PDA

View Full Version : " Police Chiefs Fly Gay Pride flag.OK.. Union Jack (British Flag) Not Allowed !"

megimoo
02-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Police chiefs have come under fire today for flying the rainbow flag for lesbians, gays and bisexuals outside its police stations - when they are forbidden to display the Union Jack.

The multi-coloured 'Freedom' flag adopted by the gay pride movement in the 1970's is now flying at Suffolk Police's Ipswich HQ and its stations at Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft.

The flags - which include the force's badge - are to mark lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353195/Suffolk-police-chiefs-fly-gay-pride-flag-Union-Jack-forbidden.html

NJCardFan
02-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Ah the good ol' UK of PC.

Rockntractor
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Hang on, they're on their way!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/cu-gay-police-gay-demotivational-posters-1295797686.jpg

Odysseus
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Why are they forbidden to display the Union Jack?

Rockntractor
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Nationalism, and don't call me Jack, Shirley.:mad:

Odysseus
02-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Nationalism, and don't call me Jack, Shirley.:mad:

Displaying your own nation's flag, in your own nation, is forbidden by the PC police. That's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

And don't call me Shirley.

Rockntractor
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Displaying your own nation's flag, in your own nation, is forbidden by the PC police. That's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

And don't call me Shirley.

Okay Jack!:D

megimoo
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM

A little further down in the same post we find:

"'It's outrageous that the Union Jack can't be flown on days such as the Queen's Birthday and that the cross of St George is considered unworthy of being flown when appropriate.'

No thanks: Police stations are not allowed, under force policy, to fly the Union Jack or the Cross of St George

But Suffolk's Chief Constable Simon Ash, who personally ran up the rainbow flag at the force's HQ at Martlesham said: 'The flag signifies pride and inclusivity.

'We must continue to recognise and embrace differences while ensuring we provide a policing service to the people of the county who respect their differences.

'The flags send out the message that we will not accept crime motivated by hate and prejudice and will continue to champion equal opportunities.

'We have a commitment to tackle hate crimes and we want the message to be clear to victims and offenders that offences involving disability, race, religion and belief, sexual orientation or transgender will not be tolerated.

'We are a force that values and embraces diversity among our own workforce and among the people we serve. I want this to be an organisation where everyone feels comfortable at work and is treated fairly.'

But the flags have prompted politically-incorrect comments from some rank and file officers.
One said: 'I thought it marked Caribbean Week so I was thinking of coming to work in a grass skirt.'

"Pure and utter PC piffle !"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353195/Suffolk-police-chiefs-fly-gay-pride-flag-Union-Jack-forbidden.html

Odysseus
02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Okay Jack!:D
Right back atcha'. :D
http://www.coffeestrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/mp105_jack_in_the_box.jpg

"'It's outrageous that the Union Jack can't be flown on days such as the Queen's Birthday and that the cross of St George is considered unworthy of being flown when appropriate.'

No thanks: Police stations are not allowed, under force policy, to fly the Union Jack or the Cross of St George

But Suffolk's Chief Constable Simon Ash, who personally ran up the rainbow flag at the force's HQ at Martlesham said: 'The flag signifies pride and inclusivity.

No kidding. The Union Jack contains the crosses of St. George, St. Andrew and St Patrick. It's about the union of three nations. How is that not inclusive?

hampshirebrit
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
This is the kind of story that makes me, as a Brit, want to FUCKING PUKE.

Thatisall.

Madisonian
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Thatisall.
And here I thought it was what is somewhat facetiously referred to as "British Cuisine" that makes you puke.:D

Apache
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Thatisall.

My invasion is set for June 6th...:D

Where have I heard that date before....:confused:

Apache
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
And here I thought it was what is somewhat facetiously referred to as "British Cuisine" that makes you puke.:D

Ask about the faggots...LOL :D

Apache
02-04-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.coffeestrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/mp105_jack_in_the_box.jpg

I hate you...:mad:

The heathens in this state don't have those....

Now I want an Ultimate Cheeseburger...:(

Swine :mad:

Novaheart
02-04-2011, 05:24 PM

'We must continue to recognise and embrace differences while ensuring we provide a policing service to the people of the county who respect their differences.

'The flags send out the message that we will not accept crime motivated by hate and prejudice and will continue to champion equal opportunities.

'We have a commitment to tackle hate crimes and we want the message to be clear to victims and offenders that offences involving disability, race, religion and belief, sexual orientation or transgender will not be tolerated.

'We are a force that values and embraces diversity among our own workforce and among the people we serve. I want this to be an organisation where everyone feels comfortable at work and is treated fairly.'

But the flags have prompted politically-incorrect comments from some rank and file officers.
One said: 'I thought it marked Caribbean Week so I was thinking of coming to work in a grass skirt.'

The Queen's birthday issue can be found in another article. Her birthday fell on a Saturday, and Bournemouth apparently thought that flag protocol required the flag to be raised and lowered on that day, and that it would have required bringing in staff when the office was closed for that purpose. I have no idea why a police station would be closed on a Saturday, but I digress.

In any event, they claim that they have it all straightened out. None of which explains the situation in this article, which appears to be a matter of local policy rather than patriotic protocol.

Novaheart
02-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Thatisall.

I don't understand what the gay flag has to do with the idiotic policy on the national flags. There was some problem with the Union Jack at the Chinese olympics as well, but I can't recall the particulars.