PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Hutchinson = NO SALE!

mike128
08-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I know that there's all this talk about John McCain selecting a woman VP running mate to capture disgruntled Hillary voters. But selecting a pro-abortion social liberal like Kay Bailey Hutchinson would alienate the conservative base. There's NO WAY that I would vote for McCain with a liberal like Kay Bailey Hutchinson on the ticket.

If McCain wants to select a woman, I would suggest Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. She's a true social conservative who could unite the base and steal away disgruntled Hillary voters at the same time.

But Kay Bailey Hutchinson? No deal, no sale, and NO WAY!

LibraryLady
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Do me a favor - don't vote.

megimoo
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I know that there's all this talk about John McCain selecting a woman VP running mate to capture disgruntled Hillary voters. But selecting a pro-abortion social liberal like Kay Bailey Hutchinson would alienate the conservative base. There's NO WAY that I would vote for McCain with a liberal like Kay Bailey Hutchinson on the ticket.

If McCain wants to select a woman, I would suggest Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. She's a true social conservative who could unite the base and steal away disgruntled Hillary voters at the same time.

But Kay Bailey Hutchinson? No deal, no sale, and NO WAY!Vote for your first choice the magic negro !

GrumpyOldLady
08-27-2008, 07:13 PM
I also like the Gov. of Alaska, but she doesn't carry herself like a commander-in-chief in waiting. Sorry.
It's going to be Romney. Betchya.

linda22003
08-27-2008, 07:23 PM

You said her name three times and didn't get it right ONCE. Smooth going, Mr. Political Pundit. :rolleyes:

asdf2231
08-27-2008, 07:29 PM

You mean THIS Governor Palin:

Alaska's Palin Faces Probe
Star GOP Governor
To Be Investigated
For Abuse of Office
By JIM CARLTON
July 31, 2008; Page A4

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- When Sarah Palin was elected governor as a Republican outsider in 2006, she didn't just take on an incumbent from her own party. She took on Alaska's Republican establishment.

Ms. Palin vowed to clean up a long-cozy political system that had been sullied by an FBI corruption investigation. She endeared herself to Alaskans by making good on her reform promises and showing homey touches, like driving herself to work.

Associated Press
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin with husband Todd Palin at her 2006 inauguration.
Now, one of the bright new stars in the Republican Party has suddenly become tarnished. The state legislature this week voted to hire an independent investigator to see whether Ms. Palin abused her office by trying to get her former brother-in-law fired from his job as an Alaska state trooper.

"This is a governor who was almost impervious to error," says Hollis French, a Democratic state senator. "Now she could face impeachment, in a worst-case scenario."

What the hell are you smoking Light Brite?

Pogo Stick it my man.

MrsSmith
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let's ask mikey, he hates everyone!!!!!1!11!1!1!11

asdf2231
08-27-2008, 10:38 PM

Okay... Seriously WTF is your deal?

The Senator's Record:
* Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 7% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

So seriously Dinkweed, what are you playing at?

biccat
08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
So seriously Dinkweed, what are you playing at?
I smell the stink of failure on Mike.

Although it could be residual RonPaul fever.

Celestron
08-28-2008, 12:27 AM

American Conservative Union Lifetime Ratings

McCain: 82.16
Hutchison: 90.27

Link (http://www.acuratings.org/2007all.htm)

Celestron
08-28-2008, 12:40 AM
I'll admit, after looking at the ACU Website, she's more conservative then I thought she was.

mike128
08-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Kay Baily Hutchison openly supports legal abortion. Just because she favors some restrictions on abortion doesn't make her pro-life. She is an entirely unacceptale choice for McCain's VP.

asdf2231
08-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Kay Baily Hutchison openly supports legal abortion. Just because she favors some restrictions on abortion doesn't make her pro-life. She is an entirely unacceptale choice for McCain's VP.

You have officially bottomed out here sparky.

I mean this is a wacky new low even from a single celled idiotic paste licking concern troll such as yourself.

I do not know what the hell you THINK in the tiny echoey little recesses of what passes for a control mechanism for your funky body you are accomplishing with this crap.

Wouls you please go back to your day job of sitting in a station wagon across from the Catholic School with a news paper on your lap and quit bombarding us with these patently FALSE, assinine, CHOAD gargling, idiotic, festering, mind numbingly STUPID attempts to disuade people from voting for the Republican Presidential nominee?

YOU FUCKING HATE THE GUY AND DON"T WANT HIM TO WIN. Everybody with a brain that has three cells to spare for anything after unconscious functions fekking well GETS IT.

You can stop now! Mission accomplished. Drive the RetardMobile back to the Retard Cave and hang up your Masked Retard Cape and Cowl. You made Gotham safe for EVERYONE! huzzah fer you.

I swear to God I have encountered more intelligent things than you eating their own feces under Off-Ramps.

asdf2231
08-28-2008, 01:37 AM

OMG!

I'm SO sorry for not praising you for finally posting her NAME RIGHT!
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ericdew/you-win-prize.jpg

Congrats!

Celestron
08-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Article in the International Herald Tribune says the following

LAS CRUCES, New Mexico: Senator John McCain is facing increasing scrutiny about his selection of a running mate as some social conservatives expressed alarm that McCain might ask a candidate who favors abortion rights to join him on the ticket.

But other conservatives said that McCain, who has long been in step with the Republican Party platform in opposing abortion, was unlikely to be the first Republican presidential nominee in decades to select such a candidate. They said that McCain's recent public flirtation with Tom Ridge, a former Pennsylvania governor who supports abortion rights, was as much to give the appearance that McCain had an open mind on the issue as it was an embrace of Ridge.

"I think there's such sufficient understanding at the most senior levels of this campaign of the importance of the pro-family constituency that I'm very comfortable with how the selection process is proceeding," one Republican strategist close to the campaign said. "I think social conservatives will be fine."

Continue (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/20/america/repubs.php)

With that, I have a "gut-feeling" it won't be Hutchison if she's pro-choice.

Goldwater
08-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I kinda like the Hutch.

Sadie5
08-28-2008, 10:00 AM
My money is on Romney. But why not Hutchinson? A woman on the ticket would give McCain appeal with women voters.

asdf2231
08-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I kinda like the Hutch.

Which is actually a pretty ringing endorsement seeing as how high your standards on conservatism are.

Cold Warrior
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I think either Hutchison or Fiorina would be very good picks.

Goldwater
08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Which is actually a pretty ringing endorsement seeing as how high your standards on conservatism are.

:confused:

asdf2231
08-28-2008, 12:38 PM
:confused:

I meant that as a compliment to you and her. :)

Goldwater
08-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I meant that as a compliment to you and her. :)

Ah ok, thanks. :D

I like her, but does anyone think McCain would even listen to whoever his VP is?

Rebel Yell
08-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Ah ok, thanks. :D

I like her, but does anyone think McCain would even listen to whoever his VP is?

Aside from Bush, who was the last President that did? Obviously not Clinton.

Eyelids
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Aside from Bush, who was the last President that did? Obviously not Clinton.

Clinton did.

Rebel Yell
08-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Clinton did.

Was that in one of you bedtime stories mama read you during those days?

mike128
08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I think either Hutchison or Fiorina would be very good picks.
Carly Fiorina?? You mean that HP CEO who was asked by HP's Board of Directors to step down because HP's stock value got cut in half and HP had incurred heavy job losses during her tenure?? Are you kidding me??

Yeah, that's what familes struggling to pay for food and gas can relate to... a disgraced corporate executive. :rolleyes:

LibraryLady
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
The best thing about McCain making a choice is mike will shut up.

Cold Warrior
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Carly Fiorina?? You mean that HP CEO who was asked by HP's Board of Directors to step down because HP's stock value got cut in half and HP had incurred heavy job losses during her tenure?? Are you kidding me??

Yeah, that's what familes struggling to pay for food and gas can relate to... a disgraced corporate executive. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that one. There's much more story to her stepping down at HP than you've chosen to share. She's also currently McCain's chief economic advisor.

And, btw, what's wrong with a CEO who's failed. Trump failed, Milken failed. The current Idiot Child never succeeded at a business venture in his life and if his last name were Smith, he'd be selling you a used Chrysler.

ReaganForRus
08-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Clinton did.

LMAO............Clinton listened to Al Gore?..........good one...........Exactly what did Gore propose to Clinton that Clinton listened to and acted on?

Kyoto?............nope

Tell another good joke

Cold Warrior
08-28-2008, 09:37 PM
LMAO............Clinton listened to Al Gore?..........good one...........Exactly what did Gore propose to Clinton that Clinton listened to and acted on?

Kyoto?............nope

Tell another good joke

That's certainly true, as Bill Clinton was far too smart to incorporate any of the moonbat AlBore policies, Clinton kept Bore around because (1) he was a pretty boy and (2) he attracted a segment of the moonbat Left that he could simultaneously incorporate into his vote and distance himself from. Another reason why I admire WJC! :D