PDA

View Full Version : Kandahar attack kills at least 21

txradioguy
02-12-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/topstories/2011/02/12/tp-kandahar-rtr2ihpd.jpg

Taliban insurgents armed with bombs, automatic rifles and rocket-propelled grenades attacked the Kandahar police headquarters Saturday during a bloody assault on the southern Afghan city that killed at least 21 people and wounded dozens more.

The bold afternoon raid showed insurgents are still able to launch deadly strikes on heavily fortified government institutions despite the past year's influx of U.S. troops into Kandahar province, the Taliban's birthplace. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.

Fifteen of those killed were Afghan police officers, said provincial Governor Toryalai Wesa. Interior Ministry spokesman Zemeri Bashary said three Afghan soldiers, two civilians and one intelligence service agent also died in the assault.

Insurgents first struck around noon, detonating a series of explosions that rocked the area near the provincial police headquarters. The police post is located in central Kandahar, not far from the governor's offices.

Initial reports suggest a car bomb exploded outside the police compound, and then immediately afterward two suicide bombers tried to storm the headquarters but blew themselves up outside the perimeter wall, according to NATO officials in Kandahar.

Five militants fitted with suicide vests battled with police for several hours, Bashary said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/02/12/afghan-attack.html#ixzz1DlDH9Bu8

Phillygirl
02-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Dammit.

txradioguy
02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Dammit.

Yeah they hit the PHQ pretty good. A lot of those 25 dead civilians were children too.

The insurgents staged their attack from a hotel across from the police HQ.

They were even nice enough to leave car bombs for the first responders.

Dammit indeed!

Phillygirl
02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah they hit the PHQ pretty good. A lot of those 25 dead civilians were children too.

The insurgents staged their attack from a hotel across from the police HQ.

They were even nice enough to leave car bombs for the first responders.

Dammit indeed!

Of course they were. But the Americans and other NATO forces will be blamed, as usual. Time to get the hell out.

Kay
02-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Time to get the hell out.

I say time to turn our boys loose without restriction and let them finish it.
Like we should have done several years ago.

Madisonian
02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I say time to turn our boys loose without restriction and let them finish it.
Like we should have done several years ago.
This is how we beat Germany...

http://aroundtheedges.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dresden-after-the-firebombing.jpg

This is how we beat Japan...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/images/0310-01.jpg

Either fight to win or get out.
It is that simple.

txradioguy
02-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Of course they were. But the Americans and other NATO forces will be blamed, as usual.

Blamed how?

Time to get the hell out.

We will...when we've got these guys ready to stand on their own two feet.

But if we pull up stakes and leave tomorrow the place will fall in on itself.

Kay
02-12-2011, 05:00 PM
It is that simple.

Exactly.

djones520
02-12-2011, 05:01 PM
This is how we beat Germany...

http://aroundtheedges.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dresden-after-the-firebombing.jpg

This is how we beat Japan...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/images/0310-01.jpg

It is that simple.

Our enemies in those fights where the Germans, and the Japanese. It's not the same this time. Indiscriminant warfare will only make it worse.

Madisonian
02-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Our enemies in those fights where the Germans, and the Japanese. It's not the same this time. Indiscriminant warfare will only make it worse.
Yes because 10 years in Afghanistan and coming up to 8 in Iraq has just worked out so peachy keen for us so far.

djones520
02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes because 10 years in Afghanistan and coming up to 8 in Iraq has just worked out so peachy keen for us so far.

Insurgent warfare. It's a differant type of beast. It takes time.

fettpett
02-12-2011, 05:16 PM

and Bush said before starting that it wasn't going to a quick war, that it could take up to 20+ years

Madisonian
02-12-2011, 05:55 PM
and Bush said before starting that it wasn't going to a quick war, that it could take up to 20+ years
And does anyone really think the US will ever win the "hearts and minds" of the muslim world be it 10, 20 or 100 years?
These people have been killing infidels and each other throughout recorded history and there is nothing that indicates that a change in their basic philosophy is imminent.
Insurgents, terrorists, freedom fighters or whatever else you want to call them does not change the fact that they are still metaphorically lepers poisoning every well that they can reach.

You can continue to hold on to some misguided notion that these are a people yearning to be free as our ancestors were, but all that is doing is trying to blow smoke up my ass.
Every country that has any muslim influence has a corresponding muslim problem. Europe is being plagued by them and so far it has only been thousands of miles of ocean that has minimized the problem here, but one day it will take hold here as well as long as we tolerate rather than eradicate the problem.

Phillygirl
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
We've been there long enough. Either level the place, or get out. Mostly I'm in favor of leveling the place, but that probably wouldn't be prudent. The Afghanis are a different animal. They will not be dragged into the 15th century by us. They can not be trusted, nor bought, only rented for a period of time. At this point, the rent is getting a bit too high for my liking.

Rockntractor
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
We've been there long enough. Either level the place, or get out. Mostly I'm in favor of leveling the place, but that probably wouldn't be prudent. The Afghanis are a different animal. They will not be dragged into the 15th century by us. They can not be trusted, no bought, only rented for a period of time. At this point, the rent is getting a bit too high for my liking.

I agree!

Kay
02-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Me three!

Rockntractor
02-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Bumping for a Patchey!

txradioguy
02-13-2011, 04:49 AM
We've been there long enough. Either level the place, or get out. Mostly I'm in favor of leveling the place, but that probably wouldn't be prudent.

Believe it or not we've started doing that to entire villages because it was determined it would be to costly to coalition troops to try and clear them of their Taliban infestations.

So we've been clearing out all the residents and then dropping enough ordinace on the villages to wipe them and whateer hidden explosives they contain off the map.

Then reconstruction teams come in and rebuild the villages for the residents.

The Afghanis are a different animal. They will not be dragged into the 15th century by us. They can not be trusted, nor bought, only rented for a period of time. At this point, the rent is getting a bit too high for my liking.

This truly is an odd place. Imagine trying to take all of the various American Indian Tribes...including their sub tribes and putting them under one over arching government. Put a Navajo as the President, an Apache as the Interior Minister, a Mowhak as the Defense Minister...you get the picture...and then try to make it work...smoothly.

Oh and just to make things sporting add some 1930's style Chicago/Capone style corruption into the mix as well.

This is...IMHO Afghanistan in the year 2011/1389

Phillygirl
02-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Believe it or not we've started doing that to entire villages because it was determined it would be to costly to coalition troops to try and clear them of their Taliban infestations.

So we've been clearing out all the residents and then dropping enough ordinace on the villages to wipe them and whateer hidden explosives they contain off the map.

Then reconstruction teams come in and rebuild the villages for the residents.

Yes, I'm aware. And all the reconstruction will be destroyed after we leave. The Afghans do not and will not build for themselves. They are the result of centuries of "welfare" and are subject to the whims of those that will do for them. They use the excuse of their religion, of their "Allah" to decide what to do. But it is only that, an excuse for their bad behavior.

This truly is an odd place. Imagine trying to take all of the various American Indian Tribes...including their sub tribes and putting them under one over arching government. Put a Navajo as the President, an Apache as the Interior Minister, a Mowhak as the Defense Minister...you get the picture...and then try to make it work...smoothly.

Oh and just to make things sporting add some 1930's style Chicago/Capone style corruption into the mix as well.

This is...IMHO Afghanistan in the year 2011/1389

Capone never converted. Most of the Indians did not either. We wipe them out or we leave them alone. But they will not be like us. They will not embrace freedom. They will not join with us in eliminating the bad seed. They will merely nod and smile, then knife us in the back if we're not looking. We've done what we needed to do there. It's time to leave.

Kay
02-13-2011, 10:15 AM
So we've been clearing out all the residents and then dropping enough ordinace
on the villages to wipe them and whateer hidden explosives they contain off the map.

But isn't moving all the residents out first at the heart of the problem?
We let them know when we are coming, we give them time to get out,
and only then do we level the village. Other than a few martyrs who
stay behind to fight to the death, we let the rest go. We leave their
support systems, relatives and those sympathetic to Islam first and
freedom second, intact. There just is no such thing as a civilized war
in my opinion. Lay waste, kill them all breeders included, and fight
to conquer and win. Then you can rebuild and give the country a
new start.

lacarnut
02-13-2011, 12:24 PM
new start.

That is the ticket. We have lost too many lives in these shit hole countries whose leaders steal our money and are in bed with our enemies. If I had been President, the first real evidence of Iran training, making bombs for the insurgents that were killing our boys, I would have threathened to level Tehran and target their leader. That crap would have stopped on day one or the Mullahs and the whole Iranian government would be no more. We should never enter a war with the intention to stabilize and re build afterwards. We should annihilate the enemy and get the hell out. That may sound cruel but that's the way a war should be fought. It is past time to leave these two countries. Blow them up, destroy the poppy crop and leave. All this nation building is for the birds. Secondly, we are broke and cannot not afford it any more.

Lanie
02-13-2011, 10:02 PM

Perhaps there's a go between. Surely there are steps that the military hasn't been taking in fear of social retaliation. On another note Madisonian, you might be interested in knowing that wars where people killed "indiscriminately" have often lasted several years. Ten years is actually nothing compared to how long many wars in the past have lasted.

Question, what threat can we use against a group of people who do not care about their own lives or often the lives of their families?

Lanie
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM

Bush said that. The anti-war crowd said that. May I please ask why the American people actually believed that war was a get in, get out process? Okay, the first Iraq war ended pretty quickly. So? It's like people don't even think.

Lanie
02-13-2011, 10:11 PM
That is the ticket. We have lost too many lives in these shit hole countries whose leaders steal our money and are in bed with our enemies. If I had been President, the first real evidence of Iran training, making bombs for the insurgents that were killing our boys, I would have threathened to level Tehran and target their leader. That crap would have stopped on day one or the Mullahs and the whole Iranian government would be no more. We should never enter a war with the intention to stabilize and re build afterwards. We should annihilate the enemy and get the hell out. That may sound cruel but that's the way a war should be fought. It is past time to leave these two countries. Blow them up, destroy the poppy crop and leave. All this nation building is for the birds. Secondly, we are broke and cannot not afford it any more.

The problem with not stabilizing the countries after we leave is that it's very possible that they can get taken over by somebody who will mostly certainly go after America later on.

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 12:32 AM
The anti-war crowd said that.

Actually the anti-war crowd was too busy shouting No blod for oil and blaming 9/11 on the U.S.

They never said it was going to be a long war. Quite frankly they didn't care either way.

May I please ask why the American people actually believed that war was a get in, get out process? Okay, the first Iraq war ended pretty quickly. So? It's like people don't even think.

The American people by anbd large didn't believe that. It was the media and the Libtard politicians that somehow thought that. The people with a real grasp on how these things worked never believed it would be a quick "100 hour" war.

Hell no one who planeed against Saddam in the first Gulf War dreamed it wuld go that quickly. They were prepared for the kind of long drawn out conflict we've been engaged in now.

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Yes, I'm aware. And all the reconstruction will be destroyed after we leave. The Afghans do not and will not build for themselves.

That could not be farther from the truth.

They are the result of centuries of "welfare" and are subject to the whims of those that will do for them.

No actually it's more tribal alignments.

They use the excuse of their religion, of their "Allah" to decide what to do. But it is only that, an excuse for their bad behavior.

You just described 99.9% of the bad actors in the Middle East.

The majority of the people in Afghanistan and Iraq that I've seen just want to be able to live a peaceful existence and do their thing.

The broadbrush you are paiting on them is the same kind of thing Libtards do to us Conservatives when they describe us as "teabagging fundie racist homophobes".

Or use the bad behavior of one or two high visibility or elected folks to say ALL of us behave that way.

They will not embrace freedom.

Freedom to them is something different than what you or I view freedom as.

They will not join with us in eliminating the bad seed.

And yet they do on a local level on a daily basis.

They will merely nod and smile, then knife us in the back if we're not looking.

Perhaps you should come here and check the place out for yourself. You might have a different POV.

NATO needs mentors to help rebuild the judicial system.

We've done what we needed to do there.

Which is?

It's time to leave.

And if we pull out tomorrow we'll be back in 10 years.

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 12:50 AM
stay behind to fight to the death, we let the rest go.

No because like with Fallujah and Ramadi, the villages that have been okayed by Petreus to be levelled are ones that the insurgents will not give up and will stay in large numbers to defend.

The residents of these villages don't want the insurgents there anymore than we do. They want their kids to walk the streets and play without fear of some IED intended for a coalition force patrol to take the legs off of their child or their husband or wife.

What happens is that beause we've been so effective in cutting off the normal supply lines and means of funding the insurgents they have taken to forcing homes and in some cases entire villages to feed and house them. It's like taking an entire village hostage.

We leave their
freedom second, intact.

The villages that have had this extremem measure taken in them have gone through a process where before it's done meetings are held with the village elders to get their ok on what we want to do. Then with $$$ from USAID and others we come in and hire locals to rebuild better than what they had before.

There just is no such thing as a civilized war
new start.

There you and I are in complete agreement. IMHO...personally I think we stopped the combat ops way too soon and started COIN way too early.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Just wondering, TRG, how much time have you spent in Afghanistan?

Wei Wu Wei
02-14-2011, 12:07 PM
bunch of babies having total war fantasies about exterminating brown people

there's nothing even left to say, just to watch in awe

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 12:18 PM
That could not be farther from the truth.

Really? The Soviets put in water plants, they were blown up, as was every bit of infrastructure built by the Russians. They will do the same after we leave.

No actually it's more tribal alignments.
While there are certainly multifaceted tribal alignments, as a people they are used to invaders taking over and making things happen. In large part, that is how the Taliban was able to take hold. As long as they weren't expected to actually work to make thing better, they complied with the promise of better things by the Taliban, even if that meant that they had to endure some of the horrors of that regime.

You just described 99.9% of the bad actors in the Middle East.
The majority of the people in Afghanistan and Iraq that I've seen just want to be able to live a peaceful existence and do their thing.

The broadbrush you are paiting on them is the same kind of thing Libtards do to us Conservatives when they describe us as "teabagging fundie racist homophobes".

Or use the bad behavior of one or two high visibility or elected folks to say ALL of us behave that way.

Except that the religion is not limited to only the "bad actors". It's indicative of 99% of the people in Afghanistan. They use it as a crutch for all of their bad behavior...whether its' polygamy, marrying 9 year olds, beating and raping their wives, hatred towards the U.S.; disbelief of simple matters of fact such as Americans landing on the moon, etc. Their answer to everything is "if Allah wills it". Unfortunately it's been many centuries since Allah picked up a shovel and dug a ditch. It's been almost that long since most Afghans have voluntarily done so as well.

Freedom to them is something different than what you or I view freedom as.
True.

And yet they do on a local level on a daily basis.

That's on Tuesday. Wednesday will be a different story.

Perhaps you should come here and check the place out for yourself. You might have a different POV.

No. I have enough personal stories of those that have tried to help. It's not working and the attitude towards the Americans is deteriorating.

NATO needs mentors to help rebuild the judicial system.
NATO can use the Europeans to do that. They're part of the problem, they can be part of the solution, although I doubt there really is one.

Which is?

We routed the Taliban. We destroyed much of their infrastructure to make any kind of mass attack. Outside of killing them all, I don't think there's much else for us to do.

And if we pull out tomorrow we'll be back in 10 years.
Agreed. But same thing if we pull out 2 years from now, other than delaying the return date a bit. We aren't going to change the people. They are who they are.

Wei Wu Wei
02-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Has anyone suggested gas chambers?

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 12:40 PM

What is your suggestion, WWW?

Rockntractor
02-14-2011, 12:41 PM

That is sooo mid last century, have you never heard of wood chippers?:rolleyes:

lacarnut
02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
That is sooo mid last century, have you never heard of wood chippers?:rolleyes:

Slimy liberals would just clog up the machine. :eek::rolleyes::)

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Just wondering, TRG, how much time have you spent in Afghanistan?

Been here since June of last year why? How long have you been here?

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Really? The Soviets put in water plants, they were blown up, as was every bit of infrastructure built by the Russians. They will do the same after we leave.

While there are certainly multifaceted tribal alignments, as a people they are used to invaders taking over and making things happen. In large part, that is how the Taliban was able to take hold. As long as they weren't expected to actually work to make thing better, they complied with the promise of better things by the Taliban, even if that meant that they had to endure some of the horrors of that regime.

Except that the religion is not limited to only the "bad actors". It's indicative of 99% of the people in Afghanistan. They use it as a crutch for all of their bad behavior...whether its' polygamy, marrying 9 year olds, beating and raping their wives, hatred towards the U.S.; disbelief of simple matters of fact such as Americans landing on the moon, etc. Their answer to everything is "if Allah wills it". Unfortunately it's been many centuries since Allah picked up a shovel and dug a ditch. It's been almost that long since most Afghans have voluntarily done so as well.

True.

That's on Tuesday. Wednesday will be a different story.

No. I have enough personal stories of those that have tried to help. It's not working and the attitude towards the Americans is deteriorating.

NATO can use the Europeans to do that. They're part of the problem, they can be part of the solution, although I doubt there really is one.

We routed the Taliban. We destroyed much of their infrastructure to make any kind of mass attack. Outside of killing them all, I don't think there's much else for us to do.

Agreed. But same thing if we pull out 2 years from now, other than delaying the return date a bit. We aren't going to change the people. They are who they are.

Not sure where you're getting your info from General...but you couldn't be more wrong. You really are over your head on this one.

Not that it will stop you from trying to be right.

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Really disappointed in you on this PG.

I know you have this need to prove you're the smartest one in the room...but you're really coming up like an uninformed jackass on this topic this time.

I expected better.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Been here since June of last year why? How long have you been here?

I haven't been there at all. I thought you knew that. One of my good friends is going on 6 years there, most of her time being spent in the field working amongst the Afghans. Granted, she doesn't tell me any of the information that would be classified in any way, but her assessment of things on the ground is not good. That's not to say anything derogatory about our military. It seems that our military, as usual, is doing a fantastic job. But their primary job is fighting. Their secondary job is reconstruction. All of that is for naught when the enemy will not move out of the third century. At a certain point we can not continue to bribe our way through, or fight our way through. There needs to be real change in the core of the people, and I do not see that coming any time soon.

I realize you have a need to simply snipe and be nasty, rather than discuss the actual issues, and that is fine. I've tried to respond to you with respect and candor, but it appears that when you are caught in above your own head you prefer to go with insults. That probably works well in a podunk bar in Texas. I'm not interested in your games, though.

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I haven't been there at all. I thought you knew that. One of my good friends is going on 6 years there, most of her time being spent in the field working amongst the Afghans. Granted, she doesn't tell me any of the information that would be classified in any way, but her assessment of things on the ground is not good. That's not to say anything derogatory about our military. It seems that our military, as usual, is doing a fantastic job. But their primary job is fighting. Their secondary job is reconstruction. All of that is for naught when the enemy will not move out of the third century. At a certain point we can not continue to bribe our way through, or fight our way through. There needs to be real change in the core of the people, and I do not see that coming any time soon.

You couldn't be farther from the truth. That goes totally against what I am seeing with my own eyes and reading in reports from Human Inteiilgence and terrain teams.

I see a lot more than I can talk about. And it seems that my info is more current than your friends.

It's too bad you couldn't have given me the benefit of the doubt and left it at that.

Guess it's just not in your nature.

I realize you have a need to simply snipe and be nasty, rather than discuss the actual issues, and that is fine. I've tried to respond to you with respect and candor, but it appears that when you are caught in above your own head you prefer to go with insults. That probably works well in a podunk bar in Texas. I'm not interested in your games, though.

No what I tried to do is give you a boots on the ground perspective. Give you insight into things your "friend" may not be seeing in whatever capacity she's working in thsi country.

And you got nasty...arrogant anf finally snarky enough to ask me how long I've been here like I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

You've done nothing but try to prove to everyone since your first reply here that I dind't know what the hell I was talking about.

And you failed.

As for the rest of your claims...you left your damn projector on.

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM

You left this running:

http://www.cybertheater.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/44_projector.jpg

lacarnut
02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
The problem with not stabilizing the countries after we leave is that it's very possible that they can get taken over by somebody who will mostly certainly go after America later on.

In that case, I am for making those trouble making countries into a glass factory. Then we can start drilling for our own oil and natural gas.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 02:01 PM
You couldn't be farther from the truth. That goes totally against what I am seeing with my own eyes and reading in reports from Human Inteiilgence and terrain teams.

I see a lot more than I can talk about. And it seems that my info is more current than your friends.

It's too bad you couldn't have given me the benefit of the doubt and left it at that.

Guess it's just not in your nature.

No what I tried to do is give you a boots on the ground perspective. Give you insight into things your "friend" may not be seeing in whatever capacity she's working in thsi country.

And you got nasty...arrogant anf finally snarky enough to ask me how long I've been here like I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

You've done nothing but try to prove to everyone since your first reply here that I dind't know what the hell I was talking about.

And you failed.

As for the rest of your claims...you left your damn projector on.

I merely asked how long you were there. I didn't snark it. I didn't ask it for any reason other than because many people I have talked with have spent 6 - 9 months there, and I've seen, through my friend, a definite change in attitude from year 1 to year 6 in terms of understanding the people and what is really going wrong. It wasn't meant as an insult, merely as a frame of reference. If you took it as an insult, then my apologies, but I think you are being sensitive about it.

I'll admit my friend may not know it all. However, since she has worked within the Afghan community, the military community, and the U.S. govermental community, I trust what she says and what she sees. 5 years ago you would not have found a more committed supporter of Afghanistan reconstruction by the U.S. and allies. Today, not so much.

I'm not certain that your info is more "current" than hers, although certainly it may be coming from different channels.

You seemed surprised, however, to learn of the Afghans destroying that which was built by the Russians. I thought that was pretty common knowledge. I'm certain that it is also common knowledge that the Afghans will change sides more easily than the Italians. There is not loyalty as we Americans define the term over there. That is the reason why I don't think we'll make much in the way of inroads. Are there some decent people there? Sure. Not enough to make it worth our sacrifice, though.

Disagreement doesn't need to be met with your kind of sophomoric rhetoric. If you want to have a discussion, I'm more than game. If you just want me to say you're right because you wear a uniform and I don't, no need to continue with this.

djones520
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
The Russians where dictators who indescriminately murdered the Afghani's Philly. We are hardly like that. They hated the Russians. It's still so bad that there are issues with the Russians aiding the fight against the Taliban today.

Wei Wu Wei
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Has anyone ever even considered that maybe the United States invading these countries, leading from tens of thousands, to hundreds of thousands of civilian death and unprecidented distruction is Not A Good Thing?

A decade down the line, after thousands of families have been killed, countless bombs and bullets sent flying, an entire generation growing up under Western Occupation, the only thing that even resembles honest quesitoning is "hmmm, is all this death and destruction worth it for us?"

Has anyone had the passing thought that maybe these are people too? People who love and suffer just like we do? People with families who are living in far worse conditions than any of us ever will?

lmaoi what am I saying?

NUKE the entire middle fucking east, send every single one of those filthy monkeys to their moon God and instalol some REAL AMERICAN FREEDOM all up in that bitch and say hello to $1.00 gasoline again!!

yeeeehaw!!

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Has anyone ever even considered that maybe the United States invading these countries, leading from tens of thousands, to hundreds of thousands of civilian death and unprecidented distruction is Not A Good Thing?

A decade down the line, after thousands of families have been killed, countless bombs and bullets sent flying, an entire generation growing up under Western Occupation, the only thing that even resembles honest quesitoning is "hmmm, is all this death and destruction worth it for us?"

Has anyone had the passing thought that maybe these are people too? People who love and suffer just like we do? People with families who are living in far worse conditions than any of us ever will?

lmaoi what am I saying?

NUKE the entire middle fucking east, send every single one of those filthy monkeys to their moon God and instalol some REAL AMERICAN FREEDOM all up in that bitch and say hello to $1.00 gasoline again!!

yeeeehaw!!

Still waiting on your proposal, WWW.

Rockntractor
02-14-2011, 02:09 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/sinking_ship.jpg

lacarnut
02-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Disagreement doesn't need to be met with your kind of sophomoric rhetoric. If you want to have a discussion, I'm more than game. If you just want me to say you're right because you wear a uniform and I don't, no need to continue with this.

Sounds like you are the one that is getting your bowels in an uproar. :eek::eek::eek:

Wei Wu Wei
02-14-2011, 02:11 PM
We have hard working Amercans going over there giving them fully-automatic blasts of Freedom left and right and they have the fucking gall to not appreciate it? looks like it's time to go back to plan A - drop bacon grease all over Mecca, drop porn leaflettes from airplanes above their "cities" and shoot anyone twice who doesn't say "thank you" in English

stupid moslems cry about freedom but i've never seen one vote Republican so fuck em they wouldn't know freedom if it blew their camel to pieces (which it will!! BOOYA)

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Sounds like you are the one that is getting your bowels in an uproar. :eek::eek::eek:

Obviously, since I have insulted other members of this forum in order to "win" my argument. :rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Still waiting on your proposal, WWW.

marry me phiilygirl ;)

djones520
02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
We have hard working Amercans going over there giving them fully-automatic blasts of Freedom left and right and they have the fucking gall to not appreciate it? looks like it's time to go back to plan A - drop bacon grease all over Mecca, drop porn leaflettes from airplanes above their "cities" and shoot anyone twice who doesn't say "thank you" in English

stupid moslems cry about freedom but i've never seen one vote Republican so fuck em they wouldn't know freedom if it blew their camel to pieces (which it will!! BOOYA)

Wei, this is your last chance to shut the hell up. Take it.

Rockntractor
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
marry me phiilygirl ;)

On valentines day none the less, this is so beautiful!:o
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Crying____by_Hahnsel.jpg

txradioguy
02-14-2011, 02:36 PM

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/2756/dumbassfullre1.jpg

Eat a dick champ.

Zathras
02-14-2011, 07:35 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/facepalm.jpg

Stupidity of Wee Wee's magnitude can't be repelled with just one picture.

lacarnut
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Obviously, since I have insulted other members of this forum in order to "win" my argument. :rolleyes:

When it comes to winning an arguments regarding the military, your knowledge of such would not fill a thimble. Looks like you always have these multitudes of people that you know that have experience in any discussions that turns to such topics such as the military, homos, etc.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 09:09 PM
When it comes to winning an arguments regarding the military, your knowledge of such would not fill a thimble. Looks like you always have these multitudes of people that you know that have experience in any discussions that turns to such topics such as the military, homos, etc.

No, I don't. I don't really any gay friends...well, not any that have admitted to it. Tell me what the etc. stands for and then I can see if that's accurate.

I didn't go into this discussion to "win". I came into the discussion because I was angered at the attack in Afghanistan. I seem to have the same point of view on Afghanistan as several other posters here, as evidenced by the "Me too" and "me three" comments, but the only vitriol for such a point of view was directed at me.

Now, I expained how I come by my opinion, which is obviously different than how TRG comes by his opinion.

You of course have added to the discussion with your usual yippie dog "me too" insipidness. I guess that helps the post count, for whatever it's worth. I'm sure some supermod will come along to tell me how nasty I'm being to you. Oh well. Just another Monday.

AmPat
02-14-2011, 09:43 PM
new start.
Yep. "Another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into." The present course is disastrous. The muslims do not value life as we do. They are perfectly willing to wage the war of a thousand cuts.

If we want to win this, it is total warfare. That means those who assist them get leveled as well. I am including ANY nation that assists these cockroaches in any way. We have neither the will or conviction to win this.

lacarnut
02-14-2011, 10:13 PM
No, I don't. I don't really any gay friends...well, not any that have admitted to it. Tell me what the etc. stands for and then I can see if that's accurate.

I didn't go into this discussion to "win". I came into the discussion because I was angered at the attack in Afghanistan. I seem to have the same point of view on Afghanistan as several other posters here, as evidenced by the "Me too" and "me three" comments, but the only vitriol for such a point of view was directed at me.

Now, I expained how I come by my opinion, which is obviously different than how TRG comes by his opinion.

You of course have added to the discussion with your usual yippie dog "me too" insipidness. I guess that helps the post count, for whatever it's worth. I'm sure some supermod will come along to tell me how nasty I'm being to you. Oh well. Just another Monday.

I understand...you play the victim card very well. Plus, unlike you, I don't need a mod or any one to come to my defense. The only dog in this discussion is you. Valentine's day must have been a bummer for you.

Phillygirl
02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I understand...you play the victim card very well. Plus, unlike you, I don't need a mod or any one to come to my defense. The only dog in this discussion is you. Valentine's day must have been a bummer for you.

Sure you don't. :)

Actually, my Valentine's Day was quite nice. I hope yours was as well.

You may have the last word.

lacarnut
02-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Sure you don't. :)

Actually, my Valentine's Day was quite nice. I hope yours was as well.

You may have the last word.

Mine was fantastic. To add topping on the cake, I got a call from the administrator of my aunt's estate that the lawyers have agreed to quit fighting each other and have settled; the check will be in the mail in about 3 weeks.