PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Queen Stripped of Crown for "Eating One Too Many Tacos"

megimoo
02-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Miss San Antonio sues to keep her crown.

SAN ANTONIO, Tx. -- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- or in the hands of a Texas pageant judge. 17-year-old Domonique Ramirez is the reigning Miss San Antonio, but not for long. She is actually suing to keep her crown from the pageant board who wants to strip away her title.So what did she do? Pose nude? Sex tape? Snort coke? No, she ate one too many tacos and was late. The board is charging Ramirez with "gaining excessive weight, showing up late to official events, and insubordination. The have already moved to give the crown to runner-up Ashley Dixon.

Linda Woods, a spokeswoman for the Brexar County pageant board says, "As a Miss San Antonio reigning queen, she has to live up to our rules and regulations and the standards of our contract."

"She was doing a photo shoot and asked to wear her wardrobe from the competition, but it did not fit her.
I told her we need to get you on an exercise program...... We need to get ready to compete for Miss Texas, just like any elite athlete."....Woods has avoided the weight card but she did tell a local radio station, "I said, you know, 'Get off the tacos, get off the chips and the soda.' Because she's 17, and that's what these kids eat."

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-beauty-queen-too-many-tacos,0,4239653.story

Gingersnap
02-14-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm guessing she ate more than one if her competition wardrobe didn't fit.

Pageants are a business. Winners agree to do a long list of appearances. Winners have to abide by a morals clause. They have to maintain the "image" of the pageant (whatever that may be). They have to dress appropriately in public. None of this stuff is secret - it's all spelled out on the application form.

Her parents had a hard time getting her to events or getting her there on time and they all had a lot of attitude about that (by the gossip accounts). The girl didn't maintain her image (as required by her contract).

Pageants are a lot of work and it usually takes an entire family working to support a pageant contestant in order to pull it off. Nobody thinks pageants are a super part-time hobby.