PDA

View Full Version : The fabulous 14 Democrats who are inspiring a nation:

Carol
02-17-2011, 07:48 PM
For those not aware of this, this OP is in relation to the Wisconsin Democrats who left work and the state because they are refusing to vote on the measure before the state legislature to change union representation of teachers.

To the DUers these politicians are HEROs because they cut and ran rather than vote on a measure they knew they would lose.

PeaceNikki Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:12 PM
Original message
The fabulous 14 Democrats who are inspiring a nation:

Tim Carpenter
Spencer Coggs
Tim Cullen
Jon Erpenbach
Dave Hansen
Jim Holperin
Robert Jauch
Chris Larson
Julie Lassa
Mark Miller
Fred Risser
Lena Taylor
Kathleen Vinehout
Robert Wirch

We support you and thank you for standing up for all of us! :loveya:

PeaceNikki Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:14 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. From Wonkette:

http://wonkette.com/438483/vigilante-wisconsin-state-se...

UPDATE:

Wisconsin state Democrats who refused to show up for a vote on Governor Walker’s budget repair bill have been located.

The lawmakers are in Rockford, Illinois at the Best Western Clock Tower Resort.

Ooh! What are they up to? Let’s look at this hotel’s website:

Enjoy a great family experience with 65,000 square feet of indoor water park fun at CoCo Key Water Resort and Key Quest Arcade. Day passes are available as well as overnight stay with water park pass packages.

Also at our resort is the SunDial Restaurant and the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery. Visit www.tiltedkiltrockford.com for a list of events and specials at Rockford’s hottest new sports pub!

Getting drunk and floating around one of those “lazy river” things. Not only have Wisconsin Democrats won the Internet, they have won life
I wonder if taxpayers are paying for them to shirk work, and hide out in a resort?

blogslut Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:13 PM
Response to Original message
2. The Fearless Fourteen

I dig them. :)

Windy (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:13 PM
Original message
Profiles in Courage!!!! WTG!!! nt

roguevalley (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:15 PM
Response to Reply #4
6. revolution is good. I salute them all. This is what I have lived to see

happen. I thought I would die in a country where nothing was possible. Now this little spark is lighting the darkness.

PeaceNikki Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:18 PM
Response to Reply #8
11. This list is the 14 Wisconsin State Senators who left the state today to stand with the people.

No quorum, no vote.

Donate to DU and give valentine hearts to your friends! Click here.

AsahinaKimi Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:24 PM
Response to Reply #11
18. OH YEAH!! I HEARD they went to Illinois!!

Edited on Thu Feb-17-11 07:25 PM by AsahinaKimi
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
And yes, Democrats have a history of doing this.

upi402 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-17-11 07:20 PM
Response to Original message
13. And Thanks to Texas Dems in 2004 too...

"Back in May 2003, Republicans in Texas wanted to redo the 2001 redistricting plan to pick up an easy four seats in the House of Representatives. Problem was, just like Fitzgerald and Walker in Wisconsin, they needed a quorum in the legislature to get anything done.

So Texas House Democrats skipped town. "

What the DUers won't report is that the Illinois Tea Party ran the Democrats out of town.

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/02/breaking-wisconsin-dems-hiding-at-best-western-clocktower-in-rockford-il/

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, February 17, 2011, 4:49 PM

Get there—–

The Wisconsin senate democrats fled the state today rather than vote on a budget repair bill.
If you are in the Rockford area please go to the Best Western and record video, take pictures and protest these irresponsible liberal politicians.

WREX: The senators ran to the Clocktower resort in Rockford.

UPDATE: TEA PARTY WINS!!
The Rockford Tea Party just chased the Wisconsin democrats out of the Best Western. They just boarded their bus and are leaving the Best Western!
Run, Libs! Run!

WKOW reported:

Sen. Jon Erpenbach tells 27 News that Democrats are leaving Rockford, Illinois right now. He would not say their destination.

They have been at the Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center in Rockford.

Our sister station in Rockford, WREX spoke with lawmakers there. WREX reports one lawmaker said, “It’s kind of everyone for themselves.” We’ll have a live phone interview with Sen. Erpenbach on 27 News at 5 p.m.

I have video coming of the Rockford tea party members chasing the democrats out of town!!!

I'm sure we can count of liberals to applaud and say that it was a good choice if Republicans cut and run sometime in the future in order to delay a vote on a bill they don't like. Right??:rolleyes:

fettpett
02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/02/17/video-tea-party-activist-confronts-wisconsin-democrats-as-they-flee-illinois-resort/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BigGovernment+(Big+Government)&utm_content=Twitter

Apocalypse
02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Man you can see the absolute look of fear on his face in the vid. He knows he's busted, and running away from what he knows he is to be doing.

AmPat
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
:rolleyes:
For those not aware of this, this OP is in relation to the Wisconsin Democrats who left work and the state because they are refusing to vote on the measure before the state legislature to change union representation of teachers.

To the DUers these politicians are HEROs because they cut and ran rather than vote on a measure they knew they would lose.
I wonder if taxpayers are paying for them to shirk work, and hide out in a resort?
And yes, Democrats have a history of doing this.
What the DUers won't report is that the Illinois Tea Party ran the Democrats out of town.
http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/02/breaking-wisconsin-dems-hiding-at-best-western-clocktower-in-rockford-il/
I'm sure we can count of liberals to applaud and say that it was a good choice if Republicans cut and run sometime in the future in order to delay a vote on a bill they don't like. Right??:rolleyes:

But of course. :rolleyes: DIMS can act like children and criminals when the means justify the ends. The same behavior by Conservatives would be met with outrage and condemnation by all libertards and their media minions. Disgusting hypocrites all.:cool:

fettpett
02-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Man you can see the absolute look of fear on his face in the vid. He knows he's busted, and running away from what he knows he is to be doing.

yeah, it's great :D :D

SarasotaRepub
02-18-2011, 06:49 AM
What a chickenshit widdle ploy and the DUmmies think this is good???

Morons.

hoplophobe
02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
The state senate only needs a quorum for fiscal matters. The GOP majority should have a stack of non fiscal bills ready to go and just start passing laws until the dems come back.

Voter ID and concealed carry would be the 2 I would send thru first.

AmPat
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
The state senate only needs a quorum for fiscal matters. The GOP majority should have a stack of non fiscal bills ready to go and just start passing laws until the dems come back.

Good idea. They should also station the State Police at the doors to issue arrest warrants for their neglect of duties. I hope their is a law against what these retards did.

Wisconsin,
WAKE THE HELL UP AND STOP ELECTING DIMRATS to anything above garbage collector at the town level.:mad:

Apache
02-18-2011, 01:01 PM

I like that track of action...

Teach them to leave town again.

Are these are tthese feckless blobs of politics going to get paid for leaving their jobs?

CueSi
02-18-2011, 01:27 PM

That is actually... a f'ng brilliant idea. I bet Gov. Scott would be crazy enough to encourage this down here in FL. It's funny, people HATE this guy , but love his policies.

<shrug> Whatever, man.

~QC

NJCardFan
02-18-2011, 03:12 PM
The Democrats take their ball and go home, literally cutting and running and these idiots are calling them fearless? Wow, then their definition of fearless is quite different from mine. It would be better if they showed up and voted no.