PDA

View Full Version : Snowstorms are nothing to do with global warming - NOAA

Sonnabend
02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
And yet another warmenista lie is debunked.

After a series of record-setting snowstorms hit the mid-Atlantic region this winter, some people asked NOAA if humans could somehow be to blame. Specifically, they wanted to know if human-induced global warming could have caused the snowstorms due to the fact that a warmer atmosphere holds more water vapor.

The CSI Team’s analysis indicates that’s not likely. They found no evidence — no human “fingerprints” — to implicate our involvement in the snowstorms. (http://www.climatewatch.noaa.gov/2010/articles/forensic-meteorology-solves-the-mystery-of-record-snows/all/1/) If global warming was the culprit, the team would have expected to find a gradual increase in heavy snowstorms in the mid-Atlantic region as temperatures rose during the past century. But historical analysis revealed no such increase in snowfall. Nor did the CSI team find any indication of an upward trend in winter precipitation along the eastern seaboard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_seaboard).

No doubt our non qualified and non peer reviewed troll Wilbur will find fault here...the fact is that day by day, the lies of the AGW doomsayers are being torn to shreds.

Wei Wu Wei
02-24-2011, 01:21 PM
SO the NOAA is an acceptable source?

Apache
02-24-2011, 01:43 PM

And who, praytell, do you have?

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Father Wilbur we have a global warming, catastrophic climate changing, climate weirdness heresy in the CU Weather Channel!:eek:

Sonnabend
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM

We know that you and wilbur have no scientific credentials, so yes.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
At this point the people who invented Global Warming Theology could denounce it, publicly admit that it was a scam to sell books and win department chairmanships, and the GWT devotees would simply accuse those people of having gone over to the Sith. The devotees, let's call them Climentologists, have too much invested in the belief system to give it up simply because there is no factual or historical support for it. Don't we know enough about how religions work to realize that they won't give up Global Warming Theology until some new prophet comes up with a new religion for them?

Gingersnap
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
It does fill that pesky religious vacuum. You have an overarching explanation for Everything, including the evilness of human nature. You have a set of virtues and vices. You have absolution (in the form of carbon credits), fasting and abstinence (in the form of recycling, becoming vegan, and "reusing"), you've got sin, you've got redemption, and you've got a personal piety movement.

You just don't have any way of achieving an actual or emotional immortality.

I expect the very same conditions will shortly be turned toward physical "health". The planet is too big and impersonal but your government, employer, and dating prospects will have better luck with the Cult of Health.

It has the advantage of visual sin. ;)

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 08:38 PM
It does fill that pesky religious vacuum. You have an overarching explanation for Everything, including the evilness of human nature. You have a set of virtues and vices. You have absolution (in the form of carbon credits), fasting and abstinence (in the form of recycling, becoming vegan, and "reusing"), you've got sin, you've got redemption, and you've got a personal piety movement.

I expect the very same conditions will shortly be turned toward physical "health". The planet is too big and impersonal but your government, employer, and dating prospects will have better luck with the Cult of Health.

Interesting, the higher power would be 'The Great Single Payer' from whom all health and well being flows.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM

All good points. In addition, Global Warming Theology has saints, signs, and miracles.

The saints would be the people who drive their aging Subarus to crucify themselves symbolically on trees in old growth forests, with an ample supply of freeze dried foods, and injected plastic Bear Ball, and an iPod to make the wait bearable. The signs, well they are all around us as clear as the End Of The World nuts ever dared to be. The miracles would be the magical "alternative energy" sources which are going to take us off coal, gas, oil, and nuclear while not killing or inconveniencing fish or birds.

Gingersnap
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Interesting, the higher power would be 'The Great Single Payer' from whom all health and well being flows.

Not at all. The Single Payer System would fulfill the role of clergy. Well being and health would flow from a strict adherence to the writings of the various Prophets: Low Fat, Whole Grain, Yoga, Cardio, and Organic. :p

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM

Single Payer isn't religion, single payer is real.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM

And so is the tooth fairy.
Wait, you know that, you dated him!:confused:

Gingersnap
02-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Like I said, Single Payer is just the preisthood.

Zathras
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
And so is the tooth fairy.
Wait, you know that, you dated him!:confused:

No he didn't...Dwane Johnson is straight.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
No he didn't...Dwane Johnson is straight.

That wasn't the real tooth fairy!:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
02-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Lose the sex and embrace the religion (of AGW, that is). Let's stay on topic.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Lose the sex and embrace the religion (of AGW, that is). Let's stay on topic.

Another thread dies the death.

Gingersnap
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Another thread dies the death.

Oh, be nice. Not every thread has to be fueled by sexual speculation. :p

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Oh, be nice. Not every thread has to be fueled by sexual speculation. :p

That coming from you?:confused::D

Gingersnap
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
That coming from you?:confused::D

I can't help my nature - I'm hot. You people....well, words fail most of the time. :p

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 11:46 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/thambulance.gif
I don't know if I can save this thread it looks serious!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Animated_CPR.gif

jediab
02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I can't help my nature - I'm hot. You people....well, words fail most of the time. :p

Wow that was a burn to the entire CU board membership. Well done! :D