PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock takes a swing at the tea party.

Rockntractor
02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
By PATRICK GAVIN | 2/17/11 8:17 AM EST Updated: 2/17/11 12:13 PM EST

In the March issue of Esquire, comedian Chris Rock takes a swing at the tea party.

Rock is interviewed by writer Scott Raab.

"Like many nice Caucasians, I cried the night Barack Obama was elected," said Raab. "It was one of the high points in American history. And all that’s happened since the election is just a sh—storm of hatred. You want to weigh in on that?"

"I actually like it, in the sense that—you got kids?" asked Rock. "Kids always act up the most before they go to sleep. And when I see the Tea Party and all this stuff, it actually feels like racism’s almost over. Because this is the last—this is the act up before the sleep. They’re going crazy. They’re insane. You want to get rid of them—and the next thing you know, they’re f—-ing knocked out. And that’s what’s going on in the country right now."
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1102/chris_rock_disses_the_tea_party_.html

I know we have a few people here that like to post his video's.

Gingersnap
02-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Being interviewed by a self-admitted "nice Caucasian" is like being interviewed by a self-admitted "clean and articulate black".

How much can you expect from either party in that kind race-dance? :confused:

fettpett
02-17-2011, 03:57 PM
he's funny sometimes...unless he's doing comedy he needs to keep his trap shut

lacarnut
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
he's funny sometimes...unless he's doing comedy he needs to keep his trap shut

He is no Richard Pryor

Novaheart
02-17-2011, 04:12 PM
He's no Renata Tebaldi.

Apache
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Another one who has swallowed the MSM's line....

The racism is over line though is too stupid for words... One just has to look to the Left side of the aisle to see that's far from true...:rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
02-17-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hXBg-U-ac

It's racist that a white fella with probably ten years of college can live in the same neighborhood two black millionaires who tell jokes. :rolleyes:

After his first two specials, it was nothing but a bunch of racist shit.

Madisonian
02-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I thought Chris Rock died with Corey Haims and Heath Ledger.

Guess I need to get out more.

Phillygirl
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
I like Chris Rock and usually find him funny.

Rockntractor
02-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I like Chris Rock and usually find him funny.

What do you think about his comment about the Tea partiers?

Phillygirl
02-17-2011, 08:00 PM
What do you think about his comment about the Tea partiers?

I think he's got his head up his rear end for thinking that it has anything to do with racism. If he kept it as a political joke, I would have found the analogy funny.

Rockntractor
02-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I think he's got his head up his rear end for thinking that it has anything to do with racism. If he kept it as a political joke, I would have found the analogy funny.

I don't know why these guys don't just stick to comedy, they have to know this alienates fans.

Phillygirl
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't know why these guys don't just stick to comedy, they have to know this alienates fans.

Oddly enough, I don't think they do. But honestly, most of his stuff does make me laugh. I get that black comedians can say things that white comedians can not. Is that racist? Sure. But it's still usually pretty funny to me. Nothing like Eddie Murphy doing some white boy humor to make me laugh. Possibly because he will also go after black people too...especially the women.

I went to see Wanda Sykes in Annie a few weeks ago. I dislike her politics, but she makes me laugh when she's just doing other comedy.

Phillygirl
02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I thought Chris Rock died with Corey Haims and Heath Ledger.

Guess I need to get out more.

Damn funny.

Articulate_Ape
02-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I suspect that this is more related to CR's foundering career (reliant on Left coast and NYC elites) than it is about what he truly thinks. Sadly the man seems to have more debt than character. And so it goes.

NJCardFan
02-17-2011, 10:54 PM
This meme is getting real tiresome. But to me, it's desperation. They don't have any real argument against us so they trot out the race card. They label the non-minorities as racists and the black Tea Partiers as house slaves or Uncle Tom's. To me, there is no more a racist man who constantly plays the race card.

noonwitch
02-18-2011, 09:01 AM

I don't think that it alienates all that many of Chris Rock's fans. People who are alienated by his political jokes generally are not fans. He's always been a liberal who makes political jokes.

I know the Tea Party movement is not inherently racist, but there is a perception by the vast majority of black americans that it is racist. Not that many black americans watch FOX, so they see how it's portrayed on every other network.

Rebel Yell
02-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I know the Tea Party movement is not inherently racist, but there is a perception by the vast majority of black americans that everything is racist.

fixed;)