PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable irony

Adam Wood
02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
And they just don't get the irony at all (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x385494).

FreakinDJ (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-10-11 08:34 AM
Original message
I'm seriously considering divorcing my wife over Taxes
Another year another HUGE Tax Bill she hands me

My wife is an immigrant and she has always had trouble with Taxes. I remember her first pay check when she saw the deductions. Boy did she hit the roof - "How can they take your money" - Honey it's America EVERYONE pays taxes

Will it hasn't gotten any better. I earn a descent living, we own a home, have food to eat, Health Insurance - the whole Enchilada. Before I met my wife I had survived a 7 year audit, hired a CPA, and an EA, paid my bill and the lawyer fees and cleared up my Tax problems. Ever since then I've ALWAYS left some deductions on the table so to speak. I want a Tax Return not a Tax Bill at the end of the year.

Will now every year she hands me her TAX BILL

Right now sitting on the table I have a $2600 Tax bill which must be paid in 10 days. She thought she was working under the table, but when she pissed off her employer, got fired, and filed for unemployment, he 1099ed her and never sent her a copy. OK I understand what happened and can forgive that

Now here it is another year. At the beginning of the year I told her to change her deductions. "Sweety - you are NOT Tax Exempt - you need to pay Taxes" Well you guessed it, after doing our taxes last night she has handed me yet another $6000 Tax Bill.

Nobody gets a 1% Tax Rate - why in the Fuck would the employer and her try to play stupid.

I'm scared - jobs are getting harder to find - I'm currently unemployed so the money for the $2600 is coming right out of my savings. The $6000 Tax Bill comes out of the Deductions I purposely didn't claim last year. So instead of getting a new roof on the house (which I am surprised is not leaking now) it goes towards the Taxes she did not pay.

At what point do I say enough is enough - when I finally don't have the savings and we loose the house and I become HomelessHmmmm....

Claret1995
02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
PHONEY as the long day is toasted legs

Hey STUPID for the old lady to hand ypou a 6 grand federal tax bill,she had to make AT LEAST $40,000.00

so if this is true she is takin you to the cleaners and you are way too stupid to be married . Let alone hold a job

Apache
02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
PHONEY as the long day is toasted legs

Hey STUPID for the old lady to hand ypou a 6 grand federal tax bill,she had to make AT LEAST $40,000.00

so if this is true she is takin you to the cleaners and you are way too stupid to be married . Let alone hold a job

I have to agree. This one smells a bit rubbery to me too...

This has the "Bush tax cuts" flavor...

FBIGuy
02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm seriously considering divorcing my wife over Taxes

I'm glad to see that love and loyalty are the true foundation of DUmmy marriages :rolleyes:

Madisonian
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
This person should be thanking their spouse for the ability and priviledge to pay so much into a system that benefits the poor, the disabled and most importantly, the children. Don't forget the children.

He should live by the words of his party faithful and be proud of the patriotism he can display by merely forking over wads of cash to be spent on and for the poor, the disabled and the children. Don't forget the children.

And if not and you end up getting a divorce, remember these immortal words of wisdom...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ys82eHVgsg

jediab
02-11-2011, 03:48 PM
How does he earn a living if he is currently unemployed? :confused:

Bailey
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
How does he earn a living if he is currently unemployed? :confused:

Silly what about UI, SSI payments and what ever else he could squeeze out of the Gov. :D

Novaheart
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I wish those people who make their car chirp or blow the horn when they turn the alarm on or off, would die. That is all.

NJCardFan
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I wish those people who make their car chirp or blow the horn when they turn the alarm on or off, would die. That is all.

Why do you add the most inane things to every thread? Have you no life? Don't answer that. I already know.

I earn a descent living...I'm currently unemployed
If this isn't proof that progressivism is wrought with schizophrenia, nothing is. It's a shame that these people feel the need to manufacture shit like this. Just goes to show you that their ideology can't stand on it's own 2 feet. They must make crap up to fit their mindset. Now, the delicious irony here is that we have a liberal whining about taxes.

djones520
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Dipshit, some of us don't have that option. Go fuck yourself now.