PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Gov. to sue Feds

jendf
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, this will probably cost me as an AZ taxpayer, but I love her for not backing down on this.

PHOENIX - Governor Jan Brewer and Attorney General Tom Horne announced Thursday afternoon that Arizona is filing a counter claim against the federal government for their failure to uphold constitutional obligations.

Brewer said Arizona will file the counter claim on five separate counts:

1. Failure to obtain operational control of the border
2. Failure to enforce immigration laws
3. Failure to protect Arizona from harm from immigration
4. Failure to reimburse Arizona for more than $763 million in costs for incarceration of criminal aliens
5. Violating Arizona's 10th Amendment, failure to protect Arizona citizens' welfare

More at link (http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/arizona-governor-jan-brewer-to-make-big-announcement-on-sb1070).

djones520
02-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm betting the state has a pretty good chance at this.

jendf
02-10-2011, 03:49 PM
I just broke something like four of the Breaking News rules. Feel free to fix, mods. This is why I never post anything. Ha!

AmPat
02-10-2011, 04:00 PM
If they win and they should, the first three can be used as evidence to impeach the One. :cool:

1. Failure to obtain operational control of the border
2. Failure to enforce immigration laws
3. Failure to protect Arizona from harm from immigration

jendf
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Turns out it won't cost me much money after all. I forgot about her legal fund (http://www.keepazsafe.com/). Paid for entirely with donations.

fettpett
02-10-2011, 05:14 PM
nice, I guess Poli was wrong about her being an "elitist"

Yukon
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Brewer is just a crazy Republican. Federal law trumps state law she's wasting her time and state money.

djones520
02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Brewer is just a crazy Republican. Federal law trumps state law she's wasting her time and state money.

You almost made me choke on water there.

Go read the Constitution you idiot.

Yukon
02-10-2011, 05:18 PM
You almost made me choke on water there.

Go read the Constitution you idiot.

Why? I dont care what the Constitpation says the fact is Fed law trumps state law.

AmPat
02-10-2011, 05:19 PM

Wrong. It isn't about state vs federal. It is about the fed NOT doing its CONSTITUTIONAL duty. The state is forcing the Marxist bastards to perform their constitutionally mandated duty. Try to keep up.:cool:

djones520
02-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Why? I dont care what the Constitpation says the fact is Fed law trumps state law.

No it does not. Period. Some cases yes, but not all, or even most cases. If your going to comment on how our government works, then learn how it works first.

Yukon
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
No it does not. Period. Some cases yes, but not all, or even most cases. If your going to comment on how our government works, then learn how it works first.

Im sorry sonny but you ont know how your own government works. The Feds control immigration therefor the Feds pass laws affecting it. You should take Civics 101 sonny.

Zafod
02-10-2011, 05:40 PM
I like to make race cars out of my poop!!! I know better because I drink antifreeze!! Its green glow fills me with smarts so I knows better than you!!!!

lmao

fettpett
02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Im sorry sonny but you ont know how your own government works. The Feds control immigration therefor the Feds pass laws affecting it. You should take Civics 101 sonny.

going to steal Zarth's pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/facepalm.jpg

OMG you are a complete moron aren't you?

http://topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/overview

go read it dumbass

AmPat
02-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
:rolleyes:
Do your parents kinow what a total failure you are?

Hawkgirl
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Why? I dont care what the Constitpation says

and neither does Obama and Nancy Pelosi

Lager
02-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Okay, so civics isn't a big thing up in the Great White North. I guess with all that moose hunting and snow shoeing it's understandable. But exactly which federal law are you talking about trumping which particular state law?

Novaheart
02-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Wrong. It isn't about state vs federal. It is about the fed NOT doing its CONSTITUTIONAL duty. The state is forcing the Marxist bastards to perform their constitutionally mandated duty. Try to keep up.:cool:

Way to lose an issue that you are surprisingly on the correct side of.

Illegal immigration is an issue of right and wrong, not Right and Left. Both Right and Left have their immigration traitors, and all the traitors are doing a damned good job of monkeyfucking immigration enforcement. On the Right you have business interests who employ illegal aliens, and on the Left you have granola crunching idiots who think that harboring illegal aliens makes them compassionate.

fettpett
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Okay, so civics isn't a big thing up in the Great White North. I guess with all that moose hunting and snow shoeing it's understandable. But exactly which federal law are you talking about trumping which particular state law?

why someone from North Montana would give a rats ass about AMERICAN law makes me scratch my head as it is...why he's even on this bored makes me wonder too

Novaheart
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Border Patrol Data Contradicts Napolitano's Testimony

Border Patrol Data Contradicts Napolitano's Testimony That U.S. Has 'Effective Control of the Great Majority' of Both Northern and Southern Borders
Wednesday, February 09, 2011
By Edwin Mora

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/great-majority-north-south-borders-under

jawilljr
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Yukon you are retarded.

What Arizona is trying to do is Constitutional.

Jerry

obx
02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
The Feds control immigration therefor the Feds pass laws affecting it.

Thats just the point, The Feds ARE NOT controling immigration.

AmPat
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Way to lose an issue that you are surprisingly on the correct side of.

Illegal immigration is an issue of right and wrong, not Right and Left. Both Right and Left have their immigration traitors, and all the traitors are doing a damned good job of monkeyfucking immigration enforcement. On the Right you have business interests who employ illegal aliens, and on the Left you have granola crunching idiots who think that harboring illegal aliens makes them compassionate.

Wanna run a poll on that? Majority wins.:cool:

Novaheart
02-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Wanna run a poll on that? Majority wins.:cool:

rephrase please

Novaheart
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Yukon you are retarded.

What Arizona is trying to do is Constitutional.

Jerry

Difwently abbled.

movie buff
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Ah, so you speak insultingly about our Constitution (aka what our laws have been based around since our nation's founding), yet are genuinely surprised and even "Saddened" that we don't like you?

Madisonian
02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Ah, so you speak insultingly about our Constitution (aka what our laws have been based around since our nation's founding), yet are genuinely surprised and even "Saddened" that we don't like you?
Because if he spoke about Canadian politics and the basis for their laws, nobody here would really care.

PoliCon
02-11-2011, 08:50 AM
nice, I guess Poli was wrong about her being an "elitist"

:confused: I didn't call her an elitist.

I said that as a member of the elite BLOOMBERG would avoid prosecution for his illegal activities.

PoliCon
02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
why someone from North Montana would give a rats ass about AMERICAN law makes me scratch my head as it is...why he's even on this bored makes me wonder too

he's here to troll and he does a good job of it. Look at the way he gets people all riled up by saying something controversial and stupid - one comment and there are tons of posts in response. He's managed to hijack the topic and keep the attention focused on him.

fettpett
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
:confused: I didn't call her an elitist.

I said that as a member of the elite BLOOMBERG would avoid prosecution for his illegal activities.

um...thats not how it sounded...but you are correct on Bloomberg.

he's here to troll and he does a good job of it. Look at the way he gets people all riled up by saying something controversial and stupid - one comment and there are tons of posts in response. He's managed to hijack the topic and keep the attention focused on him.

yeah...he's a douchebag

Lanie
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM

The federal law says that if you want to enter this country, then you need to go through proper channels. Brewer is advocating that federal laws actually be enforced.

Lanie
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Okay. :D

AmPat
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM
rephrase please

Sure:

Originally Posted by AmPat
run Wanna that a poll Majority on ? wins. :rolleyes:

Lanie
02-11-2011, 10:53 AM

He's not insulting the constitution. He's insulting constipation.

Madisonian
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
He's not insulting the constitution. He's insulting constipation.
He is insulting, period, but that is a totally different topic.

Yukon
02-11-2011, 01:54 PM

Yes. I am indeed saddened.

hampshirebrit
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM

You have to be even more cretinous than I thought you were at first, then.

Madisonian
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Couple handfuls of seconal will cure that.
Try that and let us know if it worked.

txradioguy
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM

<--- DU is that way.

Odysseus
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM

Apparently, you don't understand the subject yourself. In order for federal law to claim supremacy over state law, there has to be a conflict with the state law. Arizona’s Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act (“SB 1070” or “the Act”) must conflict with or violate federal immigration law. It doesn't. The Act doesn't conflict with or violate the federal government’s constitutional authority to regulate immigration. It does not change any individual’s immigration status, nor does it confer the authority change anyone’s legal immigrant status. Nor does the law allow Arizona to deport anyone. The most that can be done by Arizona state or local law enforcement officials is, after due process, incarcerate or otherwise punish an individual for violations of state statutes, which are identical to federal statutes. For the feds to claim that Arizona cannot enforce federal law, they would have to claim that all federal laws cannot be enforced by the states. That is an absurd position, and one which would negate whole swathes of federal jurisprudence. If you want to see the states suddenly freed up from enforcing civil rights laws, drug laws or a host of other federal statutes, not to mention federal mandates on the states, well... good luck with that.

Zathras
02-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey Pukeon. Do you have a definition of yourself?

Yes. I am indeed a braindead fool.

Yes, we know, we know.

PoliCon
02-12-2011, 01:09 AM
um...thats not how it sounded...but you are correct on Bloomberg.

yeah...he's a douchebag

I suggest that you go back and re-read those posts. Because I was clearly speaking about bloomberg. If you misread them - that's your problem not mine. :p

fettpett
02-12-2011, 09:08 AM
I suggest that you go back and re-read those posts. Because I was clearly speaking about bloomberg. If you misread them - that's your problem not mine. :p

you mean this one: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=36561&highlight=bloomberg

me: one would think that Jan Brewer would take this dipshit to court for violating AZ's jurisdiction

you: Won't happen. The progressive elites are above the law. (yes, can see that)

Me: how does that stop Brewer? screw that Bloomingidiot in NYC and take him to court

You: Tell you what - she files charges and I'll root for the packers in the superbowl.
That's how sure I am that she won't do it. (here it makes it look like you think that Brewer is part of the elite)

Me: just remember shes the one that passed the immigration bill last year.
and stood up to the Obassiah when he took her to court...even if it was the wrong one

You: she was way behind in her re-election polls then. Today - she's not running for a damn thing.
Sorry - but I know that elitism trumps the law. GO STEELERS! (So does this one, and this is what I was referring too)

sorry bud, but it looks like YOU were calling Brewer an elitist (I do agree with you on Bloomberg, he IS an elitist and a jerkoff)

Novaheart
02-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm waiting for the pro-illegal bunch to get around to the argument that we need to legalize the flood of immigrants from Catholic countries in South America to offset the "refugee" immigration our Republican and Democratic governments have allowed from Islamotrash.

PoliCon
02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
you mean this one: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=36561&highlight=bloomberg

sorry bud, but it looks like YOU were calling Brewer an elitist (I do agree with you on Bloomberg, he IS an elitist and a jerkoff)

Well I wasn't. The worst I was calling her is complicit and politically calculating.

fettpett
02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Well I wasn't. The worst I was calling her is complicit and politically calculating.

it got lost in translation then, :p

PoliCon
02-12-2011, 10:26 AM
it got lost in translation then, :p

well you are just a cheesehead. :p

fettpett
02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
well you are just a cheesehead. :p

i meant from your head to the forum, must be all the rust between the ears :D:cool: