PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan: Red Cross worker to be hanged for converting to Christianity

megimoo
02-07-2011, 08:36 PM
"Hello, Hamid? It's Hillary...Yes, yes, peace be upon those who are rightly guided indeed...Fine, thanks, and you?...A double eagle on a par-5 hole! Wow, that's terrific...Yes...Look, Hamid, about this Said Musa character, or Musa Sayed, or whatever. You know who I mean? Yes, that's right, the accursed murtadd dog. Look, Hamid, I know how you feel, and you know how much I respect Islam, but you guys are making it harder for me to keep on saying how peaceful and tolerant Islam is. Can you cut me some slack here, please?...

"Oh, no, I'm certainly not saying you should stop the trial...Release him? Oh, no, I'm not saying that...You guys are a sovereign government...A sovereign country...But...you're really making us come out of this building a new Afghanistan thing with egg on our face, Hamid...After all, we've been fighting for freedom for all Afghans, right? And that includes freedom of religion and freedom of conscience, right? I mean, Hamid, doesn't your own Constitution say -- How does it go?

'Followers of other religions are free to exercise their faith and perform their religious rites within the limits of the provisions of law'? And what are those limits, Hamid? 'In Afghanistan, no law can be contrary to the beliefs and provisions of the sacred religion of Islam.'...Oh, I see...I see...And Islam actually forbids conversion to another religion?...And someone who leaves Islam must be killed? Muhammad commanded it? Wow, Hamid, I had no idea....I mean, John Esposito told me -- what? Esposito's a what?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/02/afghanistan-red-cross-worker-to-be-hanged-for-converting-to-christianity.html