PDA

View Full Version : A rant against making people pay for water.

SarasotaRepub
02-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Our old pal White_Wolfy is at DU and make a 1st class ass of himself. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x436612) :D

white_wolf (290 posts) Thu Feb-17-11 09:57 AM
Original message A rant against making people pay for water.http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

Edited on Thu Feb-17-11 10:05 AM by white_wolf
Am i the only who finds this concept inherently fucked up? I mean really were going to cut off people's water supply if they can't pay on time? Its fucking water it should be free to everyone and the same goes for electricity. I have a friend who works for one of those companies and I flat out told her I could never work for a company that makes its money exploiting people and charging them for something so basic. I mean really of all the things that should not be charged money for basic drinking water and power should be on the top of the list right next to the Healthcare. Oh wait this America and "Invisible Hand" can do no wrong here. For the record I should state that I don't think it should be free so much as paid for by taxes and not to line the pockets of some private entity. It should be goverment ran and distributed to everyone and paid for by taxes.

Totally assclown post and even the DUmmies call him on it!!!!

white_wolf (290 posts) Thu Feb-17-11 11:49 AM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x436612#436612)

51. After reading http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gifthe responses to this thread I have to concede that I may have over simplified things a bit. Perhaps I am too idealistic?

No, you're just a moran.

After getting his furry ass handed to him he tucks tail and slinks away...

white_wolf (290 posts) Thu Feb-17-11 03:51 PM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x436612#436612)

83. Okay, so I was wronghttp://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif and wasn't really thinking about the costs involved. Fine, but I still say there is something wrong with denying people water, but I'm done with this thread.

Woof!!!

fettpett
02-17-2011, 07:35 PM
who deny's anyone water? seriously...how much of an idiot is this dude

Novaheart
02-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Our old pal White_Wolfy is at DU and make a 1st class ass of himself. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x436612) :D

!

Now, now, in theory a compassionate society would extend "lifeline" service to each home, the same way we do with telephones. But in reality, water isn't telephones and you can't turn the water on for an emergency supply and then cut it off after each person has had 8 ounces.

What I don't get is the right by which the government can tell me that I can't wash my car with well water (not that I would, because the well water is nasty) or water my lawn with well water.

Articulate_Ape
02-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Stupid leans left.

Articulate_Ape
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Now, now, in theory a compassionate society would extend "lifeline" service to each home, the same way we do with telephones. But in reality, water isn't telephones and you can't turn the water on for an emergency supply and then cut it off after each person has had 8 ounces.

What I don't get is the right by which the government can tell me that I can't wash my car with well water (not that I would, because the well water is nasty) or water my lawn with well water.

You're white_wolf, aren't you?

Novaheart
02-17-2011, 10:26 PM
You're white_wolf, aren't you?

No, I'm Novaheart. It's spelled completely differently so it's a natural mistake on your part.

Rockntractor
02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
No, I'm Novaheart. It's spelled completely differently so it's a natural mistake on your part.

You used to throw something intelligent in every now and then to keep us on our toes, you're due.

Gingersnap
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM

Colorado is riddled with water laws going back well over 100 years. Every drop of water in my state is "owned" before it hits the ground. We just cheat. I use my well for whatever I damn well please and I cache rain water/runoff in violation of state law. Oh, I throw gray water out on my flowers, too.

Take me to prison. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Dear Idealistic Moron,

You're not paying for the water per se. You're paying for the treatment of that water and the subsequent pumping into your house. Believe it or not, that actually costs money to accomplish. But here's an idea. Start digging and when you hit water, buy a water pump and have your own. My in-laws still have well water and don't pay a dime.

Electricity, however, is another matter. Electricity is not free. Electricity, unlike water, isn't flowing all around to be caught in a bucket or other vessel. Electricity must be generated and if you've never been to an electric plant, I suggest you do so because those generators are mighty big. And to generate that kind of power, you know, the electric power to use your computer, for instance, can't be done with mice on wheels. You either need the force of nature, like the water used at Hoover Dam. Or by using nuclear power. Or the most popular fuel to use, coal, doesn't grow on trees. It must be mined and mining is dangerous work. But let's look at other ways to get electric. Let's take the liberal wet dream of wind power. You need lots of windmills and those aren't made with popcicle sticks and paste like you probably made in kindergarten. They are expensive to build and expensive to maintain. But all is not lost. All you need is about $75K for some solar panels and you'll never have to pay for electricity again. So, see? Problem solved.

Yours Truly,

Someone who can give a flip.

SarasotaRepub
02-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Oh, and I have to apologize to White Wolf. I accidentally deleted your account here. WW was mistakenly put into a user group that I use for moderation purposes.

Every now and then I purge that group when it gets too big and Wolfy was in it and got nuked. If you read this feel free to rejoin, your demise here was unintentional.

SR.

Apache
02-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh, and I have to apologize to White Wolf. I accidentally deleted your account here. WW was mistakenly put into a user group that I use for moderation purposes.

Every now and then I purge that group when it gets too big and Wolfy was in it and got nuked. If you read this feel free to rejoin, your demise here was unintentional.

SR.

AH HA an admitted poacher....:p

noonwitch
02-18-2011, 01:01 PM
The water department is the last utility to shut someone off, and they go out of their way to help customers avoid being shut off. Shutting them off and hooking them back up is a pain, it's better for both sides to work out a payment plan.

If the DUmmie went in to the WD office with at least a quarter payment on the total bill, he would probably be able to work something out.

But in Detroit, if someone chooses to use their money to do things other than pay their bills, they can always go bathe in the Detroit River at Belle Isle. It'll be cold right now, and it's not very clean water, but it is free.