PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Urges Google Boycott

Gingersnap
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Glenn Beck Urges Google Boycott

Conservative pundit Glenn Beck said he will no longer use Google or its products because of perceived ties to government agencies and its involvement in the uprising in Egypt, he said on his Fox television program Wednesday.

"I'm really not sure that I want my search engine involved in government overthrows, good or bad," Beck said on his Fox show. "There is a strange thing going on with this search engine and our government. And we all have to choose who we do business with."

However, most of his vitriol was aimed at Google working with "hardcore leftists."

Although Beck said he was not suggesting a boycott, he implored viewers to follow him in his -- well, boycott -- against Google. Beck said he would outline ways that viewers could avoid using Google on his Thursday show.

NBC Bay Area (http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/press-here/Glenn-Beck-Doesnt-Trust-Google-116382729.html?dr)

linda22003
02-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Well, it's nice he has a new hobby, I guess.

Gingersnap
02-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Frankly, I don't care much. Google is undeniably EVIL but so are a lot of Internet companies. I should care but it's just not working for me right this minute.

fettpett
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
bah...I think Beck has too much time on his hands sometimes...hell he was bitching about the players not having their hands over their hearts during the SB...he's got a lot of good info, but he goes off on tangents that don't matter quite often

linda22003
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I'll often tune in to see what the topic of the day's rant is on Fox, but he almost always loses out to the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network. THAT's news I can use.

Calypso Jones
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
they MIGHT be evil. More to the point, they're spies, willingly and efficiently. I began avoiding them years ago and encouraged friends and family to do the same.

it is very satisfying to always be right.:cool:

Gingersnap
02-17-2011, 03:37 PM
they MIGHT be evil. More to the point, they're spies, willingly and efficiently. I began avoiding them years ago and encouraged friends and family to do the same.

it is very satisfying to always be right.:cool:

No, they're evil. :D

Novaheart
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
You're talking about a man who thinks that the Nephites were killed by the Lamanites.

Bailey
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
You're talking about a man who thinks that the Nephites were killed by the Lamanites.

You think being a sexual pervert is ok, so no one is perfect.

Madisonian
02-17-2011, 06:57 PM
No, they're evil. :D

Did you know that evil spelled backwards is live and god spelled backwards is dog, but democrat spelled backwards is tarcomed, which is not a word at all.

malloc
02-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm an IT guy, systems architect and programmer so I can't avoid google. Besides their technology is done right, open and it's just plain great! I can't avoid google, I have a G2, google handles my voicemails, emails, calendar, contacts, everything!

I think in this particular perverse marriage of Google and Big Government people are looking at it from the side. If Google wants to be a douchey libtard company so be it, but the solution isn't to try and make Google change, it's not the people's company so voters have no say in how it's run. The solution is to make government change, because that's how it's supposed to work. We need a government that wouldn't ask Google to spy on it's citizens. So long as people are going to continue to do things like vote for people who continuously rubber stamp the PATRIOT ACT, the paranoiac behavior of Big Government will remain.

Rockntractor
02-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm an IT guy, systems architect and programmer so I can't avoid google. Besides their technology is done right, open and it's just plain great! I can't avoid google, I have a G2, google handles my voicemails, emails, calendar, contacts, everything!

I think in this particular perverse marriage of Google and Big Government people are looking at it from the side. If Google wants to be a douchey libtard company so be it, but the solution isn't to try and make Google change, it's not the people's company so voters have no say in how it's run. The solution is to make government change, because that's how it's supposed to work. We need a government that wouldn't ask Google to spy on it's citizens. So long as people are going to continue to do things like vote for people who continuously rubber stamp the PATRIOT ACT, the paranoiac behavior of Big Government will remain.

The quote was taken out of context, he said he would avoid using them when possible but that he would still have to use them. NBC has trouble with context.

fettpett
02-17-2011, 08:12 PM
The quote was taken out of context, he said he would avoid using them when possible but that he would still have to use them. NBC has trouble with context.

which is nothing new for MSM