PDA

View Full Version : Clapper's Crass Bro'hood Bungle

megimoo
02-11-2011, 08:31 AM
There's lots of speculation going on over the fast-breaking events in Egypt -- but Director of National Intelligence James Clapper's claim yesterday on Capitol Hill that the Muslim Brotherhood is "largely secular" and has "eschewed violence" doesn't need to be speculated upon.

The Brotherhood has not only described itself as an Islamist group, committed to implementing Sharia law, it spawned Egyptian Islamic Jihad -- which offed Anwar Sadat in 1981 and later joined forces with al Qaeda. Another Brotherhood offshoot is Hamas, the terrorist group that holds Gaza in its bloody grip. It's no fan of the Camp David peace accords with Israel, either.

Though Clapper's office has reportedly "clarified" his remarks, the damage has been done. The DNI's testimony makes it appear that the US government either doesn't know the facts on the ground in Egypt or has mistakenly concluded that we shouldn't be concerned about the Brotherhood being large and in charge of that strategic Mideastern country. Either case is troubling.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/clapper_crass_bro_hood_bungle_GdKdA6deFvLNLbcZMF4I FN

COMMENTS:

Clapper and his staff seem absolutely oblivious to reality and they have NO knowledge of the history and intent of the Muslim Brotherhood.

I find this absolutely incredible. How is it that the average American can know more about this international Muslim organization than the president's national director of intelligence?

Is this for real?
BIO:
James R. Clapper, Jr. (born March 14, 1941) is a retired lieutenant general in the United States Air Force and is currently the Director of National Intelligence. He was previously dual-hatted as the first Director of Defense Intelligence within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence alongside the position of Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence.[1] Clapper has held several key positions within the United States Intelligence Community. He served as the director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) from September 2001 until June 2006. Previously, he served as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) from 1992 until 1995.

Calypso Jones
02-11-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't know if it is naievite or just plain stupidity, but whatever it is, this man and his thinking are a serious danger to the securty of the country. It was be hilarious if it weren't so deadly.

Starbuck
02-11-2011, 09:01 AM
The Obama Administration simply cannot succeed. They do not have the right people in place.:mad:

As a history buff (not a history major, and certainly not an historian) I know that it was diplomatic ineptitude that contributed to the formation of WWII.

Coming even closer to home: During the American Revolution it was British diplomatic ineptitude that resulted in every single navy in the entire civilized world siding with the Americans in spite of the fact that the Americans did not have a navy!

Diplomatic bungling can be very dangerous stuff.