PDA

View Full Version : "I don't like him, I don't like Michelle, I don't like his policies," Meeks said

megimoo
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Hillary delegates still not backing Obama

"The Are really Angry By The Way Obamabot's SteamRolled The Clinton Deligates
And Refused To Count All Of The Florida And Michagan Clinton Ballots !"

Hillary Clinton told her delegates today that she had cast her ballot for Barack Obama but several tear-stricken supporters said they had no plans to do the same.

"It's emotional," said Georgia delegate Jeffrey Meeks as he walked out of Clinton's speech to her delegates at the Colorado Convention Center. "It's probably the second saddest day."

And the first? That would be the day Clinton suspended her presidential campaign.

Clinton's talk, which began nearly an hour later than its scheduled 1 p.m. start, had been billed as the time when she would release her delegates from their pledge to support her.

"I am here today to release you as my delegates," she said as expected, unleashing cries of "No! No!" along with hisses and boos.

"Let me say what that means," Clinton said, trying to calm them. "What that means is, both Sen. Barack Obama's name and mine will be put into nomination this afternoon.

"Now many of you feel a responsibility to represent the voters in the state who sent you here. And others of you after this long journey we've been on want the chance to vote what's in your heart," she continued. "Still others will be voting for Sen. Obama ....

"So I am not telling you what to do because you come here from so many different places having made this journey and feeling in your heart what is right for you to do."

Her works prompted several in the audience to begin crying.

"Now I signed my ballot this morning for Sen. Obama," Clinton said. "But a lot of other people who are signing their ballots have made a different choice. What is so important is that at the end of today, we will nominate Barak Obama and Joe Biden for the president and vice president of the United States."

Meeks, though, like others, said he already had cast his ballot for Clinton and had no regrets.

He has no plans to work for the Obama campaign and, in fact, planned to fly out of Denver Thursday morning and miss Obama's speech at the Pepsi Center.

"I don't like him, I don't like Michelle, I don't like his policies," Meeks said.

He also said Obama supporters in his state had used rough tactics during the contentious primary campaign between Clinton and Obama.

Another delegate, Lydia Pena of Texas, told similar tales of "dirty" tactics by Obama supporters there.

"I'm sad," Pena said as she left Clinton's speech."This is so disappointing."

She appreciated that Clinton did not try to tell her delegates what to do.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/27/hillary-delegates-still-not-backing-obama/

Elspeth
08-27-2008, 07:42 PM
He also said Obama supporters in his state had used rough tactics during the contentious primary campaign between Clinton and Obama.

Another delegate, Lydia Pena of Texas, told similar tales of "dirty" tactics by Obama supporters there.

There are so many reports like this. Especially in Texas. The first black candidate won by thuggery, intimidation and fraud, especially in the caucus states.

The film The Audacity of Democracy shows some of the fraud that the Obama people were involved in.

megimoo
08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
There are so many reports like this. Especially in Texas. The first black candidate won by thuggery, intimidation and fraud, especially in the caucus states.

The film The Audacity of Democracy shows some of the fraud that the Obama people were involved in.They're playing Chicago style dirty politics on a national scale .

Elspeth
08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
He's a self-styled Democrat fop
Who believes he belongs at the top
But Chicago seeps through
And its thuggery too
In the end it will come to a stop.

Sadie5
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I guess he thinks he is so important that he has moved all DNC operations to Chicago. All of the Chicago politicians are probable going to jail and they made this dumb move.

GrumpyOldLady
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
They're playing Chicago style dirty politics on a national scale .

I fully agree. And if he's elected you'll see it on a much grander scale.
A frightening scale. A world wide scale.
This guy is really freaky frightening.