PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Ambassador Left Luxembourg Embassy in 'State of Dysfunction,' Watchdog Finds

txradioguy
02-06-2011, 04:28 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/397/224/stroum_cynthia_111110.jpg

Described as "aggressive, bullying, hostile, and intimidating," President Obama's ambassador to Luxembourg left the U.S. embassy there "in a state of dysfunction" and unable to carry out its duties after her recent exit, according to report released this week by the State Department Inspector General.

Cynthia Stroum, one of President Obama’s top 25 fundraisers -- a bundler who raised more than $500,000 for the his campaign -- was chosen for ambassador in 2009. Since then, auditors say her autocratic, bossy and demanding style led to complete failure of the embassy in Luxembourg's ability to function as an arm of the U.S. government in one of the world's smallest and wealthiest nations.

"Morale among Americans and local staff is very low, and stress levels are high," said the audit. "Most employees describe the Ambassador as aggressive, bullying, hostile, and intimidating, which has resulted in an extremely difficult, unhappy and uncertain work environment."

And "the apparent nonstop requirements from the Ambassador" compromised service and cost U.S. taxpayers dearly, according to the audit. A popular website among the foreign service, Diplopundit, calls the audit "The Horror Report of the Year."

Stroum, who had no apparent qualifications for the job, quit last week, citing business and family obligations. Sources tell Fox News the White House gave her no option after reading the scathing IG report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/03/obamas-ex-ambassador-luxembourg-left-embassy-state-dysfunction-watchdog-finds/?intcmp=prn_baynote-js_Ex-Ambassador_Left_Luxembourg_Embassy_in_State_of_Dys function_Watchdog_Finds

NJCardFan
02-06-2011, 05:04 AM
Can someone explain to me why we would need an ambassador to Luxembourg? Christ, the country is as big as my living room.

txradioguy
02-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Can someone explain to me why we would need an ambassador to Luxembourg? Christ, the country is as big as my living room.

You would think that with France and Germany on either side their embassy could cover down on a place like Luxembourg.

It would save the Government a nice chuck of change right now too.

fettpett
02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
um...I think it just shows how much of a dipshit and flake Obama is to be hiring these flunkies, People got on Bush for having "yes men" well fuck, Obama's hired much worse as this shows

Calypso Jones
02-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I understand it is merely windowdressing. A cushy little position that means the ambassador spends his/her time collecting wine, marking easy time and making sure that there are enough small US flags for the military graves there.

Novaheart
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Come on, surely Luxembourg is the spiritual headquarters for the Roman Piso family or a Judeomasoniccommiebankingindustrialbilderbergillum inaticamerata conspiracy.

AmPat
02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Come on, surely Luxembourg is the spiritual headquarters for the Roman Piso family or a Judeomasoniccommiebankingindustrialbilderbergillum inaticamerata conspiracy.

Or maybe a small country with another idiot appointee by O Blah Blah?:rolleyes:

3rd-try
02-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Yep, Obama hired friends who. like himself, aren't qualified or prepared. The Luxembourg gig has to be about as cushy it gets. Fund raising like community organizing doesn't automatically qualify one for much beyond fund raising and community organizing. And, they say Palin lacks experience.:rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM

We need those ambassadorships as plums for political cronies. Most of them just go to the cushy spots and enjoy. This one was a reflection of Obama, bullying and arrogant.

hampshirebrit
02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
The Luxembourg gig has to be about as cushy it gets.

No kidding. It's a lovely little country, very nice people, beautiful scenery, great food and wine, and very low taxation compared to the rest of Europe.

It takes a real idiot to fuck up a plumb posting like Stroum has. Most normal people would do their best to hang onto it.

Calypso Jones
02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
a lot of democrats have visions of grandeur. This one is no exception.

Novaheart
02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Or maybe a small country with another idiot appointee by O Blah Blah?:rolleyes:

Bush appointed notorious criminal and waste of human flesh Mel Sembler ambassador to Italy.

fettpett
02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Bush appointed notorious criminal and waste of human flesh Mel Sembler ambassador to Italy.

again you make claims without proof...so sick of your bullshit. He was never charged. Granted I will give you that there were some ethical questions in picking the guy, but he was a good diplomat unlike this stupid woman

Odysseus
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
No, it's just a tiny little country in the middle of Europe, and don't call me "Shirley."

No kidding. It's a lovely little country, very nice people, beautiful scenery, great food and wine, and very low taxation compared to the rest of Europe.

It takes a real idiot to fuck up a plumb posting like Stroum has. Most normal people would do their best to hang onto it.

Agreed. It's got to be the easiest diplomatic post there is. The country is friendly, extremely affluent and absolutely nothing happens there. It's the Disney theme park version of a European country. The most demanding task that anyone ever gets there is figuring out who left the glass slipper at the prince's ball, and that's handled by a local.

AmPat
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM

I read his biography. Is there something other than a stellar career that the researchers didn't mention? Something you have that is factual to back up your assessment of him?

Odysseus
02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I read his biography. Is there something other than a stellar career that the researchers didn't mention? Something you have that is factual to back up your assessment of him?

A stellar career in conservative circles qualifies as criminal conduct among proglodytes.

lacarnut
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM

You must be confused with all the tax dodgers and criminals in Obama's administration/ congressional Democratic critters.

noonwitch
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
You would think that with France and Germany on either side their embassy could cover down on a place like Luxembourg.

The history of the french/german border is probably exactly why Luxembourg wants their own embassy.

Odysseus
02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
The history of the french/german border is probably exactly why Luxembourg wants their own embassy.

Any sovereign state that has diplomatic relations with the US is entitled to exchange ambassadors, even glorified theme park states. What I can't understand is how this assignment overwhelmed the ambassador. That's like being a community organizer in the Magic Kingdom.

On edit: Maybe that was the problem. She looks sort of like a wicked stepmother. Maybe the strain of her daughters' not being able to get the glass slipper on was too much for her.

AmPat
02-08-2011, 03:37 PM

*Bump*
Sorry, I must have missed the answer to my question. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
*Bump*
Sorry, I must have missed the answer to my question. :rolleyes:

The only thing that I could find that was negative was that his organization, Straight, inc., was shut down over its controversial approach to drug rehab, but I only have the Wikipedia article to go by. Sembler was never accused of any wrongdoing or criminal conduct, much less convicted of anything.

It just proves that you can't spell "LIBERAL" without L-I-B-E-L.

fettpett
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
The only thing that I could find that was negative was that his organization, Straight, inc., was shut down over its controversial approach to drug rehab, but I only have the Wikipedia article to go by. Sembler was never accused of any wrongdoing or criminal conduct, much less convicted of anything.

It just proves that you can't spell "LIBERAL" without L-I-B-E-L.

pretty much, and we see that the little pansy can't come and back his shit up either