PDA

View Full Version : The British Are Coming..Sans-Culottes

megimoo
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Beef Kidney with Garlic & Onion by Luci Lock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMFnbalvpSg&feature=player_embedded\
How to Prepare Kidneys with Titli Nihaan.
\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc8W5pTXyF0&feature=watch_response
Steak and Kidney Pie (with Mushrooms) with Titli Nihaan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTajEKz-lg&feature=related
Great British Fish and Chips with Titli Nihaan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTusWtjcQqg&feature=channel
The Great British Cornish Pasty Oooo-arrr with Titli Nihaan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GeSQfPVtuE&feature=channel

Gingersnap
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not eating a kidney. :mad:

Arroyo_Doble
02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
My society has progressed to a degree where it is not necessary for me to prepare the parts of the domesticated food animal which were left over after the Lord got the best cuts.

So, barring a collapse of civilization, and the probability that I will not be the local warlord, I will stick with the not-organ part of the animal, thanks.

megimoo
02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm not eating a kidney. :mad:

What a wimp.....Kidneys are delicious if prepared correctly ,I suppose this means that you don't eat liver either ?

hampshirebrit
02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
What a wimp.....Kidneys are delicious if prepared correctly ,I suppose this means that you don't eat liver either ?

Yuck. Offal. Not keen at all. Liver or kidneys.

My mother used to dish up both these "delicacies" when I was a nipper. I don't have fond memories of either of them.

Of the two, liver is marginally less gross than kidneys, but only marginally.

fettpett
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
the idea of eating either just turns my stomach http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-medium.gif

megimoo
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Yuck. Offal. Not keen at all. Liver or kidneys.

My mother used to dish up both these "delicacies" when I was a nipper. I don't have fond memories of either of them.

Of the two, liver is marginally less gross than kidneys, but only marginally.
You're more like an American than Brit !B.T.B how did you like Titli Nihaan. ? I suppose that means the Haggis is out for Hogmanay ?

Gingersnap
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I'll eat liver preferentially. Liver is tasty. I'm not eating brains, lungs, a pancreas, kidneys, ovaries, testicles, or any of that junk. Like Oreo said, I'm at a point in the food chain where this is beneath me. ;)

Rockntractor
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I'll eat liver preferentially. Liver is tasty. I'm not eating brains, lungs, a pancreas, kidneys, ovaries, testicles, or any of that junk. Like Oreo said, I'm at a point in the food chain where this is beneath me. ;)

Do you like gizzards?

Gingersnap
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Do you like gizzards?

No. They are too tough. Plus, I know what gizzards actually do in a chicken.

Now, I will use all those parts in stock. There is no part of an animal except the outer hoof and beak that I will not use in stock. I just object to eating those parts in their whole format.

Rockntractor
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Now, I will use all those parts in stock. There is no part of an animal except the outer hoof and beak that I will not use in stock. I just object to eating those parts in their whole format.

I pressure cook gizzards, to me they are a delicacy, sometimes I pickle them.

megimoo
02-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Now, I will use all those parts in stock. There is no part of an animal except the outer hoof and beak that I will not use in stock. I just object to eating those parts in their whole format.Not as bad as a kidneys work.

Gingersnap
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Not as bad as a kidneys work.

That's why I won't eat them. Physiologically, livers are also disgusting but I got addicted before I took Anatomy. :(

megimoo
02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
That's why I won't eat them. Physiologically, livers are also disgusting but I got addicted before I took Anatomy. :(

I guess it's a question of when,where and how we grew up.You lived on a ranch and I assume that you grew up on one also ?I was a country/city kid and we lived through some hard times.We ate what ever was put in front of us.We would moan and groan but if you were hungry you ate or you starved .

The weekly menu was always the same,plenty of milk,home made mac and cheese, cheese, tuna, burgers for sandwiches,hot dogs and beans,fried liver,Kidneys and gravy on toast,fish on Friday,chicken on Sunday.
We four were always hungry and always had plenty to eat .I hated liver and Kidneys growing up but in my later years have reacquired a taste for grilled calves liver and kidneys.

Madisonian
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I am not one for internal organs as food, but there is something to be said for fried chicken livers wrapped in bacon.
Good stuff there!:D

Gingersnap
02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I guess it's a question of when,where and how we grew up.You lived on a ranch and I assume that you grew up on one also ?I was a country/city kid and we lived through some hard times.We ate what ever was put in front of us.We would moan and groan but if you were hungry you ate or you starved .

The weekly menu was always the same,plenty of milk,home made mac and cheese, cheese, tuna, burgers for sandwiches,hot dogs and beans,fried liver,Kidneys and gravy on toast,fish on Friday,chicken on Sunday.
We four were always hungry and always had plenty to eat .I hated liver and Kidneys growing up but in my later years have reacquired a taste for grilled calves liver and kidneys.

We did not raise cattle although we ate a lot of beef. Chickens, rabbits, game, and hogs made frequent appearances along with trout. I was like 23 before I understood that "normal" people didn't eat trout for breakfast several times a week.

In poverty times (and we had our share because the folks wouldn't take food stamps), we ate pancakes and Karo syrup. I never eat pancakes now. I'd rather go hungry for a day or two than eat pancakes - the association with grinding times is that intense. :(