PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

megimoo
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Anderson Cooper was attacked in Egypt Wednesday.

CNN producer Steve Brusk Tweeted, "Anderson said he was punched 10 times in the head as pro-Mubarak mob surrounded him and his crew trying to cover demonstration."

Cooper then escaped to the roof of a nearby building, where he said on air that he and his crew were trying to get to a neutral zone between protestors and pro-Mubarak supporters when they "were set upon by pro-Mubarak supporters punching us in the head. The crowd kept growing, kept throwing punches, kicks...suddenly a young man would look at you and punch you in the face."

Cooper told CNN's live blog that the attackers "pushed and shoved the CNN crew and punched them in the head... but no one was seriously hurt."Added Brusk on Twitter, "Live images now of crowds on opposite side of trucks throwing rocks. A CNN reporter called earlier scene snowball fight with rocks."

CNN's Ben Wedeman told the blog that "he overheard a panicked army officer say the situation was out of control and there was nothing the army could do to restore order."Cooper landed in the country Sunday night to cover the protests againt President Hosni Mubarak, who has been in power for 30 years.

\
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/anderson-cooper-attacked-mob-egypt-95628

PoliCon
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Why is he sure they were pro - mubarak? They could just as easily be aware of his sexuality and have been attacking him because hes' ghey. Remember - the pro-democracy people there in egypt agree with stoning gheys.

Rockntractor
02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
They could just as easily be aware of his sexuality and have been attacking him because hes' ghey. Remember - the pro-democracy people there in egypt agree with stoning gheys.

You cusin them a beyun right wangers!:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
anderson cooper is gay?

Wei Wu Wei
02-02-2011, 05:03 PM
also lol at him getting punched or roughed up

Rockntractor
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
also lol at him getting punched or roughed up

We will have a moment of silence for that...okay that's good.

PoliCon
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM
anderson cooper is gay?

what planet are you living on?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

fettpett
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
what planet are you living on?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

no doubt, he keeps it close to his vest and doesn't flaunt it as much as others in the media or CNN *couchMaddowcough* but he's bats for the wrong team

Novaheart
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
When I saw him on TV last night, I commented that it didn't seem very smart, in a Daniel Pearl sort of way, for two high profile homosexuals to be broadcasting from an Islamic revolution.

But since I won't get credit for saying that last night, here's another one:

When the Julie Schenecker case gets examined closely, their finances will be an avenue of legal and public interest.

Articulate_Ape
02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
anderson cooper is gay?

Yes, and his hair and his skin are the same color.

Novaheart
02-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, and his hair and his skin are the same color.

Vanderbilt green?

noonwitch
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
anderson cooper is gay?

He came out a few years back, I think it was on Oprah's show :) He had his mom with him (Gloria Vanderbilt).

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
He came out a few years back, I think it was on Oprah's show :) He had his mom with him (Gloria Vanderbilt).

I'm not aware of his officially coming out. ON a program where he was interviewing Jerry Falwell or some similar jackass, Anderson allegedly "slipped up" and said 'we' when referring to gay people.

Like some other folks, various politicians, athletes, and celebrities, this would probably fall into the category of worst kept secrets. Anderson Cooper coming out would surprise almost as many people as Ryan Seacrest.

Rockntractor
02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm not aware of his officially coming out. ON a program where he was interviewing Jerry Falwell or some similar jackass, Anderson allegedly "slipped up" and said 'we' when referring to gay people.

Like some other folks, various politicians, athletes, and celebrities, this would probably fall into the category of worst kept secrets. Anderson Cooper coming out would surprise almost as many people as Ryan Seacrest.

Why do you call everyone you disagree with you names, you jackass?:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
02-03-2011, 10:10 AM
The gayness part was the first thing I thought about when I heard this. He's American, he's an infidel, AND he's a well known rump ranger. What did he think would happen? :confused:

Calypso Jones
02-03-2011, 10:10 AM
did anybody post this video of the 'attack'. Very bad...they're running and from the vid it appears they were trying to hide the camera. HAHAHAHA. You can get an idea of how terrified they were at the end when you get a brief shot of the woman's face. Stupid idiots. You think arabs are gonna love you since you are an american kuffir. no, they'll rape and enslave you too. and maybe then kill you if you're lucky. These people are such dum basses.

http://viralfootage.com/?p=11268

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Now I know why he's gay. His mom made him wear those jeans.

Calypso Jones
02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
oh my gosh. I didn't know his mother was Vanderbilt. he's not gay, he a flaming fag.

noonwitch
02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Now I know why he's gay. His mom made him wear those jeans.

On the upside, Gloria made her kids get jobs after they graduated from college, and didn't let them rely on the family fortune for their futures. I respect that.

fettpett
02-03-2011, 11:40 AM
can't even tell what happened in that vid...all it is of feet....such bullshit...they should have stood and took the beating would have gotten them better and more air time

Zafod
02-03-2011, 11:55 AM
hahahahahahahaha that video was funny as hell.

What a fucking pussy.

Odysseus
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Well, that explains it.

Ryan Seacrest? NO! Next thing you'll tell me is that Liberace was gay.

The gayness part was the first thing I thought about when I heard this. He's American, he's an infidel, AND he's a well known rump ranger. What did he think would happen? :confused:

He thought that it would be just like Glee, with the tough kids accepting him because he's really cool.