PDA

View Full Version : 64% of American's against Public employee unions

fettpett
02-19-2011, 12:49 AM
http://www.laborunionreport.com/portal/2011/02/64-of-voters-oppose-government-employee-unions/

Ouch! 64% of Voters Oppose Government Employee Unions
February 19, 2011 By Editor
WASHINGTON, Feb. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — As President Obama has joined the political battle in Wisconsin that pits Republican Gov. Scott Walker against public employee unions, a nationwide Clarus Poll finds that a substantial majority of Americans believe government employees should not be able to belong to labor unions.

In the Clarus Poll, sixty-four percent of voters polled said government employees should not be represented by unions. Twenty-nine percent of voters said government employees should be represented by labor unions that bargain for higher pay, benefits and pensions.
The survey, conducted by the nonpartisan Clarus Research Group, found that
There is a deep partisan divide on the issue. Republicans and independents oppose government employee unionization.
Only 10% of Republicans and 23% of independents think public employees should be represented by unions. On the other hand, 49% of Democrats do so.
Voters in the Northeast were most supportive of public employee unionization (42%) and the South was least favorable (24%).
“As pressures to cut state and federal budgets intensify, government employee unions are likely to become a major issue in the 2012 election,” said Ron Faucheux, President of Clarus Research Group.
The survey was taken by Clarus Research Group, a nonpartisan polling firm based in Washington, D.C., Feb. 4-8, 2011 of a representative, nationwide sample of 1,001 registered voters. Interviewing was conducted by live telephone calls. The margin of error is +/-3.1 percent.
Poll questioned asked: “Do you think government employees should be represented by labor unions that bargain for higher pay, benefits and pensions… or do you think government employees should not be represented by labor unions?”
via PRNewswire-USNewswire.

no surprise there, and I'm with them. They are employees of the taxpayers, hell private sector unions are easier to deal with than these clowns

PoliCon
02-19-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd love to see a law passed banning all public sector unions effective immediately.

megimoo
02-19-2011, 01:08 AM
I'd love to see a law passed banning all public sector unions effective immediately.all Unions including your own ?

PoliCon
02-19-2011, 01:11 AM
all Unions including your own ?

Do you ever pay attention to what people post?:rolleyes: Including the union I am forced to be a member of - yes.

Rockntractor
02-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Do you ever pay attention to what people post?:rolleyes: Including the union I am forced to be a member of - yes.

Don't they charge you half price?:confused:

megimoo
02-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Do you ever pay attention to what people post?:rolleyes: Including the union I am forced to be a member of - yes.I don't consider you human !

PoliCon
02-19-2011, 01:19 AM
I don't consider you human !

That's okay. I'm convinced you're semi retarded pothead.

Rockntractor
02-19-2011, 01:21 AM
That's okay. I'm convinced you're semi retarded pothead.

And let me guess, your a Christian.:rolleyes:

megimoo
02-19-2011, 01:26 AM
That's okay. I'm convinced you're semi retarded pothead.Never tried the stuff...You?

Starbuck
02-19-2011, 01:16 PM
JFK just had no idea what he was visiting upon the country when he signed off allowing public employees to unionize.

And while I'm at it!....I understand why a State Department or military career may end after 20 years. Those people can be called upon to work night and day and are out of the country doing whatever for most of their careers.
But Teachers?!! Why, oh why do teachers retire after 20 years? The average woman now lives to be 80, teachers retire at 45, so they're going to be retired for 35 years??!! On average? Grow up, teachers. What you do is just a job, that's all. Like everyone else in America.

lacarnut
02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I'd love to see a law passed banning all public sector unions effective immediately.

Better not make that remark where you work unless you want to get your pint sized ass kicked.

PoliCon
02-19-2011, 04:44 PM
JFK just had no idea what he was visiting upon the country when he signed off allowing public employees to unionize.

And while I'm at it!....I understand why a State Department or military career may end after 20 years. Those people can be called upon to work night and day and are out of the country doing whatever for most of their careers.
But Teachers?!! Why, oh why do teachers retire after 20 years? The average woman now lives to be 80, teachers retire at 45, so they're going to be retired for 35 years??!! On average? Grow up, teachers. What you do is just a job, that's all. Like everyone else in America.

Ah! but you see you're missing part of the gimmick with teachers retiring. They retire from teaching at 45 - collect their pension - then go into administration or work in the bureaucracy or for the union or as a professor and collect their pension AND a salary.

Now - in defense - teachers do have to take work home with us - we have to make lessons, correct papers/tests - deal with little bastards constantly in our classrooms without being able to offer any kind of real correction for their horrible behavior AND deal with their even more ridiculous parents who think that little johnny is pure and innocent and without fault while in reality the little turd is a total worthless bastard. . . . it's not easy.

Rockntractor
02-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Ah! but you see you're missing part of the gimmick with teachers retiring. They retire from teaching at 45 - collect their pension - then go into administration or work in the bureaucracy or for the union or as a professor and collect their pension AND a salary.

Now - in defense - teachers do have to take work home with us - we have to make lessons, correct papers/tests - deal with little bastards constantly in our classrooms without being able to offer any kind of real correction for their horrible behavior AND deal with their even more ridiculous parents who think that little johnny is pure and innocent and without fault while in reality the little turd is a total worthless bastard. . . . it's not easy.

I guess you think everyone else's job is just 9-5. Yeah, life is perfect for the rest of us, everyone smiles, is considerate, and cooperative everyday of the year, I'm so glad I don't have to teach and give up this utopia!:rolleyes:

Starbuck
02-19-2011, 06:11 PM

No one's work is easy. Many of us take work home with us and many more of us never left work because we were on the road. At least that was the case for me. I'm a retired salesman.

And most of all, the teachers knew the routine when they became teachers. They knew the pay, the schedule, the whole deal.
I know little Johnny is a pain. That's why I'm not a teacher. And I completely agree that parents are a major problem - in all sorts of ways - for teachers. I sympathize with teachers. But I see no reason to provide them with a pension after 20 years. 35 maybe, not 20.

And I know this is gonna sting teachers a little, but I will say, "If teachers are so smart, why don't they arrange their finances so that they can retire when they want?"
Everyone, it seems, is sitting around waiting for someone else to pay them a pension and say, "It's OK to go home, now." And I think that is a serious mistake. Everyone should take charge themselves.

Novaheart
02-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Never tried the stuff...You?

Makes me paranoid.

Novaheart
02-19-2011, 06:53 PM

My dad went to Cuba or the West Coast every now and then, a trip or two to the Far East, but by and large his entire career was in the Washington Navy Yard, each day starting and stopping on time.

I always laughed at the notion of Washington being a "temporary assignment" , an excuse to not pay Virginia or Maryland taxes. Military people in DC are about as temporary as your average oak tree.