PDA

View Full Version : The Guy Who Posted The Today Show ‘What Is The Internet’ Fired By NBC

megimoo
02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Today, TechDirt reported on the situation, saying “the guy doesn’t want to talk about it beyond that, and NBC doesn’t appear too keen on commenting on the whole situation.” I certainly hope that, if this guy really got fired, then this wasn’t the reason.

"Look At Perky Katie Couric's Old Fashoined hairdo !"

Sure, the man was probably breaking his employee contract by leaking NBC-owned property (having worked a couple of very low level jobs in television, I know how strict and specific those contracts are and I understand why) but this video deserved to be out there. I don’t want to suddenly start sounding like Julian Assange all of a sudden, but people deserved to see it. Yes, the first reaction upon viewing the video was to laugh at how dumb the hosts sound to our 2011 ears, but most people will recognize, after thinking about it, that this video is one of the best proof of just how far our society has come in recent years. When you watch that video, you can’t help but realize that there are millions and millions of things that we take for granted that used to be absolutely impossible and you can’t help but feel proud for the human race. And, as we all know, that’s not something we get to do that often.
\
http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-guy-who-posted-the-hilarious-today-show-what-is-the-internet-reportedly-fired-by-nbc/

Calypso Jones
02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
how can one doubt that that is EXACTLY what he was fired for. I'm sure it's not listed as THE reason but you know it is. You don't look at what they say. You look at what they DO.