PDA

View Full Version : " Tea Party Primary Challenge Sen. Olympia Snowe"

megimoo
02-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Tea Party activist calls Sen. Snowe 'almost as bad' as Obama, announces primary challenge

Washington (CNN) - A Tea Party activist, well known in Maine, announced that he will try to oust his state's senior Republican senator.And now Andrew Ian Dodge is repeating a favorite line of conservatives: "I consider her almost as bad for the country as President Obama."

On Friday, the Tea Party Patriots' Maine state coordinator announced he'd challenge Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe. And yet his words beg the question: Could the same kind of Republican political warfare that burst open in Alaska and Delaware also happen in Maine?Dodge was attending the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, a gathering of some 11,000 activists, including many potential 2012 presidential candidates. He's a 43-year-old, married freelance writer who's never run for statewide office - but says he's worked as an activist around the world.

After his announcement, Dodge spoke to CNN in a telephone interview. He joins Republican Scott D'Amboise, who previously announced a challenge against Snowe.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/11/tea-party-activist-calls-sen-snowe-almost-as-bad-as-obama-announces-primary-challenge/

fettpett
02-12-2011, 10:08 AM
it was only a matter of time before a Tea Party candidate came out to challenge her

Chuck58
02-12-2011, 03:37 PM
My in-laws live in Maine. They retired to Maine, if you can believe that, many years ago. They can't stand Snowe, but tell me that Maine has gone the way of New Hampshire. Migrants, they call them Massholes, from Massachusetts have infested the southern part of Maine in enough numbers to change a fairly conservative state into what it is today. Snowe just reflects what's happened to Maine.

Whether a TEA party candidate can win is debatable. It would be nice if he could pull big enough numbers to scare Snowe.

djones520
02-12-2011, 03:55 PM
My in-laws live in Maine. They retired to Maine, if you can believe that, many years ago. They can't stand Snowe, but tell me that Maine has gone the way of New Hampshire. Migrants, they call them Massholes, from Massachusetts have infested the southern part of Maine in enough numbers to change a fairly conservative state into what it is today. Snowe just reflects what's happened to Maine.

Whether a TEA party candidate can win is debatable. It would be nice if he could pull big enough numbers to scare Snowe.

It'll be a repeat of New Hampshire. The Republicans will oust the "RINO" for a Tea Party candidate and then the moderates and blue dogs will vote Democrat.