PDA

View Full Version : U.S. News and World Report: Romney’s out

megimoo
08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
U.S. News and World Report: Romney’s out

Any reason to place more stock in this rumor than every other rumor over the past three weeks? Just the timing: Drudge is red-fonting the claim that McCain’s settled on a nominee as I write this, which jibes with Byron York’s sources telling him this afternoon that the inner circle held their final meeting today about the pick. Like York, I’m nervous that the name’s going to leak tomorrow and it’s going to be both swallowed up by Pericles’s oration at the Parthenon and also perceived as an ungracious attempt to step on his spotlight. But McCain’s stuck. He said the nominee would be revealed on the 29th, so they have to start moving on it now to get the logistics in order.

Still in the running, according to U.S. News: Hutchison (groan), Meg Whitman (groan), and … Joementum (groooooan), although NBC speculates that the timing of the rollout means Lieberman’s not the pick since it would force him to campaign on the Jewish sabbath. Exit question: If it’s true that Mitt’s out, what finished him off? Was Huck right about there being too many antagonistic soundbites floating around out there or is it a case of there simply being too much money on the ticket in light of the attack on McCain’s houses? If the latter, bear this fun fact in mind: Whitman, the former CEO of eBay, is worth a cool $1.4 bil.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/27/us-news-and-world-report-romneys-out/

asdf2231
08-27-2008, 11:18 PM

Any reason to place more stock in this rumor than every other rumor over the past three weeks? Just the timing: Drudge is red-fonting the claim that McCain’s settled on a nominee as I write this, which jibes with Byron York’s sources telling him this afternoon that the inner circle held their final meeting today about the pick. Like York, I’m nervous that the name’s going to leak tomorrow and it’s going to be both swallowed up by Pericles’s oration at the Parthenon and also perceived as an ungracious attempt to step on his spotlight. But McCain’s stuck. He said the nominee would be revealed on the 29th, so they have to start moving on it now to get the logistics in order.

Still in the running, according to U.S. News: Hutchison (groan), Meg Whitman (groan), and … Joementum (groooooan), although NBC speculates that the timing of the rollout means Lieberman’s not the pick since it would force him to campaign on the Jewish sabbath. Exit question: If it’s true that Mitt’s out, what finished him off? Was Huck right about there being too many antagonistic soundbites floating around out there or is it a case of there simply being too much money on the ticket in light of the attack on McCain’s houses? If the latter, bear this fun fact in mind: Whitman, the former CEO of eBay, is worth a cool $1.4 bil.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/27/us-news-and-world-report-romneys-out/

Hutchison is not a bad choice all things considered.

Lieberman has never been anything but a media fantasy as a veep pick.

mike128
08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
HOORAY!!
:D:D:D

Let's just hope it's not Hutchinson or Joementum. Never heard of Meg Whitman, but judging by the name, alone, she sounds like another liberal.

gator
08-28-2008, 07:08 AM
[size="7"] Never heard of Meg Whitman, but judging by the name, alone, she sounds like another liberal.

That is Walt Whitman you are thinking of and he was homo and sometimes cross dresser.

linda22003
08-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Never heard of Meg Whitman, but judging by the name, alone, she sounds like another liberal.

"I've never heard of this person, but it won't prevent me from drawing conclusions". :rolleyes: She's the founder and former chief executive officer of eBay.

megimoo
08-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Hutchison is not a bad choice all things considered.

Lieberman has never been anything but a media fantasy as a veep pick.She sure would help him pickup the PUMA'S and a lot of the female vote but the choice will be between Tim Pawlenty (Governor, Minnesota), or Tom Ridge (Former Governor, Pennsylvania).

Sadie5
08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I thought Ridge was out. Hutchinson certainly would help with the PUMA vote, as would Whitman.

ralph wiggum
08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
That is Walt Whitman you are thinking of and he was homo and sometimes cross dresser.

Slim Whitman?

Sadie5
08-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Slim Whitman?

Was that the guy who used to sell his CDs on the cable on Sunday afternoons? Irish i think.

Full-Auto
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
So it would appear McCain is picking a female Veep just to have a female. Couldn't McCain have found a black/Jewish/female and really put himself over the top on the "I'm hip" scale?

This election is well past sucking... if it wasn't so serious I would be laughing my ass off at how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Molon Labe
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
So it would appear McCain is picking a female Veep just to have a female. Couldn't McCain have found a black/Jewish/female and really put himself over the top on the "I'm hip" scale?

This election is well past sucking... if it wasn't so serious I would be laughing my ass off at how ridiculous the whole thing is.

my sentiments exactly.

GrumpyOldLady
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I still think it's Romney.
2nd guess - Pawlenty