PDA

View Full Version : Protesters’ Anger Spills Over After Speech

megimoo
02-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Anger swept Tahrir Square in Cairo Thursday night as protesters learned that President Hosni Mubarak did not intend to resign. Many in the crowd had believed that victory was at hand.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/world/middleeast/11tahrir.html

Isaiah 19:2 "And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, [and] kingdom against kingdom."

Reads Isaiah 19:2, but read the whole chapter for some eerie "coincidences".

Verse 18 reads thus: "In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will be speaking the language of Canaan and swearing allegiance to the LORD of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction."

A little research shows two things: The "language of Canaan" was Hebrew, and the "city of destruction" would be "Heliopolis". Although Heliopolis' location varies somewhat from theologian to theologian, one of the primary locations posited for Heliopolis is a Cairo suburb in modern Egypt.

Finally, the last two verses in chapter 19 read, In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."

At the time, Assyria's territory reached into countries we know today as Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran. The center of their civilization was on the upper Tigris river in northern Iraq.

Attention must be paid.