PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Sanders: 'Get Rid of the Private Health Care Companies'

megimoo
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
"I hope to be able to get waivers from Congress and the White House to allow us to do so. At the end of the day, if you are going to provide health care to all of our people in a cost effective way, you have to get rid of the health insurance companies, not profiteering and bureaucracy," Sen. Bernie Sanders (Maoist I-VT)

http://nation.foxnews.com/health-care/2011/02/03/sen-sanders-get-rid-private-health-care-companies

Wei Wu Wei
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah he's right.

Wei Wu Wei
02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
watch the whole video it's pretty informative

Novaheart
02-03-2011, 01:05 PM
"I hope to be able to get waivers from Congress and the White House to allow us to do so. At the end of the day, if you are going to provide health care to all of our people in a cost effective way, you have to get rid of the health insurance companies, not profiteering and bureaucracy," Sen. Bernie Sanders (Maoist I-VT)

http://nation.foxnews.com/health-care/2011/02/03/sen-sanders-get-rid-private-health-care-companies

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Single Payer healthcare is an eventuality in the United States. You simply can't give health care the level of funding and support that we do, and then allow insurance companies to walk off with the profits. It's not a capitalist system, so the status quo amounts to that great transfer of wealth some beckheads keep chirping about.

And you're going to be sorely disappointed if you think that the GOP is going to stop Single Payer from coming about. In fact, it will be a GOP congress which passes it and a GOP president which signs it. Count on it.

All that is happening now is that the insurance companies are buying some time and getting massive infusions of cash before they get bought out of health insurance, and before they go into the "public plan administration" market.

Rockntractor
02-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh, we are having a commie circle jerk are we?:rolleyes:

Jfor
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Single Payer healthcare is an eventuality in the United States. You simply can't give health care the level of funding and support that we do, and then allow insurance companies to walk off with the profits. It's not a capitalist system, so the status quo amounts to that great transfer of wealth some beckheads keep chirping about.

No it is not. It will be ruled unconsitutional. We have done pretty well in the past in regards to healthcare. Yet, your lib buddies in congress and in state legislature's keep mandating more and more mandatory coverages. When health insurance was used to only cover severe injuries and illnesses, guess what? insurance companies still made, doctors still made money and insurance was cheap.

And you're going to be sorely disappointed if you think that the GOP is going to stop Single Payer from coming about. In fact, it will be a GOP congress which passes it and a GOP president which signs it. Count on it.

Not gonna happen. You are sorely delusional.

All that is happening now is that the insurance companies are buying some time and getting massive infusions of cash before they get bought out of health insurance, and before they go into the "public plan administration" market.

Again, you speak out of your penis pocket.

obx
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I would rather get rid of Bernie Sanders.

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
For the billionth time, what does the government do efficiently, aside from blowing through money, that would give you confidence that they'd do healthcare right? Please answer that question.

djones520
02-03-2011, 05:37 PM
For the billionth time, what does the government do efficiently, aside from blowing through money, that would give you confidence that they'd do healthcare right? Please answer that question.

DoD? Granted there is waste, but I'd say over all we're a pretty efficient organization.

fettpett
02-03-2011, 07:15 PM
DoD? Granted there is waste, but I'd say over all we're a pretty efficient organization.

only because they need to be...every other department probably has 50-100 times the bloat that the DOD has (and not talking $$ wise)

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Then that would be a no.

djones520
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Then that would be a no.

Some waste does not equate lack of efficiency. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Some waste does not equate lack of efficiency. :rolleyes:

In a way it does. And it's not just some waste. It's a lot of waste. Don't get me wrong, I love our military and support them but don't try to convince me that the efficiency makes up for the waste. There's a lot of waste in my line of work as well. Of course, we tend not to be too efficient.