PDA

View Full Version : Who? Mitch Daniels Wows Cpac

megimoo
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Daniels at CPAC calls for broad, civil, conservative coalition

Washington, D.C. — Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels Friday summoned frustrated Americans to join together in a broad coalition to set the nation on a healthier fiscal and economic course.

But Daniels, a Republican quietly weighing a presidential candidacy, did so in a cerebral call-to-arms by also asking a select audience of conservatives to welcome non-ideologues into the tent.

“We must be the vanguard of recovery, but we cannot do it alone,” Daniels told about 500 attending a banquet at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C.

“We have learned in Indiana, big change requires big majorities,” the second-term governor and former Bush administration budget director said. “We will need people who never tune in to Rush or Glenn or Laura or Sean. Who surf past C-SPAN to get to SportsCenter. Who, if they’d ever heard of CPAC, would assume it was a cruise ship accessory.”

The references were to conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity. CPAC is the acronym for the three-day conference sponsored by the American Conservative Union, where several of the prospective 2012 GOP presidential candidates have appeared.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2011/02/11/daniels-at-cpac-calls-for-broad-civil-conservative-coalition/

fettpett
02-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I think he's getting ready to jump in...he said he's waiting till April/May to make the decision, but I don't think it will be that long. His biggest hang up is whether his wife Cheri will go through another election. His first one in Indiana was pretty bitter and the first year or two in office were too. But I think he'll will make the jump