PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. Rep Resigns After Claim He Sent Shirtless Photo to Woman on Craigslist

txradioguy
02-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Rep. Christopher Lee resigned from office Wednesday just hours after a report claimed the married Republican congressman sent a shirtless photo of himself to a woman on Craigslist.

The New York congressman formally submitted a resignation letter to House Speaker John Boehner.

"It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York. I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness," he said in a statement.

"The challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately."

Boehner told Fox News that he did not have any conversation with Lee pressuring him to resign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/09/rep-lee-declines-comment-report-claiming-sent-shirtless-photo-craigslist/

Constitutionally Speaking
02-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Good riddance.

We don't need idiots like this further eroding the Republican party.

Conservatives need people of CHARACTER, and anyone who would act so foolishly not only has no character, he has no intelligence either.

Zathras
02-10-2011, 09:56 AM
And you know if the guy was a Democrat the party would defend him to the end. Plus it wouldn't have been reported in the first place.

linda22003
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
And you know if the guy was a Democrat the party would defend him to the end. Plus it wouldn't have been reported in the first place.

In this case, I disagree. A public figure being a dweeb with a camera is always going to make "dumbshit" news.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20110209/lee-shirtless-resign-110209/

Rockntractor
02-10-2011, 10:29 AM

This would be applauded for showing he was just like ordinary people.

KhrushchevsShoe
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Really? A shirtless photo is grounds for losing office?

People are starting to care way too much about this shit.

Rebel Yell
02-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Really? A shirtless photo is grounds for losing office?

People are starting to care way too much about this shit.

It wasn't the shirtless photo. It was the shirtless photo being sent to a woman online from a married man.

Zathras
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
It wasn't the shirtless photo. It was the shirtless photo being sent to a woman online from a married man.

...who lied about being married to the woman he sent the picture to.

Novaheart
02-11-2011, 10:02 AM
...who lied about being married to the woman he sent the picture to.

On Craigslist. It's not like he was under oath.

Novaheart
02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Update, Reuters has discovered that people lie about their age, weight, and the size of their Nassawango on Craigslist.

look at my nassawango (http://www.nassawango.com/)

linda22003
02-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Kinda not the point. He's a public figure and should not be an embarrassment to his constituents (first and foremost), the institution of Congress, or his party. That's completely aside from embarrassing his family, which is arguably a private matter.

lacarnut
02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Update, Reuters has discovered that people lie about their age, weight, and the size of their Nassawango on Craigslist.

look at my nassawango (http://www.nassawango.com/)

Obama and Democrats have perfected lying to a fine art though.

djones520
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Adultry is a punishable offence by the UCMJ. While the members of Congress are not bound to it, they are still a part of our chain of command, and should be held to certain expectations. If they cannot respect the vows of marriage that they took, what else can we expect them to not hold to?

linda22003
02-11-2011, 10:25 AM
they are still a part of our chain of command, and should be held to certain expectations. If they cannot respect the vows of marriage that they took, what else can we expect them to not hold to?

And posting on the intertubes.... the biggest crime is being STOOOOPID. :D

Novaheart
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Adultry is a punishable offence by the UCMJ. While the members of Congress are not bound to it, they are still a part of our chain of command, and should be held to certain expectations. If they cannot respect the vows of marriage that they took, what else can we expect them to not hold to?

Yeah, I used to say that too, but it doesn't wash. Some of the great men in our history had mistresses, and sometimes the wife accepted the situation.

A congressman is a civilian and the vows of marriage are almost as easily dissolved as they are made. Stop looking for heroes, these people are employees.

djones520
02-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I used to say that too, but it doesn't wash. Some of the great men in our history had mistresses, and sometimes the wife accepted the situation.

A congressman is a civilian and the vows of marriage are almost as easily dissolved as they are made. Stop looking for heroes, these people are employees.

Reread your last line. They are employees. If you don't like your employee, you ditch them. We don't like that they can't stick to their word, then we want them gone.

If your happy backing people who have no problem lying and cheating to the people that are supposed to be closest to them, then knock yourself out. BUt that's how we got to this point in the first place. Electing people who aren't trustworthy to positions that require our trust.