PDA

View Full Version : @Lanie

Jfor
02-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Do you believe that people should be licensed or have background checks in order to be able to speak?

Madisonian
02-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Do you believe that people should be licensed or have background checks in order to be able to speak?
I don't know about speaking, but we could save a lot of problems and money in this country if they were required to have kids.

lacarnut
02-15-2011, 01:22 PM

Children should be seen but not heard:rolleyes::)

Apache
02-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Children should be seen but not heard:rolleyes::)

tell that to a kindergarden class on field trip....:eek::p

Jfor
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Come on Lanie... Answer the question. Or are you just a troll?

Apache
02-15-2011, 03:50 PM

I'm sure she will when she signs on ;)

Phillygirl
02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Lanie is a lot of things, but she isn't a troll.

Jfor
02-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Lanie is a lot of things, but she isn't a troll.

You sure about that?

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=37000

djones520
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
You sure about that?

Quite sure.

Rockntractor
02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
She is just a liberal kid with a good heart, we need to keep her here to convince her, ours is a better way.

megimoo
02-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Lanie is a lot of things, but she isn't a troll.Lanie thrives on discourse . She will engage in the most annoyingly obtuse argument just for the sake of it.She's not a troll but rather a confused libertarian of sorts.She will take a position and argue it for several hundred pages.

fettpett
02-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Lanie thrives on discourse . She will engage in the most annoyingly obtuse argument just for the sake of it.She's not a troll but rather a confused libertarian of sorts.She will take a position and argue it for several hundred pages.

and only will reply to posts that she finds "interesting" I've called her out on a post and didn't get a response till I commented on it in the TD...really annoying.

JB
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Come on Lanie... Answer the question. Or are you just a troll?Dude...the last time she was logged on was 5:27 PM Yesterday. You started this thread today.

You look like a tool with this post.

Lanie a troll. That's funny. She'll get a kick out of that.

Phillygirl
02-15-2011, 06:18 PM
You sure about that?

Yeah, I'm sure. She started a thread to ask questions so that she could provide evidence of a statement she apparently made in another thread.

Is that good empirical statistical evidence? Probably not. Did it get discussion going? Yeah, and I'll probably read the thread now (which I wouldn't have otherwise).

This place doesn't have a quote notification thingy, so sometimes it's hard to know to go back and answer people that have responded to you. And as others have pointed out, it seems that she hasn't logged in today.

As I said, she's a lot of things (not a libertarian, though), but she's not a troll.

megimoo
02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I'm sure. She started a thread to ask questions so that she could provide evidence of a statement she apparently made in another thread.

Is that good empirical statistical evidence? Probably not. Did it get discussion going? Yeah, and I'll probably read the thread now (which I wouldn't have otherwise).

This place doesn't have a quote notification thingy, so sometimes it's hard to know to go back and answer people that have responded to you. And as others have pointed out, it seems that she hasn't logged in today.

As I said, she's a lot of things (not a libertarian, though), but she's not a troll.I said "of Sorts" !

Phillygirl
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
I said "of Sorts" !

Sure, it's got the same letters...Liberal

MrsSmith
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM

Lanie has been around for a long, long time. She actually makes a lot more sense now than when she first started posting, under a different name. :):)

Lanie
02-15-2011, 11:23 PM

No, I do not beat my wife. Goodnight.

Kay
02-15-2011, 11:24 PM
This place doesn't have a quote notification thingy, so sometimes it's hard to know to go back and answer people that have responded to you.

Actually it does. You can subscribe to the thread and it will
alert you when a new post is made to that conversation.
When you type a post, before submitting, look under the
type box at additional options, and the middle one says
"notification type". Check instant email.

Rockntractor
02-15-2011, 11:25 PM
No, I do not beat my wife. Goodnight.

Hey we didn't all say that, I have hope for you!:D
Your'e not coming out of the closet are you?:eek:

Lanie
02-15-2011, 11:33 PM
and only will reply to posts that she finds "interesting" I've called her out on a post and didn't get a response till I commented on it in the TD...really annoying.

Fettpett, I don't mean to be a bitch, but I have a life. I don't always go back to look for responses after a while. That's because if I keep responding back (i.e. keep arguing for the sake of arguing), then the thread will never end. I like to come in, listen to what the other people had to say, make my own points, read more responses, make some more points or agree, but after a while I like to walk away from an argument. I'm a liberal on a conservative board. There will always be somebody wanting to argue back with me. It's not fair to say that I have to respond to every last comment.

I used to spend hours on the boards, and I found it to be really unhealthy for me. I can't go back to that.

I will answer the baiting question since I've been accused of being a troll. No, I don't think people need a license to speak. Obviously, words don't kill people, so it doesn't matter if a criminal has that right.

Lanie
02-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Hey we didn't all say that, I have hope for you!:D

And I really appreciate people's comments here. :)

Your'e not coming out of the closet are you?:eek:

Nah, I came out of the nutcase closet a long time ago. lol.

Night night.

MountainMan
02-15-2011, 11:39 PM

You sure about that?

http://rlv.zcache.com/heidegger_thinks_youre_a_tool_tshirt-p23569674281952076227qj0_400.jpg

Phillygirl
02-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Actually it does. You can subscribe to the thread and it will
alert you when a new post is made to that conversation.
When you type a post, before submitting, look under the
type box at additional options, and the middle one says
"notification type". Check instant email.

Thanks. I've never subscribed to a thread before. On some other forums there's an automatic check off on your profile where it will notify you if you've been "quoted".