PDA

View Full Version : 30K thousand people at Madisson... read that again

SarasotaRepub
02-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh Noooes!!! It's Egypt all over again!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x433460) :eek:

nadinbrzezinski (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-16-11 09:09 PM
Original message 30K thousand people at Madisson... read that again

30K people...

People who did not go home, people who slept in the State Rotunda.... it HAS started folks... we are now at the leading edge of this.

Attention Linda Numbers!!!! :D

Novaheart
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Oh Noooes!!! It's Egypt all over again!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x433460) :eek:

Where is Madison?

djones520
02-16-2011, 09:23 PM
30,000,000 people? Damn, that was a lot. Why were they there? What were they doing? Why weren't they going home? Where the hell is Madisson?

Ahhh... apparently it was 30,000 state employees in Wisconsin tossing their hats in to be part of those people who are gonna get layed off instead of having their union shit cut.

SarasotaRepub
02-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Where is Madison?

It's next to da Nile. :D

fettpett
02-17-2011, 08:19 AM
bunch of fucknut teachers that supposedly "care for their students" by leaving them without classes for 2 days now (illegally btw) and have no alternative plans to address the state's money problems

ralph wiggum
02-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Nadin posted another thread where she mis-spelled Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
nadinbrzezinski (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-16-11 04:44 PM
Original message
We are the media; Re Winsconsin
just blogged on it

http://nadinbrzezinski.posterous.com/on-winsconsin

Go at it DU'ers

:rolleyes:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x431188

fettpett
02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
dumbass....ain't much of a blog, part of a paragraph claiming there is no middle class...

Arroyo_Doble
02-17-2011, 09:49 AM
bunch of fucknut teachers that supposedly "care for their students" by leaving them without classes for 2 days now (illegally btw) and have no alternative plans to address the state's money problems

I am hearing that Wisconsin, unlike a lot of states, does not have serious money problems.

This looks like generic union busting. Notice that the police and fire fighters weren't included which shows it is baldly political as opposed to fiscal.

As far as the (continued) attack on the integrity of teachers, like a great many public employees, it is pretty rude to start fucking them over then clutch your pearls when they object.

Bailey
02-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I am hearing that Wisconsin, unlike a lot of states, does not have serious money problems.

This looks like generic union busting. Notice that the police and fire fighters weren't included which shows it is baldly political as opposed to fiscal.

As far as the (continued) attack on the integrity of teachers, like a great many public employees, it is pretty rude to start fucking them over then clutch your pearls when they object.

Poor teachers are asked to start contributing to their pensions and health care (like most private workers) boo fucking hoo.

3.6 billion short fall over 3 years sounds serious to me. Works only 9 months out of the year more boo fucking hoo for them.

On edit: I forgot everyone is against the teachers in this matter so Arroyo Doble jumps in to play the other side, its almost predicable

Arroyo_Doble
02-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Poor teachers are asked to start contributing to their pensions and health care (like most private workers) boo fucking hoo.

I think other matters are in play such as the denial of collective bargaining.

3.6 billion short fall over 3 years sounds serious to me. Works only 9 months out of the year more boo fucking hoo for them.

I don't believe that is accurate.

Here is what the Legislative Fiscal Bureau had to say about it: Link - Warning PDF (http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/2011_01_31Vos&Darling.pdf)

On edit: I forgot everyone is against the teachers in this matter so Arroyo Doble jumps in to play the other side, its almost predicable

Not everyone buys the Fox Limbaugh propaganda about how evil teachers are.

Calypso Jones
02-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Shouldn't that be 30K or 30 Thousand or even 30,000. 30K Thousand sorta says to me 30,000X 30,000.

ralph wiggum
02-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Not everyone buys the Fox Limbaugh propaganda about how evil teachers are.

I listen to Rush quite often, and he doesn't consider teachers "evil". Some of them, certainly. What I believe the problem to be is that thanks to the unions, teachers are automatically granted tenure/promotions/raises without being held to any standards.

linda22003
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM

I see it. Possibly confusing or conflating it with Radisson, the hotel chain? :p

Calypso Jones
02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't necessarily consider teachers evil. Certainly those that are fueling the NEA and teacher movements are suspect. No. I didn't really develop my poor estimation of teachers until i had to deal with them for my three children. They're not end of the world anti christ evil but they're on the road. Especially the university ones.

fettpett
02-17-2011, 10:41 AM

3.6 Billion short fall over the next 3 years including 137 Million this year. Tommy Thompson and Jim Doyle both fucked the state up, now Walker is trying to fix it.

Yeah Firefighters and Police weren't included, but so what? yeah it's union busting in the sense that they are trying to help lower their costs. They can still be in unions they just have to write a check every month instead of it coming out of their check and re-up the union every year. And they aren't forced into the union if they don't want to be in it.

The teachers union hasn't done jack shit to purpose an alternative and all they've done is bitch and stomp their feet like 2 year olds.

hoplophobe
02-17-2011, 11:01 AM
The teachers union hasn't done jack shit to purpose an alternative and all they've done is bitch and stomp their feet like 2 year olds.
It is funny, the QEO they fought so hard to get rid of would have protected them.