PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Think That These Protests Are A Little Too Coordinated?

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I mean, Egypt, Yemen, UAE, Jordan, Tunisia...all of these countries having the same protests? This seems a little too planned.

djones520
02-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Not really. It's all copy cat stuff being spread across the internet. Started out in Tunisia, spread to Egypt, then Yemen, etc...

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I dunno. I don't but the coincidence stuff.

Rockntractor
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I dunno. I don't but the coincidence stuff.

Have you watched Beck at all?

fettpett
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't buy it either...since the Muslim Brotherhood is in cohoots with al Qeadia and other terrorist organizations, would one be surprised if they were entirely behind everything.

NJCardFan
02-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Have you watched Beck at all?

I had him on today and he was saying the same stuff.

Rockntractor
02-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I had him on today and he was saying the same stuff.
I just got done watching it, sobering stuff.

Lager
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I know that facebook and twitter are growing in popularity, but it surprised me as well that such a massive outpouring of people could be inspired strictly by posts on the internet, especially across multiple countries. With food prices that high, as well as all those out of work, is internet access that accessible and cheap? I thought it was only our American standard of living that allowed us to waste so much time on line. It does seem too coincidental and coordinated to be just a spontaneous combustion, but then again, our world is changing rapidly so perhaps an event like this is entirely possible.

djones520
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I know that facebook and twitter are growing in popularity, but it surprised me as well that such a massive outpouring of people could be inspired strictly by posts on the internet, especially across multiple countries. With food prices that high, as well as all those out of work, is internet access that accessible and cheap? I thought it was only our American standard of living that allowed us to waste so much time on line. It does seem too coincidental and coordinated to be just a spontaneous combustion, but then again, our world is changing rapidly so perhaps an event like this is entirely possible.

It's not like suddenly tens of thousands of people just suddenly showed up on the streets of Egypt. It started out small following what happened in Tunisia, and has grown into what it is now.

Had the international media not blown this whole thing out of proportion, things most likely never would have gotten where they are now. From day one, they made it out to be this huge vent when it really wasn't. The people in Egypt bought into that, and truly turned it into that huge event. When that happened, more word got out to the rest of the countries and caused things to spawn off there.

Articulate_Ape
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Not really. It's all copy cat stuff being spread across the internet. Started out in Tunisia, spread to Egypt, then Yemen, etc...

I agree, djones. These developments could be the beginning of the Arab world saying enough is enough with regard to authoritarian rule or it could be the doorway to a new Caliphate. Given the involvement of the Muslim Brotherhood, and Islamic political efforts elsewhere in the world, I fear that the latter is more likely than the former, but there is no way to be sure. Therein lies the rub.

fettpett
02-03-2011, 07:51 PM
It's not like suddenly tens of thousands of people just suddenly showed up on the streets of Egypt. It started out small following what happened in Tunisia, and has grown into what it is now.

Had the international media not blown this whole thing out of proportion, things most likely never would have gotten where they are now. From day one, they made it out to be this huge vent when it really wasn't. The people in Egypt bought into that, and truly turned it into that huge event. When that happened, more word got out to the rest of the countries and caused things to spawn off there.

how much worse would have been if the American Media jumped on this right away? I give the foreign media credit for actually reporting on it...though I can't see the likes of the BBC blowing this out of proportion, not like Al Jazeria and their ilk

djones520
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
how much worse would have been if the American Media jumped on this right away? I give the foreign media credit for actually reporting on it...though I can't see the likes of the BBC blowing this out of proportion, not like Al Jazeria and their ilk

The problem is the American Media did. I saw reports the 2nd day of the "CHAOS IN EGYPT!" when it was anything but.

And as far as I'm aware, Al Jazeera was pretty impartial on this event. They didn't really have a horse in this. Not like with Iraq and the "evil American invaders".

fettpett
02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
The problem is the American Media did. I saw reports the 2nd day of the "CHAOS IN EGYPT!" when it was anything but.

And as far as I'm aware, Al Jazeera was pretty impartial on this event. They didn't really have a horse in this. Not like with Iraq and the "evil American invaders".

maybe Egypt, but not Tunisia, but then again I don't watch a lot of their drivel

Jfor
02-03-2011, 10:14 PM
The muslim brotherhood along with al qaeda, hamas, etc have had their hands in this from very early on.

Wei Wu Wei
02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Glenn Beck and Hannity have been my comedy relief during this whole thing. I love it.

Wei Wu Wei
02-04-2011, 12:49 PM

this is has been the perfect event to highlight the differences between American Media and Al Jazeera

SaintLouieWoman
02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
I agree, djones. These developments could be the beginning of the Arab world saying enough is enough with regard to authoritarian rule or it could be the doorway to a new Caliphate. Given the involvement of the Muslim Brotherhood, and Islamic political efforts elsewhere in the world, I fear that the latter is more likely than the former, but there is no way to be sure. Therein lies the rub.

I think that it's too much of a coincidence and seems coordinated. As far as authoritative rule, what happens in the Mideast when they have their uprisings? Do they really think that the Muslim Brotherhood will be all warm and fuzzy and give them their democratic rights?

I feel for the Egyptians that fall for that line. The smart ones will stay at home and not be subject to the reprisals. They're caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place. It's simply a choice of dictators. They're not accustomed to democracy and sadly don't know how to handle it.

FlaGator
02-04-2011, 06:12 PM

The history of events like this in the Arab world is for the the U.N. to assist in creating democracies in the aftermath and the first thing the people do with the new democratic governments is to vote for in worse dictatorships that the ones they just got rid of. Iran is a prime example of this. I was expecting Iraq to be the next example of this, but it looks like Egypt is going to beat them to the punch.

Articulate_Ape
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I think that it's too much of a coincidence and seems coordinated. As far as authoritative rule, what happens in the Mideast when they have their uprisings? Do they really think that the Muslim Brotherhood will be all warm and fuzzy and give them their democratic rights?

I feel for the Egyptians that fall for that line. The smart ones will stay at home and not be subject to the reprisals. They're caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place. It's simply a choice of dictators. They're not accustomed to democracy and sadly don't know how to handle it.

Neither did we at first. I'm just sayin'.

Rockntractor
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Glenn Beck and Hannity have been my comedy relief during this whole thing. I love it.

I am glad this is such a great source of entertainment for you Maowei, wait until the bodies start stacking up, that will be hilarious.

Articulate_Ape
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
The history of events like this in the Arab world is for the the U.N. to assist in creating democracies in the aftermath and the first thing the people do with the new democratic governments is to vote for in worse dictatorships that the ones they just got rid of. Iran is a prime example of this. I was expecting Iraq to be the next example of this, but it looks like Egypt is going to beat them to the punch.

Hi FlaGator! Good to see you. I hear what you are saying, but the world is slightly different with all the social networking stuff going on. While I tend to agree with what you are saying, I also think the ME may be reaching a tipping point that will determine their future and ours for the remainder of this century at least. There is the slight possibility that this could also be a catalyst to shatter the fundamentalism that has been the heart of Islam in that part of the world and beyond. Only time will tell, but I am not that optimistic.

BadCat
02-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Of course it's orchestrated.

Novaheart
02-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I mean, Egypt, Yemen, UAE, Jordan, Tunisia...all of these countries having the same protests? This seems a little too planned.

No no no you racist motherflcuker youze. It's not coordinated. And neither is all the muslim crime and militancy in England, Holland, France, Sweden, Denmark, Greece, and Italy.

BadCat
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
No no no you racist motherflcuker youze. It's not coordinated. And neither is all the muslim crime and militancy in England, Holland, France, Sweden, Denmark, Greece, and Italy.

Off your meds tonight, moonbat?

Novaheart
02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Off your meds tonight, moonbat?

Channelling.

Calypso Jones
02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
LISTEN TO THIS BS. This guy out of london JOHN ROBERTS Says....I paraphrase...'....authoritarian regimes try to block coverage..." IT"S NOTthe AUTHORITARIAN regime you fruit. It's the radical freaking muslims!!

about the 1:53 mark thereabouts

http://viralfootage.com/?p=11333

we are being played. This Egypt situation is just another example in a long line where our leaders back the wrong side, the side that willl ultimately be a problem for us.

Odysseus
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
The scary thing is that the Muslim Brotherhood is a transnational group, with elements in Jordan, Syria (what's left of them after having been butchered by Assad), Gaza, Saudi Arabia and pretty much every other Islamic state. They are in the perfect position to unify the different Islamic nations if they do oust their secular regimes. Even if they only come to power in one state, that will be enough to destabilize the region. The people who study and understand the region are having kittens right now because this has the potential to plunge the entire world into a major conflict.

When you're done being a wiseass, why don't you tell us exactly what they said that you find amusing? If you're actually watching them, you can provide quotes, right?

this is has been the perfect event to highlight the differences between American Media and Al Jazeera

You mean, the way that Al Jazeera wouldn't even cover the protests for the first few days?

As I said, the people who know about the region are terrified by the implications. Those who don't have a clue, like Wei, here, are happy with "gestures" and the like.

djones520
02-04-2011, 09:33 PM
A very liberal friend of mine is "excited" by the prospects of this. I brought up the fact that it's very likely we could have another Iran in the making, and she kinda just stuck her head in the sand about the prospect. Personally, I hope she's right and something good comes from this. But that part of the world doesn't have a strong track record for self reform.

Odysseus
02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
A very liberal friend of mine is "excited" by the prospects of this. I brought up the fact that it's very likely we could have another Iran in the making, and she kinda just stuck her head in the sand about the prospect. Personally, I hope she's right and something good comes from this. But that part of the world doesn't have a strong track record for self reform.

Yeah, like none.

And, I'm still waiting for Wei to explain what Beck and Hannity said that he found so funny.

BadCat
02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, like none.

And, I'm still waiting for Wei to explain what Beck and Hannity said that he found so funny.

I'm still waiting for the moonbats to explain how a whole bunch of camel fuckers in several different countries all decided at the same time to have "democracy".

Yeah, the internet...sure.

Calypso Jones
02-05-2011, 10:34 AM
at the beginning of these 'protests' a google exec picks up and heads over there. he disappeared for a bit of time and now there seems to be some news in this area. He's been named one of the reps of the opposition party. You can determine yourself if you believe the spin.

PERSONALLY. I'm curious as to why there's a muslim radical Google exec. hmmmm?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/02/04/businessinsider-missing-google-exec-egypt-2011-2.DTL#ixzz1D1RZkCOh

BadCat
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
at the beginning of these 'protests' a google exec picks up and heads over there. he disappeared for a bit of time and now there seems to be some news in this area. He's been named one of the reps of the opposition party. You can determine yourself if you believe the spin.

PERSONALLY. I'm curious as to why there's a muslim radical Google exec. hmmmm?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/02/04/businessinsider-missing-google-exec-egypt-2011-2.DTL#ixzz1D1RZkCOh

There are no internet, email or cell phone communications that are not monitored by many governments. If this was, as they say, an "internet phenomena", we would have known about it well in advance.

Of course, maybe we did and the buffoon in chief just didn't know what to do.

Calypso Jones
02-05-2011, 11:17 AM
then again you might be giving Google too much credit. How about they knew and they kept their mouths shut. I think the more likely especially if muslims had infiltrated the organization...Muslims and leftists...redundant. They're united in their hatred of jews and capitalism.