PDA

View Full Version : China’s Carrier Killer Ballistic Missiles are Operational

megimoo
02-10-2011, 02:17 AM
It looks like this is the week China’s military rapidly advancing military tech keeps getting the limelight . First, we saw pics of the Asian giant’s new stealth fighter. Now, it looks like China is one step closer to fielding ballistic missiles aimed at holding U.S. forces throughout the Pacific at bay.
snip
The rise of this type of anti-access technology has caused the Pentagon to beging reevaluating how it will fight a major war under the aegis of the Air-Sea Battle concept, which calls for the Air Force and Navy to figure out how they will work together to overcome such threats. That plan is being finalized right now, none too soon in light of these latest developments. It remains to be seen whether the concept will me a highly fleshed out plan for fighting in places like the Western Pacific or if it will be a mere vision statement.
snip
While China insists its military tech is being developed for defensive purposes and that China will always work to safeguard “regional peace and stability,” it’s not always clear what that means. For example, China’s military has dramatically increased its penetrations of Japanese airspace, resulting in Japanese fighters being scrambled 44 times this fiscal year; double the total for 2006, according to a different article in Asahi Shimbun.

http://defensetech.org/2010/12/28/chinas-carrier-killer-ballistic-missiles-are-operational/

ironhorsedriver
02-10-2011, 08:02 AM
I wonder why the rest of the world doesn't raise hell like they did over the US building a missle shield or "Star Wars".

megimoo
02-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I wonder why the rest of the world doesn't raise hell like they did over the US building a missle shield or "Star Wars".WE have a simple way to counter these Chinese short range balliastic missles.

Odysseus
02-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I wonder why the rest of the world doesn't raise hell like they did over the US building a missle shield or "Star Wars".

Because we're the only impediment to world peace, haven't you heard? If it weren't for the US constantly getting in the way, we'd have had a global government decades ago. Of course, it would have been under Hitler or Stalin, but those are just minor quibbles....:rolleyes: