PDA

View Full Version : Massive disapproval of Obama's handling of budget deficit

megimoo
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Massive disapproval of Obama's handling of budget deficit
American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

A new Gallup poll reveals 68% of the public disapproves of President Obama's handling of the budget deficit. Building on a base of disapproval, public support for the president's handling of the budget crisis (yes, it's time to call it a crisis) is, in the words of Andrew Malcolm, "cratering." Doug Ross brilliantly illustrates the utter irrelevance of the spending cuts proposed by Obama with three views of a pie chart of federal spending and Obama's budget cut. First, here is the overall budget, deficit, and Obama's cuts:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/02/massive_disapproval_of_obamas.html

Chuck58
02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm one who thinks that, unless some very serious cuts are made the trainwreck is inevitable.

I pulled this off another site. I've no idea whether these figures are accurate.

"The math and numbers matter here.At some point we need to face the facts.

Stop both wars? 150 bil. Deficit = 1500 bil. so ok, thats 10% (150/1500).

Raise taxes on the rich? 40-50 bil, 50/1500, so thats 3%.

End the Dept of Education, EPA, OSHA, and maybe 10 others, about 150 being nice and you go draconian maybe 200 billion. so 200/1500 is 14%. If we do ALL of what both sides are TALKING about, we get maybe 40%. That isn't even half the deficit.

Even if we haircut DOD by HALF (which wont happen), we're looking at maybe 350 billion, or 23%. That puts us to around 60% of deficit.

The Dems, in just 2 yrs, have got us in the worst financial mess this country has ever faced. I see, or hope, it comes up to the end of the democratic party, which wouldn't be such a bad thing. But, the mess they got us in still exists."

Yukon
02-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Taxes in the US must and will be raised significantly during President Obama's second term which he is all but guaranteed (remember where you heard it friends).

Here's what I think you need to do to get your finances in order:

1. Raise tax levels by 5 % on everyone earning > 125K

2. Impose a 50 cent per gallon tax on gasoline.

3. Impose a 2.50 tax on packs of 20 cigarettes.

4. Impose a 50 cent tax on each bottle of beer, 1.50 on each bottle of wine, and 3.00 on each bottle of liquor.

The books will be balanced and a surplus will appear in < 18 months.

djones520
02-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Taxes in the US must and will be raised significantly during President Obama's second term which he is all but guaranteed (remember where you heard it friends).

You think it's ground breaking news telling a bunch of Conservatives that a Democrat is going to raise taxes? :rolleyes:

lacarnut
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Wrong again, whitebread. Watch what happens in the House of Rep. plus Obama is doomed because of high unemployment and a weak economy.

Chuck58
02-09-2011, 04:28 PM
That seems to be the dimocrat way. Get into a fiscal mess and punish the people.

My answer, which I've posted on Facebook pages of various dimocrat and repub reps is, "You all got us in this mess by ignoring We the People. Don't expect us to ante up a dime to bail you out."

Not that any of those clowns will ever read what we post.

djones520
02-09-2011, 04:32 PM
That seems to be the dimocrat way. Get into a fiscal mess and punish the people.

My answer, which I've posted on Facebook pages of various dimocrat and repub reps is, "You all got us in this mess by ignoring We the People. Don't expect us to ante up a dime to bail you out."

Not that any of those clowns will ever read what we post.

The problem is, it is our problem. 1. We put the people in office who created this mess. 2. Everything they did will effect us. 3. It is our money that will fix the situation.

So you can't just say "I'm gonna take my ball and go home now." What we've gotta do is get people in who care about fixing this situation the most painless way possible into office.

Rockntractor
02-09-2011, 04:49 PM
The problem is, it is our problem. 1. We put the people in office who created this mess. 2. Everything they did will effect us. 3. It is our money that will fix the situation.

So you can't just say "I'm gonna take my ball and go home now." What we've gotta do is get people in who care about fixing this situation the most painless way possible into office.

Sad but true.

Chuck58
02-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I disagree. Much of what Dear Leader did in the past 2 yrs was opposed by the majority of Americans. They didn't listen to us. They ran us to the very edge of the cliff, to the tipping point in fact, against our wishes. As a result, we explained our position and reminded them that they were employees and not royalty, at the polls last election.

Naturally, rather than make hard (read that politically unpopular) decisions, they'll try to take the easy road and raise taxes. It's always worked before. Nope, they spent themselves into the mess; let them find a way out. If they want to be leaders, learn to make the tough choices or get out of office.

Rockntractor
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I disagree. Much of what Dear Leader did in the past 2 yrs was opposed by the majority of Americans. We made our feelings felt last election. They didn't listen to us. They ran us to the very edge of the cliff, to the tipping point in fact, against our wishes.

Now, naturally, rather than make hard (read that politically unpopular) decisions, they'll try to take the easy road and raise taxes. Nope, they spent themselves into the mess; let them find a way out. If they want to be leaders, learn to make the tough choices or get out of office.
He was still put in office by a lawful election which as citizens makes us responsible for the debt he accumulates.

SaintLouieWoman
02-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I disagree. Much of what Dear Leader did in the past 2 yrs was opposed by the majority of Americans. They didn't listen to us. They ran us to the very edge of the cliff, to the tipping point in fact, against our wishes. As a result, we explained our position and reminded them that they were employees and not royalty, at the polls last election.

Naturally, rather than make hard (read that politically unpopular) decisions, they'll try to take the easy road and raise taxes. It's always worked before. Nope, they spent themselves into the mess; let them find a way out. If they want to be leaders, learn to make the tough choices or get out of office.

Obama just doesn't get it. He sent Mrs O to the Today show (first time supposedly that she was on the show in NY) to chat about their super bowl menu, whether or not his hair was colored recently and his lack of caring about his clothes. They're fiddling while Rome is burning. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then there's Obama trying to play nice with O'Reilly on Super Bowl night. He's a slick Chicago politician, not a leader to take charge. Hopefully the country will survive until he loses the election in 12. If people continue to be stupid and to fall for all the hype, God help us.

Chuck58
02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
He was still put in office by a lawful election which as citizens makes us responsible for the debt he accumulates.

It was a lawful election. I will once again disagree on the debt, and I'll include the deficit. When a 3.8 trillion budget is proposed, and nearly half is deficit, something is seriously wrong.

When an administration almost doubles a national debt in barely 2 yrs that is unconscionable. Something drastic needs to be done - especially when a substantial majority of the people were opposed to what was occurring at the time and were being ignored by that administration and the party in power.

Rockntractor
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
It was a lawful election. I will once again disagree on the debt, and I'll include the deficit. When a 3.8 trillion budget is proposed, and nearly half is deficit, something is seriously wrong.

When an administration almost doubles a national debt in barely 2 yrs that is unconscionable. Something drastic needs to be done - especially when a substantial majority of the people were opposed to what was occurring at the time and were being ignored by that administration and the party in power.

By law who do you think as citizens we can hand the bill to? Where else will the money come from?

Chuck58
02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
By law who do you think as citizens we can hand the bill to? Where else will the money come from?

Wherever it has to come from. How much has govt grown in the past couple of years? How bloated was it in 2008? I've no doubt they can't find 1.5 trillion in cuts. Maybe 60% of that amount by getting rid of agencies - really getting rid of them rather than just merging them with other agencies.

2008 is just an example. I'd prefer they go back to the year 2000 and scale back to that time. Really, I'd rather they go back to 1860, but that can never happen.

Rockntractor
02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Wherever it has to come from. How much has govt grown in the past couple of years? How bloated was it in 2008? I've no doubt they can't find 1.5 trillion in cuts. Maybe 60% of that amount by getting rid of agencies - really getting rid of them rather than just merging them with other agencies.

2008 is just an example. I'd prefer they go back to the year 2000 and scale back to that time. Really, I'd rather they go back to 1860, but that can never happen.

You don't have to convince me that any of this is wrong. Even if we impeached him and managed to impeach every guilty congressman, we still are the ones that pay the taxes and ultimately the bills. It is a representative government and not a monarchy, whether they represent us good or bad, we still pay. People need to take elections more seriously, they do have consequences.

Chuck58
02-09-2011, 05:38 PM
You don't have to convince me that any of this is wrong. Even if we impeached him and managed to impeach every guilty congressman, we still are the ones that pay the taxes and ultimately the bills. It is a representative government and not a monarchy, whether they represent us good or bad, we still pay. People need to take elections more seriously, they do have consequences.

I admit to playing the devil's advocate in regards paying. I know that in the end we'll be stuck with the bill. We're already paying a price. Every time my wife comes home from grocery shopping, I hear about it for an hour.

Absolutely agree, people need to do more than look at a personality or a slick speaker (albeit only good with a teleprompter or two). They need to spend time researching the candidate, their job history, voting record if in political office, all of it. Is the candidate saying one thing while their history points to something else?

kerry the Traitor...major anti gun stance, but tried to talk guns and hunting and suddenly was a dear friend of gun owners during the campaign. His lies about Vietnam killed him because some Vietnam Vets did some research and we remembered him from his post Vietnam days.

Obama is an empty suit. He was an empty suit before the election. It took very little research to find out what he was. Sadly, most Americans are just plain and simple - lazy. A lot of them around here now won't even admit they voted for him. I hope it's the same everywhere else.

Totally off topic........

Rockntractor
02-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I admit to playing the devil's advocate in regards paying. I know that in the end we'll be stuck with the bill. We're already paying a price. Every time my wife comes home from grocery shopping, I hear about it for an hour.

Absolutely agree, people need to do more than look at a personality or a slick speaker (albeit only good with a teleprompter or two). They need to spend time researching the candidate, their job history, voting record if in political office, all of it. Is the candidate saying one thing while their history points to something else?

kerry the Traitor...major anti gun stance, but tried to talk guns and hunting and suddenly was a dear friend of gun owners during the campaign. His lies about Vietnam killed him because some Vietnam Vets did some research and we remembered him from his post Vietnam days.

Obama is an empty suit. He was an empty suit before the election. It took very little research to find out what he was. Sadly, most Americans are just plain and simple - lazy. A lot of them around here now won't even admit they voted for him. I hope it's the same everywhere else.

Totally off topic........
Not off topic at all, warning people and stating the truth is all we have to prevent Obama's.

Zathras
02-09-2011, 06:28 PM

Here's what I think you need to do to get your finances in order:

1. Raise tax levels by 5 % on everyone earning > 125K

2. Impose a 50 cent per gallon tax on gasoline.

3. Impose a 2.50 tax on packs of 20 cigarettes.

4. Impose a 50 cent tax on each bottle of beer, 1.50 on each bottle of wine, and 3.00 on each bottle of liquor.

The books will be balanced and a surplus will appear in < 18 months.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg

lacarnut
02-09-2011, 06:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg

Yukon fits the bill.

Zathras
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Yukon fits the bill.

Yeah, too bad he's too arrogant and egotistical to see this fact.