PDA

View Full Version : Unions Preparing General Strike in Wisconsin?

megimoo
02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Remember that public-sector strikes are illegal in Wisconsin; it’s why a few doctors have been holding open-air clinics in Madison to give out notes excusing protestors from work.... Unions in Madison now propose to drop the pretense and declare wildcat strikes if the legislature passes the budget-repair bill that will limit collective bargaining and transform the public sector workplace into open shops:
snip
There are a couple of caveats to this movement, however. First, the unions want assurances from locals outside of Madison that they will follow suit. If other locals have the same kind of suicidal enthusiasm, then the strike will move forward. If not, then this is just talk.

And by suicidal, I mean an end to unions and the jobs that get left unattended. After this confrontation, Walker will no doubt want to soothe ruffled feathers, but he’s not about to have unions hold the legislative process and his agenda hostage.
snip
The unions proposing this idea concede that they will need time to “educate the public” about the reason for their illegal actions, but this part in particular is educational enough, emphasis mine:

Aniel said the group would make sure all emergency services would continue throughout the state.”What we have to do is to make sure all essential services to people are provided,” said Aniel. “Then we’ll determine what other entities deserve those services.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/22/unions-preparing-general-strike-in-wisconsin/

fettpett
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
IF they do this, Walker better have the balls to fire them all

PoliCon
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM

And I hope he does fire them all. :)

Novaheart
02-22-2011, 08:23 PM

He'll look cute in tar and feathers, kind of like a simple minded looking version of Big Bird.

fettpett
02-22-2011, 08:52 PM
He'll look cute in tar and feathers, kind of like a simple minded looking version of Big Bird.

don't you see that every day when you look in the mirror?

CueSi
02-22-2011, 09:44 PM

Not with popular opinion behind him, he won't. I'm sorry darlin', the unions stepped in it and have lost the public.

~QC

megimoo
02-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Not with popular opinion behind him, he won't. I'm sorry darlin', the unions stepped in it and have lost the public.

~QCEveryone's hurting and the unions are claiming special privileges !

Kay
02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
They should fire them all and start taking applications for non-union openings.
They would be flooded from all over with applicants that could start right away
at a savings. Then all those idiot union members out there blindly forking over
thousands in dues and doing the union's bidding, suddenly finding themselves
unemployed need to turn on their handlers and leave them hanging on pikes at
the edge of town for the buzzards to eat. I hope this is the death toll for unions.

Novaheart
02-22-2011, 10:30 PM

~QC

61% for the employees
37% for the governor
2% smoked too much angel duthst.

Apocalypse
02-22-2011, 11:11 PM
61% for the employees
37% for the governor

Lets look at the polls

February 4-8 by Clarus Research Group among 1,001 registered voters.

Do you think government employees should be represented by labor unions that bargain for higher pay, benefits and pensions, or do you think government employees should not be represented by labor unions?

Should 29%
Should not 64%

Pew Research survey,

Americans perceive unions effect on;
"workplace productivity" (34 percent positive, 30 percent negative)
"availability of goods jobs in America" (32 percent positive, 33 percent negative)
"ability of American companies to compete globally"" (24 percent positive, 36 percent negative).

Gallup survey

The ongoing controversy in Wisconsin, concerned whether labor unions should have more, less or the same influence as they have today.

40% want to see unions have less influence,
29% want unions to have more influence
27% want it to stay the same.

Rasmussen Reports

48% of Likely U.S. Voters agree more with the Republican governor in his dispute with union workers. Thirty-eight percent (38%) agree more with the unionized public employees, while 14% are undecided.

Thirty-eight percent (38%) of voters think teachers, firemen and policemen should be allowed to go on strike, but 49% disagree and believe they should not have that right. Thirteen percent (13%) are not sure.

Thirty-six percent (36%) of all voters say that in their state the average public employee earns more than the average private sector worker. Twenty-one percent (21%) say the government employee earns less, while 20% think their pay is about the same. Twenty-three percent (23%) are not sure.

megimoo
02-26-2011, 08:22 AM
61% for the employees
37% for the governor
2% smoked too much angel duthst.Hey Novie your data is as usual full of crap !

txradioguy
02-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey Novie your data is as usual full of crap !

Gotta remember that Nova is part of that 2% mentioned in his stats.

Wei Wu Wei
02-26-2011, 09:31 AM

~QC

You really do genuinely believe the Fox and Friends morning polls don't you?

Bailey
02-26-2011, 09:38 AM

more then what you pull out of your boy toy nova's Ass.

AmPat
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
You really do genuinely believe the Fox and Friends morning polls don't you?What do you believe and where do you get your data?

Unions had a lace in the past. They are the biggest source of the problem today. Let them strike. I would love to see them fired and let those who have tasted unemployment step in to fill the vacancies.

Apache
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
What do you believe and where do you get your data?

Unions had a lace in the past. They are the biggest source of the problem today. Let them strike. I would love to see them fired and let those who have tasted unemployment step in to fill the vacancies.

The only thing Unions are now is a fund raising machine for the likes of wheezews... They serve no purpose for the average American or America...

Zathras
02-26-2011, 10:50 AM

Well I guess that makes you the only simple minded person here since you're the only one to think of it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/462.jpg

NJCardFan
02-26-2011, 12:59 PM
61% for the employees
37% for the governor
I see you found a poll taken amongst unionized employees.

Nubs
02-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Please go wildcat. Employers are just waiting for them to pull this stunt.

txradioguy
02-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Please go wildcat. Employers are just waiting for them to pull this stunt.

And there are a LOT of people who've been unemployed for a long time willing to jump in and take those jobs too I bet.

Adam Wood
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Nova and wee-wee, no matter how many treadmarks there are on your respective cranks, the simple fact is that the public is overwhelmingly against these union thugs. I know that you really hate to hear that, but that's reality.

If this union shit were so wonderful and popular, then why is union membership dwindling so quickly? Note: "evil Republicans taking away the unions" is not a valid answer. People have free choice to join a union in most states, and they decide that they don't want to fund the union thugs and the Democrats (which the Democrats have admitted they have been doing all along with union dues), then that's the individual's choice.

Remember that? "Choice?" That's suddenly bad, just like "democracy," apparently, when it is actually applied to Democrats and liberals.

Anyone besides me remember how awful it was that TEA Party protesters were actually in the Capitol Rotunda and challenging lawmakers? Suddenly, this thuggery of trashing the joint is seen as some sort of "freedom march" by historical-revisionist Leftists. Everyone act surprised!

CueSi
02-27-2011, 02:19 PM

I don't even get up early enough to watch Fox and friends, you condescending jackass.

Before you bitch about my response, I know what you were trying to do you fuckhole.

I hope you get beaned by a flock of angry pigeons.

~QC