PDA

View Full Version : This Is How It Starts

Bubba Dawg
02-18-2011, 07:52 PM
In the newly freed democratic paradise of Tunisia:

Tunisian police have dispersed dozens of Islamists demanding the closure of a brothel in the capital Tunis.

The police reportedly fired in the air to break up the crowd.

'Fascist extremists'

The Islamist protesters rallied outside the interior ministry in Tunis, following Friday prayers.
map

"There were several dozen riot police who shut off entry to the neighbourhood. They fired in the air to break up the crowd," eyewitness Mourad Barhoumi was quoted as saying by Reuters.

He added that the protesters did not want to go until a military official announced that the brothel had been shut.

The government has not publicly confirmed the closure.

Unconfirmed reports say at least three people were injured during the demonstration.

The rally is seen by some analysts as the latest sign of Islamists organising in Tunisia after the departure of Mr Ben Ali.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12512406

Also in Tunisia:

Later on Friday, a Polish priest was found dead with his throat slit near the capital.

Officials said Marek Rybinski, 34, was discovered in the garage of a religious school in Manouba, where he worked.

Tunisia's interior ministry said it believed the killing was the work of a "group of fascist extremists", judging by the way it was carried out.

In a statement, it said those responsible were trying to further destabilise the country.

No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the priest's murder

Odysseus
02-18-2011, 08:38 PM
In the newly freed democratic paradise of Tunisia:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12512406

Also in Tunisia:

And, once they get to vote on a government, it will be downhill from there. People don't grasp that the Muslim Brotherhood is perfectly happy to participate in elections, until they win. After that, they never have them again. People who don't have a history of self-government are just as likely to vote their liberties away as do anything else.

Bubba Dawg
02-18-2011, 11:29 PM
And, once they get to vote on a government, it will be downhill from there. People don't grasp that the Muslim Brotherhood is perfectly happy to participate in elections, until they win. After that, they never have them again. People who don't have a history of self-government are just as likely to vote their liberties away as do anything else.

That is my concern as well.

A small but motivated, and organized, group can have a disproportionate effect on the political process in a country where there is no longer a strong central government.

enslaved1
02-19-2011, 12:14 AM
That is my concern as well.

A small but motivated, and organized, group can have a disproportionate effect on the political process in a country where there is no longer a strong central government.

That's the problem we have here. The foundations of our strong central government has been trashed by open attacks, apathy, and greed, and we get small loud groups having very disproportionate affects on laws. (unions, tree huggers, anti-white folk groups, ect) It's only worse with a blossoming government.

Wei Wu Wei
02-19-2011, 01:13 AM

the irony

this is why i love this forum

Rockntractor
02-19-2011, 01:20 AM
the irony

Don't play dumb Weible, I give you more credit then that.

MrsSmith
02-19-2011, 08:56 AM
the irony

this is why i love this forumSuch a sad truth, those that do not understand liberty often vote for slavery...exactly as so many of our Democrats vote today.

Apache
02-19-2011, 09:36 AM
the irony

Moron.

again...

Bubba Dawg
02-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Moron.

again...

Ditto.

Bubba Dawg
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM
I watched Anderson Cooper for a while last night. He seems to be quite a cheerleader for the so-called pro-democracy protesters.

He either has not conception of what happens next or he doesn't care.

Odysseus
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
the irony

And just what do you find ironic? That a Muslim extremist group may be popular enough to win a working majority or plurality in a region that has no experience with self rule, or that once in power, they systematically purge all opposition and run a theocratic totalitarian state? Hamas, which is a Muslim Brotherhood franchise, won enough seats in Gaza to form the government there. They then purged the Fatah members, first from the government, then from the living. There will never be a free election in Gaza again, although there may be elections in which only those candidates vetted by Hamas can participate, just as Iran only permits those candidates vetted by the mullahs, and even then doesn't abide by the results.

But, you have implied that my statement is ironic. By all means, educate us on how that irony works, Wei.

Don't play dumb Weible, I give you more credit then that.

He's not playing.

Apache
02-19-2011, 11:26 PM
He's not playing.

Sad thing is...

You're right :(