasing a video of him shooting himself in the foot with a Glock during a presentation about drug education at a Florida community center in 2004. In April of 2006, Paige filed a complaint alleging that the video’s release harmed his reputation after it appeared online and was broadcast on several television news shows. According to Paige, the DEA possessed sole footage from the talk and, therefore, someone within the department

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVYFRM5Tl8

"This One Just For the Chuckles ."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiWd1h5Qyrs&feature=related

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dea-agent-is-suing-government-for-allegedly-releasing-video-of-him-shooting-himself-in-the-foot/

fettpett
02-02-2011, 11:02 AM
thats what happens when the dumbass doesn't practice proper gun safety and uses a loaded weapon for demonstration. fucking moron deserves whatever ridicule he receives

megimoo
02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
thats what happens when the dumbass doesn't practice proper gun safety and uses a loaded weapon for demonstration. fucking moron deserves whatever ridicule he receivesThey gave him the job because he was too dumb for the streets but he out dumbed them !

fettpett
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
They gave him the job because he was too dumb for the streets but he out dumbed them !

HAHAHAHA

Odysseus
02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
thats what happens when the dumbass doesn't practice proper gun safety and uses a loaded weapon for demonstration. fucking moron deserves whatever ridicule he receives

Technically, the Privacy Act actually punishes the release of embarrasing information by government agencies, so he might win his case. And, he did keep talking and doing the demo after he was shot, which is fairly hard core. That's not to say that he isn't an idiot for mishanding his weapon...

PoliCon
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
SO . . . someone from the office releases a copy of this tape and it's the governments fault? Find out who released it and go after them. You would think he'd have to prove complicity to be able to sue the department for it.

megimoo
02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
SO . . . someone from the office releases a copy of this tape and it's the governments fault? Find out who released it and go after them. You would think he'd have to prove complicity to be able to sue the department for it.More money going after Uncle Sam.Plus he's black so winning the case against the government is a sure thing !

Odysseus
02-02-2011, 05:57 PM
SO . . . someone from the office releases a copy of this tape and it's the governments fault? Find out who released it and go after them. You would think he'd have to prove complicity to be able to sue the department for it.

Yes and no. I had to do a 15-6 investigation a few years ago on an identify theft issue that involved the loss of some documents from our headquarters, so I had a grand ol' time acquainting myself with the Privacy Act. The person who released the tape may be held criminally liable, however, the chain of command had an obligation to safeguard the information. If it can be proven that they failed to do so though negligence or malice, then they, and therefore the government, can be held liable.

fettpett
02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
he's still a dumbass either way

plus i was referring to him shooting himself in the foot

Novaheart
02-02-2011, 06:35 PM
So DEA agents aren't covered by the presumption of accomplishment and nobility?
How about Border Patrol?

fettpett
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
So DEA agents aren't covered by the presumption of accomplishment and nobility?
How about Border Patrol?

If it was DEA, FBI, CIA, Border Patrol or any other alphabet soup LEO I'd LMFAO at them for the same thing.

a few major rules of gun safety are
when showing someone a weapon

Always pull out the clip
Always check for a round after you've taken the clip out
NEVER point a gun at someone, even an unloaded one
NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to pull it

this idiot failed to do almost all of those and paid the price

Novaheart
02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
If it was DEA, FBI, CIA, Border Patrol or any other alphabet soup LEO I'd LMFAO at them for the same thing.

a few major rules of gun safety are
when showing someone a weapon

Always pull out the clip
Always check for a round after you've taken the clip out
NEVER point a gun at someone, even an unloaded one
NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to pull it

this idiot failed to do almost all of those and paid the price

But if he was a marine, then it would be off limits?

Adam Wood
02-02-2011, 06:50 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/10mq7vk.jpg

Odysseus
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM

No. A video of a Marine shooting himself in the foot would be grounds for being called a dumbass. The membership in the armed forces isn't a blanket protection from criticism for individual acts of Darwinian gene pool cleansing, nor should it be. The rule is that you can't attack the person for simply being in the military. Calling a DEA agent a schmuck for shooting himself in the foot is not the same as, theoretically, calling someone a fascist for simply being in the DEA.

fettpett
02-02-2011, 07:04 PM

are you really this big of an idiot?

fettpett
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/10mq7vk.jpg

how many gun safety violations can you name by the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives officer can you name?

Odysseus
02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
are you really this big of an idiot?

If he wasn't, would I have had to explain it to him?

fettpett
02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
If he wasn't, would I have had to explain it to him?

no, and I was factious :p

Odysseus
02-02-2011, 07:52 PM
no, and I was factious :p

I know. But how do you think that I broke 5,000 posts? :D

fettpett
02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I know. But how do you think that I broke 5,000 posts? :D

talking out of your ass? :D :cool::p

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 01:40 AM
No. A video of a Marine shooting himself in the foot would be grounds for being called a dumbass. The membership in the armed forces isn't a blanket protection from criticism for individual acts of Darwinian gene pool cleansing, nor should it be. The rule is that you can't attack the person for simply being in the military. Calling a DEA agent a schmuck for shooting himself in the foot is not the same as, theoretically, calling someone a fascist for simply being in the DEA.

Marine isn't capitalized in the middle of a sentence when referring to an individual like soldier, or sailor.

lacarnut
02-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Marine isn't capitalized in the middle of a sentence when referring to a soldier or sailor.

A comma is not needed after soldier.... dumb ass.

Fixed to correct a wordy sentence.

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 01:57 AM
And a comma is not needed after soldier.... dumb ass.

I edited the post; there was an additional item prior to the edit. I do think it's funny that the two times I have pointed out errors, the comeback has been a comment on a typo. How juvenile.

lacarnut
02-03-2011, 02:08 AM
I edited the post; there was an additional item prior to the edit. I do think it's funny that the two times I have pointed out errors, the comeback has been a comment on a typo. How juvenile.

The grammar Nazi just got owned for his pathetic English composition and now he is whining. Learn how to write before correcting anyone.

Rockntractor
02-03-2011, 02:12 AM
The grammar Nazi just got owned for his pathetic English composition and now he is whining. Learn how to write before correcting anyone.

The little bitch should be taking care of the thunderdome thread, it took her a day and a half to get started.

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 02:12 AM

It isn't essential that you take correction well, as long as you understand your error.

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 02:14 AM
The little bitch should be taking care of the thunderdome thread, it took her a day and a half to get started.

Is that still going on?

Rockntractor
02-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Is that still going on?

Well barely I guess.

lacarnut
02-03-2011, 02:20 AM
It isn't essential that you take correction well, as long as you understand your error.

Sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Well barely I guess.

When I click on my bookmark for CU, a page comes up and I click "new posts". If a thread isn't on that page, then I don't see it unless I go to my yahoo email and see a notification.

CueSi
02-03-2011, 04:28 AM
More money going after Uncle Sam.Plus he's black so winning the case against the government is a sure thing !

What does his being black have to do with anything? Incompetence and trying to get shit out of the gov't isn't endemic to one race, you know.

~QC

Odysseus
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Marine isn't capitalized in the middle of a sentence when referring to an individual like soldier, or sailor.

You are wrong.

May 19, 1994, the Secretary of the Navy, John H. Dalton, decreed the word Sailor when used in Naval correspondence and referring to Sailors of the U.S. Navy Sailor will be capitalized. Army Chief of Staff, Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, in October 2003 and Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. John Jumper, in May 2004 decreed the same for the words Soldier and Airman respectively. Marine (when referring to a person in the Marine Corps) is a proper noun and will always be capitalized.

http://www.navycs.com/blogs/2008/07/12/sailor-soldier-marine-airman

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
You are wrong.

May 19, 1994, the Secretary of the Navy, John H. Dalton, decreed the word Sailor when used in Naval correspondence and referring to Sailors of the U.S. Navy Sailor will be capitalized. Army Chief of Staff, Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, in October 2003 and Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. John Jumper, in May 2004 decreed the same for the words Soldier and Airman respectively. Marine (when referring to a person in the Marine Corps) is a proper noun and will always be capitalized.

http://www.navycs.com/blogs/2008/07/12/sailor-soldier-marine-airman

The military has a variety of internal usages and pronunciations. It's called jargon. It's pretentious. It's wrong.

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
What does his being black have to do with anything? Incompetence and trying to get shit out of the gov't isn't endemic to one race, you know.

~QC

No idea who you are talking about, but in general being black helps when wearing pink or yellow, but not purple or plaid.

http://www.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/large_610x456_scaled/photos/409551.jpg

Odysseus
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
The military has a variety of internal usages and pronunciations. It's called jargon. It's pretentious. It's wrong.

The military has a variety of internal policies, standards and the like. It is what makes us what we are, and it is neither pretentious nor wrong. Perhaps if you find us so objectionable, you will refrain from trying to compel us to accept your peers.

asdf2231
02-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Foxtrot Alpha Golf.

fettpett
02-03-2011, 01:52 PM

uh...no, it's a proper noun. They are Marine's, Soldier's, Sailor's, Paratrooper's, etc It's like using a name, you're Novaheart, not novaheart