PDA

View Full Version : 5 Best and 5 Worst Places for Conservatives to Live

megimoo
02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Here in the totally Democrat-run state of Illinois, a 66% income tax just hit our paychecks last week. As you can imagine, anyone with any sense has spent the last week discussing to which state we should flee.

My friends and I have been fantasizing about a conservative commune where everyone showers,no one would starve (because we hunt) and there is no wife-swapping.

Itís a fun exercise to think about. Several of us believe a solution to our partisan problems (before it descends into civil war) might just be to part ways with the American Left and set up traditional American government in the already conservative states.
snip
Living in a solid blue state, it is nearly impossible not to have been accosted at a cocktail party while trying to enjoy some shrimp by a (literally) foaming at the mouth leftist who accidentally found out you voted for Bush. And God forbid it should be discovered you once worked for Rush Limbaugh (like me).

In that scenario, not one person would come to your defense if your accuser threw you through a plate glass window.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/02/06/5-best-and-5-worst-places-for-conservatives-to-live/

Novaheart
02-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Warning! Irritating format ahead.

Rockntractor
02-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Warning! Irritating format ahead.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/wallpaper-talking-shit-1600.jpg

Novaheart
02-06-2011, 08:25 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/wallpaper-talking-shit-1600.jpg

When a headline says "Top five" this or that, I want the front page to have the list. If I'm interested in the particulars I'll read on. But I don't like to have to page, page, page to see the list. It's a perceptual thing, rather like a pie chart with the pie all strewn about.

Kay
02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I have to agree with Novaheart. It took forever to page through and see what the list said.
Of course you know what state was naturally #1.

Rock did you see - Texas was #1 and Oklahoma was #2 for best.
For worst California was #1 and Illinois #2.

Rockntractor
02-06-2011, 09:00 PM
I have to agree with Novaheart. It took forever to page through and see what the list said.

I saw that, but in another article we are number 9 debt wise, and looking to file bankruptcy. Four years of a Democrat governor can do that to you!

SaintLouieWoman
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM

SR said Florida used to be greyt, but then too many liberal dems moved down here.

When I lived in St Louis most of the vice was in Illinois. Folks would have to cross the mighty Mississippi to get to the horse racing and to the topless dancing, etc. Then there's the corrupt politicians there (not that they don't exist in other states---they're just more blatant in Illinois).

Kay
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
SR said Florida used to be greyt, but then too many liberal dems moved down here.

I'm afraid that's what in store for Texas in the not so distant future.
I wish we could close our borders on the north and the south.

Tecate
02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Ever been to Austin, Texas?

It's 10 square miles surrounded by reality... Moscow on the prarie... You get the idea.

Not exactly a bastion of conservatism.

PoliCon
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
What's annoying is the these idiot fucking lefties trash the economy and then move to another state with lower taxes - while bitching that the rest of us should pay higher taxes - and start the whole idiotic mess all over again. :rolleyes:

my 23000 post.

Kay
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Ever been to Austin, Texas?

It's 10 square miles surrounded by reality... Moscow on the prarie... You get the idea.

Not exactly a bastion of conservatism.

Very true. I was born there while my Dad was at UT.
Then I lived there 4 years while I was at UT.
I couldn't wait to get out of there.

What's annoying is the these idiot fucking lefties trash the economy and then move to another state with lower taxes

Yes, exactly like locusts swarming on a wheat field.
They descend and destroy then move on.

Tecate
02-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Very true. I was born there while my Dad was at UT.
Then I lived there 4 years while I was at UT.
I couldn't wait to get out of there.
I like the city itself okay, but the elected officials here must be hitting the crack pipe very hard. They come up with some of the most hair-brained ideas you can imagine. Logic and reality have to turned on their ear for any of their so-called "solutions" to ever work.

One example: Trying to make this a "bicycle friendly" city (by force) like Portland, Oregon. Guess how many people are going to ride their bicycle to work when it's 105 degrees outside? The answer? Nobody. Not to mention that you're taking your life into your own hands riding a bike on these streets anyway. These are the worst drivers I've ever seen. I don't trust any of them while I'm in a car, much less on a bike.

This is only scratching the surface... I could go on and on.

Kay
02-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes the traffic is horrible! I usually go back a couple of times a year for various
seminars and schools. I'd rather drive in Dallas any day over Austin. We had a
house on Lake LBJ so I spent most of my weekends out there when I live there.

Odysseus
02-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes the traffic is horrible! I usually go back a couple of times a year for various
seminars and schools. I'd rather drive in Dallas any day over Austin. We had a
house on Lake LBJ so I spent most of my weekends out there when I live there.

We have only gone to Austin a couple of times. Usually, we're just happy to get past the traffic on the way to San Antonio from Temple.

Anyone know anything about Grand Prairie? It's on my 4187, along with a couple of other locations.

Hawkgirl
02-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Florida is still a great state to live in. It's anti union, no state tax, my county taxes are 5.5%. We have a (R) governor and senator. The state believes in the 2nd ammendment, fiercely (a Warning billboard as soon as you cross the GA/FL border)

Of course, I came from NY, where it's exactly the opposite in the points I mentioned above.

Odysseus
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Florida is still a great state to live in. It's anti union, no state tax, my county taxes are 5.5%. We have a (R) governor and senator. The state believes in the 2nd ammendment, fiercely (a Warning billboard as soon as you cross the GA/FL border)

Of course, I came from NY, where it's exactly the opposite in the points I mentioned above.

I came to Texas from NY, and had the same culture shock. It's wonderful, isn't it?

Hawkgirl
02-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I came to Texas from NY, and had the same culture shock. It's wonderful, isn't it?

Indeed!

djones520
02-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I can't wait to leave Illinois. I'm not subject to the majority of taxes, but it's still stupid. Nearly a 9% sales tax. Gun laws are dumb.

Not as bad as Canada though. Was talking to my dad about it yesterday. He pays out nearly 50% in income taxes, as well as a 12% sales tax. On top of that, because he isn't a Canadian Citizen, he doesn't get any of the benefits.

So they take his money, and give him NOTHING in return for it. Dicks.

Tecate
02-08-2011, 08:42 PM
We have only gone to Austin a couple of times. Usually, we're just happy to get past the traffic on the way to San Antonio from Temple.

Anyone know anything about Grand Prairie? It's on my 4187, along with a couple of other locations.
I was in Grand Prairie (just outside of Arlington) about 10 days ago. They have a kick ass record store there called Forever Young Records - 11,000 square feet of anything you can think of. I spent 4 hours in there and didn't come anywhere close to seeing it all. It looks like a nice area, but I don't know much about it. I have aunts, uncles and cousins living in Arlington.

What is a 4187?

Rockntractor
02-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I was in Grand Prairie (just outside of Arlington) about 10 days ago. They have a kick ass record store there called Forever Young Records - 11,000 square feet of anything you can think of. I spent 4 hours in there and didn't come anywhere close to seeing it all. It looks like a nice area, but I don't know much about it. I have aunts, uncles and cousins living in Arlington.

What is a 4187?

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4187

Odysseus
02-08-2011, 09:38 PM

What is a 4187?

DA Form 4187, request for personnel action. I will be ending my FT Hood tour in a few months, and I requested some vacancies, including one that was close by.

Yukon
02-09-2011, 08:53 AM
[B][SIZE="4"]

Here in the totally Democrat-run state of Illinois, a 66% income tax just hit our paychecks last week. As you can imagine, anyone with any sense has spent the last week discussing to which state we should flee.

Do you really think people believe your outrageous claim that in Illinois 66% of a pay cheque goes to income tax? I suggest you cant do basic math or are incapable of explaining yourself or you are just plain gullible?

If I apply your crazy claim to earning of $100.00 I would pay $66.00 tax - that absolutely WRONG.

Rebel Yell
02-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Do you really think people believe your outrageous claim that in Illinois 66% of a pay cheque goes to income tax? I suggest you cant do basic math or are incapable of explaining yourself or you are just plain gullible?

If I apply your crazy claim to earning of $100.00 I would pay $66.00 tax - that absolutely WRONG.

What he means is a 66% tax hike.

linda22003
02-09-2011, 08:59 AM

He's expressing himself as well as he can. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
02-09-2011, 10:09 AM
He's expressing himself as well as he can. :rolleyes:

I think you meant: He be spress'n hisself as good as he can. ;):D

Odysseus
02-09-2011, 01:29 PM

Are you back? I assumed that chewing through the restraints and sneaking past the orderlies to get to a keyboard would take longer.

I think you meant: He be spress'n hisself as good as he can. ;):D

Don' be hatin' yo. :D

Zathras
02-09-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.chaobell.net/newgallery/d/2110-1/14xl63c.jpg.

Fixed for accuracy, something Pukeon does not have a clue about.

AmPat
02-09-2011, 01:48 PM
OMG, the Canadian Herpe is back!:eek:

Yukon
02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
What's annoying is the these idiot fucking lefties trash the economy and then move to another state with lower taxes - while bitching that the rest of us should pay higher taxes - and start the whole idiotic mess all over again. :rolleyes:
my 23000 post.

Who took a surpluse and drove it to the highest defiicit in recorded monetary history....who started wars that were never funded, who reduced taxes for the rich, who invented voodo economics. I will educate you - it was REPUBLICAN Presidents.

p.s. Please dont use offensive language, young people read the posts.We should set an example.

Zathras
02-09-2011, 01:51 PM
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg

Fixed for accuracy.

Rockntractor
02-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Who took a surpluse and drove it to the highest defiicit in recorded monetary history....who started wars that were never funded, who reduced taxes for the rich, who invented voodo economics. I will educate you - it was REPUBLICAN Presidents.

p.s. Please dont use offensive language, young people read the posts.We should set an example.

There is no surplus if a debt exists. The national debt continued to rise under Clinton the same as with any other president.

Yukon
02-09-2011, 01:53 PM

If thats what he meant he should have stated it.

AmPat
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM

Slow down retard. Let's start with the surplus lie. When did we have a "surplus?"

Zathras
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry, but I'm a stupid fucktard that can't understand simple english.

Fixed.

Odysseus
02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
If thats what he meant he should have stated it.
So, in addition to your other character faults, you're a grammar Nazi as well?

PoliCon
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Slow down retard. Let's start with the surplus lie. When did we have a "surplus?"

Now be sure not to ask for evidence of this surplus because you will spook him and he will run off to shit in some other thread. . . . .