PDA

View Full Version : "For Amazing Sheer Audacity:China Maneuvers for U.S. Defense Contracts."

megimoo
02-05-2011, 11:59 PM
BEIJING—The maker of China's new stealth fighter jet has teamed up with a tiny, unprofitable California company to try to launch bids for U.S. defense contracts, possibly including one to supply Chinese helicopters to replace the aging Marine One fleet used by the president, according to people involved in the partnership.

Any Chinese bids for this or another contract under discussion would be certain to meet intense political resistance and would appear to have very little chance of success given mounting U.S. concern about China's military power and long-term strategic goals, and the often-prohibitive opposition in the past to Chinese attempts to enter other strategic U.S. sectors, such as energy and telecommunications.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/04/china-launches-bids-defense-contracts/#ixzz1D9S3PC7V

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/04/china-launches-bids-defense-contracts/

Rockntractor
02-06-2011, 12:05 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/repressed_anger.jpg

fettpett
02-06-2011, 09:19 AM
http://theskippyreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/facepalm1.jpg

Apache
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Great! Will Wal-Mar be the distributer?

I really don't think this will go through. They tried it before, with a European contractor wanting to build Marine One... it was a big NO GO...

Zathras
02-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Great! Will Wal-Mar be the distributer?

I really don't think this will go through. They tried it before, with a European contractor wanting to build Marine One... it was a big NO GO...

Yeah but, considering who's in the White House these days, who knows what will happen. Obumbles is so inept as President it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it did happen.

Apache
02-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah but, considering who's in the White House these days, who knows what will happen. Obumbles is so inept as President it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it did happen.

I can still hope...

Odysseus
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Okay, let me see if I understand this... China, which sees us as its main adversary, wants to build weapons systems for us? Systems that would require that they become intimately familiar with our defense capabilities, doctrine and technical specifications for any other systems that would interface with the weapons that they would build? Will they deliver it in a giant wooden horse, too?

Wei Wu Wei
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Okay, let me see if I understand this... China, which sees us as its main adversary, wants to build weapons systems for us? Systems that would require that they become intimately familiar with our defense capabilities, doctrine and technical specifications for any other systems that would interface with the weapons that they would build? Will they deliver it in a giant wooden horse, too?

How or why does China see us as its main adversary when it's industrial manufacturing base which is fueling their economic growth is sustained by our incessant consumption?

Odysseus
02-07-2011, 11:11 AM
How or why does China see us as its main adversary when it's industrial manufacturing base which is fueling their economic growth is sustained by our incessant consumption?

The why is obvious. China views us as an impediment to its ambitions. China seeks to supplant the US as the global superpower. Our trade with China facilitates this by providing the engine for their economic growth and the technology for their military modernization. In other words, as Lenin said, when it came time to hang capitalists, it would be capitalists who would sell them the rope with which to do it. How do we know that this is China's intent? Even if they did not say it in their published military doctrine, their actions would make it obvious. From "The Nuclear Order – Build or Break", a symposium held by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington, D.C., the following is from "China–U.S. Strategic Stability" presented by Robert L. Pfaltzgraff, Jr.:

What we do know, however, is that, as the latest 2009 Department of Defense Military Power of the People’s Republic of China points out, China is making steady progress in developing offensive nuclear, space, and cyber-warfare capabilities. China is both qualitatively and quantitatively improving its strategic missile forces. This includes land-based forces that are mobile as well as an SSBN fleet that performs strategic patrols. China is also engaged in a variety of space activities, including ASAT programs, as evidenced by the January 11, 2007 direct ascent satellite intercept as well as a manned space and lunar program and the launch of small satellites. The 2009 Report also points to extensive Chinese writing on information warfare, including its methods and uses, as well as electronic countermeasures. China appears also to be orchestrating a vast cyber warfare operation aimed at many U.S. targets in and outside government as we have witnessed in recent years. At the same time China is engaged in overseas industrial and defense espionage in order to acquire advanced technology for economic and military modernization.

China’s military programs are consistent with its emphasis on power projection in and beyond the Asia-Pacific area. In other words China’s military programs are what you would expect to see in light of such strategic priorities.

The pace and extent of China’s military modernization are shaped by a desire to counter the U.S. presence in the Asia-Pacific area and military capabilities including U.S. reliance on carrier battle groups for power projection and U.S. dependence on space as well as information and the Internet. China is pursuing offensive capabilities in such critical areas as anti-space, anti-ship, and offensive cyber technologies. China is transforming its military from a manpower-based land army to a technology-based and professionally proficient world power. In the area of strategic nuclear modernization, China’s nuclear arsenal apparently reflects the importance assigned by Beijing to strategic forces as the umbrella under which its political-military interests will be advanced in and beyond the Asia-Pacific area.

Wei Wu Wei
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
They are dependent on us economically, I don't think they are going to try to be adversarial just because they can. America has missles aimed at many countries that we don't have any intention to start wars with, it's just precaution, it's just defense, it's just flexing those tech muscles.

fettpett
02-07-2011, 11:19 AM
They are dependent on us economically, I don't think they are going to try to be adversarial just because they can. America has missles aimed at many countries that we don't have any intention to start wars with, it's just precaution, it's just defense, it's just flexing those tech muscles.

If the EU can't get a contract to make Fuel tankers for the Air Force, than the damn Chinese aren't going to get one for Marine One

Odysseus
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM

And the ongoing cyber war that they have waged against us? The fact that Chinese military doctrine explicitly states that we are their primary adversary? The sales of nuclear technology to a nation whose declared foreign policy objective is the eradication of the US (Iran)? How do you explain those things?

And China isn't being adversarial because they can be adversarial, that would be as stupid as pretending that they aren't an adversary. They are doing it because they see a divergence of interests that will eventually put us on a path to conflict. For example, they want reunification with Taiwan, whether Taiwan likes it or not. They want to dominate South Korea. They want control of the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific. These are all goals that we would oppose, so they see us as an adversary. There's nothing personal about it, except for your inability to see it.

Rockntractor
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
And the ongoing cyber war that they have waged against us? The fact that Chinese military doctrine explicitly states that we are their primary adversary? The sales of nuclear technology to a nation whose declared foreign policy objective is the eradication of the US (Iran)? How do you explain those things?

And China isn't being adversarial because they can be adversarial, that would be as stupid as pretending that they aren't an adversary. They are doing it because they see a divergence of interests that will eventually put us on a path to conflict. For example, they want reunification with Taiwan, whether Taiwan likes it or not. They want to dominate South Korea. They want control of the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific. These are all goals that we would oppose, so they see us as an adversary. There's nothing personal about it, except for your inability to see it.

I don't call him MaoWei for nothing!

megimoo
02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't call him MaoWei for nothing!
That has a certain 'Red Ring' to it ......The 'Red Rabbit' would also work !

Odysseus
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
That has a certain 'Red Ring' to it ......The 'Red Rabbit' would also work !

Or, just Little Red. :D

megimoo
02-07-2011, 07:38 PM

I've been thinking about the quandary the Chinese find themselves in .They Demand to be taken seriously as the Worlds newest Super Power and yet they have a massive inferiority complex concerning the West,America in particular.

Their ploy in lending America huge sums of moneys by buying up American Treasury bills was to indebt America and force it to cut its military spending while at the same time being enabled to have their agents implanted in our Nuclear Weapons laboratory's by paying off the Clinton re election committee and enabling them steal our military Nuclear technology .

They've built up their Navy with small warships and are in the process of trying to modernize an old Russian Jump Jet Carrier design that the Russians gave up on years ago.

They threaten America's carrier fleet with a new wonder weapon that is in reality just another old Russian anti ship weapons failed design .If they launch one of those against one of our fleet battle groups our Aegis systems will receive advance notice of a pending launch and our ASAT system will spot the launch site preps and destroy the missile fields ....China has already stated that if they see that they are being overwhelmed in any conventional battles they would resort to an early Escalation to nuclear weapons.
Their newest Fifth Generation air superiority aircraft preported to be another F-22 killer is in fact just a stolen F-22 design ....It is much larger than an F-22 and looks a lot like the Russian Su-33UB with a bubble canopy like the F-22 !The Chinese aircraft designers are,no doubt,of the Russian Sukhoi Design Bureau (JSC) of design where they probably learned their trade .

At any rate the Chinese claim to Ascendancy as a new super Power falls short on several fronts.It will be many years before they can effectively challenge America as a military power so they must do so by weakening us internally with the eager help of the Maoist Progressive/Liberals .

Odysseus
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
It's not like they forced us to overspend. We did that on our own. They simply facilitated our folly and took advantage of it.