PDA

View Full Version : That's it, I am Jewish and I have fucking had it with Glenn Beck.

Carol
02-23-2011, 10:23 PM
If liberals want respect they need to start showing respect.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x494674)

jillan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-23-11 08:57 PM
Original message
That's it, I am Jewish and I have fucking had it with Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck Smears 35 Percent Of American Jews
February 22, 2011 6:04 pm ET by Jeremy Schulman

Last month, 400 rabbis signed an open letter from Jewish Funds For Justice to Rupert Murdoch requesting that Glenn Beck be sanctioned for his false claims that George Soros collaborated with the Nazis.

Today, rather than apologizing, Beck lashed out at the rabbis. Beck falsely claimed that "all" of the rabbis who signed the letter came from the Reform movement of Judaism. Beck asserted that Reform Judaism is "more about politics" than about faith. Beck went on to liken Reform Judaism to "radicalized Islam."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102220038

FUCK YOU BECK - You don't hear ME on the airwaves saying anything about your religion, Mormonism - you are a PIECE OF DRECK - and FUCK Murdoch and Ailes for keeping you on the air.

I frequently do not agree with Glenn Beck, and I don't agree with his likening the liberal Jewish voting block to "radicalized Islam" (I don't agree with likening any group to that), however for liberals to be OUTRAGED about his remarks takes a special kind of hypocrisy known only to liberals.

fascisthunter Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-23-11 08:59 PM
Response to Original message
1. he's trying to divide americans against americans

we adults need to stop tolerating people like him and FOX. As far as I am concerned, political propaganda used to tear a country apart should be banned.

Someday we will see all good folks come together from all backgrounds in protest of this man, his ilk and tactics, it's inevitable.Unless it's liberals commenting about conservative Christians, that is.

jillan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-23-11 09:01 PM
Response to Original message
4. Even his buddy Abe Foxman, the head of the ADL demanded an apology.

The Anti-Defamation League, the Jewish organization normally in the lead on issues of anti-Semitism and the use of Nazi imagery, criticized the timing of the ad and its singling out of political conservatives. But ADL chief Abraham Foxman was quick to denounce Beck’s latest comments and demand an apology.

“To compare Reform Judaism, which supports democratic institutions, to Islamic extremism, which supports anti-democratic movements and the repression of basic rights - including, for example, the denial of women’s rights - is beyond the pale,” Foxman said. “Glenn Beck has no right to discount the faith of any people, and he should think twice before commenting on something he doesn’t know much about. He owes the Reform movement an apology.”Let's change that a little. "To compare conservative Christians, which supports democratic institutions to Islamic extremism, which supports anti-democratic movements and the repression of basic rights - including, for example, the denial of women’s rights - is beyond the pale,” Foxman said. “Glenn Beck has no right to discount the faith of any people, and he should think twice before commenting on something he doesn’t know much about. He owes the conservative Christian movement an apology.”

Liberals agree with Foxman about liberal Jews, what is different about conservative Christians?

And right on cue:

Raksha Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU! Wed Feb-23-11 09:15 PM
Response to Reply #4
12. Yep, that was an amazing display of ignorance as well as bigotry.

“To compare Reform Judaism, which supports democratic institutions, to Islamic extremism, which supports anti-democratic movements and the repression of basic rights - including, for example, the denial of women’s rights - is beyond the pale,” Foxman said. “Glenn Beck has no right to discount the faith of any people, and he should think twice before commenting on something he doesn’t know much about. He owes the Reform movement an apology.”

Absolutely true. There is no way you can compare Reform Judaism, with its commitment to liberal values and social justice, with ANY high-control theocratic religion--including fundamentalist Christianity and Mormonism.

Novaheart
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Glenn Beck being a Scientologist is in conflict with his job. Scientologists don't read newspapers.

MountainMan
02-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Actually, Glenn was right on about reformed Jews. They are overwhelming less religious then their orthodox brethren. They are also way more leftist too.

Michael Medved, who is orthodox Jew himself, has posted the information before. I will see if I could find it. His friend, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, has a pretty funny saying about his religion. He says " People shouldn't worry about Jews and their intelligence. The fact that the vote overwhelmingly democratic should prove to anyone that Jews aren't the masterminds they think we are".

Rockntractor
02-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Glenn Beck being a Scientologist is in conflict with his job. Scientologists don't read newspapers.

Funny.

Madisonian
02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
CHange Glen Beck to Helen Thomas and the DUpes would be falling over themselves in agreement with her.

With DUmmies, it is never the message that is important, it is the messenger.

Zathras
02-24-2011, 01:19 AM

ah, yet again the Faux Conservative pulls shit out of his ass with no proof to back it up.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 01:21 AM
ah, yet again the Faux Conservative pulls shit out of his ass with no proof to back it up.

Even the guy under the rock in the Geico commercial knows Beck is a Mormon.

fettpett
02-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Even the guy under the rock in the Geico commercial knows Beck is a Mormon.

HAHAAH, yeah, he's talked about his conversion to Mormonism on his show, particularly in the early days (2001-2002) don't listen or watch him much anymore but he's a pretty devout Mormon.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 10:33 AM

You really are a moron. It was a joke.

movie buff
02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
"he's trying to divide americans against americans"
Oh, you mean kind of like what you DUmmies do on a daily basis?

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
You really are a moron. It was a joke.

You need to include some sort of hint toward humor, something relative to the subject, keep trying.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
HAHAAH, yeah, he's talked about his conversion to Mormonism on his show, particularly in the early days (2001-2002) don't listen or watch him much anymore but he's a pretty devout Mormon.

Beck isn't a convert, he was born a Moron.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM
You need to include some sort of hint toward humor, something relative to the subject, keep trying.

That's like telling the subjects who is on the placebo.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 10:46 AM

I said hint, A placebo is designed to keep you in the dark, with humor no one will laugh unless they are aware of humor.

fettpett
02-24-2011, 10:47 AM

ahh...no, he converted. he's talked about it, he was raised Catholic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck

Glenn Edward Lee Beck was born in Everett, Washington, to William and Mary Beck, who lived in Mountlake Terrace, Washington.[7] The family later moved to Mount Vernon, Washington,[8] where they owned and operated City Bakery in the downtown area.[9] He is descended from German immigrants who came to the United States in the 1800s.[10] Beck was raised as a Roman Catholic and attended Immaculate Conception Catholic School in Mount Vernon.

This was followed by Beck going on a "spiritual quest" where he "sought out answers in churches and bookstores."[18] As Beck later recounted in his books and stage performances, his first attempt at self-education involved six wide-ranging authors, comprising what Beck jokingly calls "the library of a serial killer": Alan Dershowitz, Pope John Paul II, Adolf Hitler, Billy Graham, Carl Sagan, and Friedrich Nietzsche.[18][20] During this time, Beck's Mormon friend and former radio partner Pat Gray argued in favor of the "comprehensive worldview" offered by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, an offer that Beck rejected until a few years later.[18]

In 1999, Beck married his second wife, Tania.[18] After they went looking for a faith on a church tour together, they [18] joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in October 1999, partly at the urging of his daughter Mary.[22][23] Beck was baptized by his old friend, and current-day co-worker Pat Gray.[18] Beck and his current wife have had two children together, Raphe (who is adopted) and Cheyenne. The couple live in New Canaan, Connecticut, with the four children.[24]

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM

If you keep displaying your ignorance in this manner you will convince yourself of how stupid you are.

txradioguy
02-24-2011, 11:06 AM

Glenn Beck is a Mormon you nitwit.

Apache
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Knowing how Mediamatters twists everything out of context, I would like to know what and how this was stated....:rolleyes:

Apache
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM

Keep biting your pillow

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Keep biting your pillow

Peasant.

Zathras
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Peasant.

Yes you are.

Articulate_Ape
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Beck is an operator. If he thought he could make money touting the Liberal mantra, I suspect he would. I'm sorry, he can at times wax eloquent and moving, but so could Harold Hill (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056262/).

Personally, I would rather that we conservatives focused on character rather than characters. The former will get shit done, the latter will sell peanuts to those watching.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Beck is an operator. If he thought he could make money touting the Liberal mantra, I suspect he would. I'm sorry, he can at times wax eloquent and moving, but so could Harold Hill (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056262/).

Personally, I would rather that we conservatives focused on character rather than characters. The former will get shit done, the latter will sell peanuts to those watching.

Glenn Beck is 100% sincere, since there is no test for that it is my opinion.

Articulate_Ape
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM

I agree, my friend. The question is, sincere about what? I'm just sayin'.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I agree, my friend. The question is, sincere about what? I'm just sayin'.

He believes what he says.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM

I'd like to know what percentage of his audience is Mormon, or what percentage of Mormons are in his audience.

I know you think I just want to be nasty, but I really do find it incredible (dictionary meaning) that anyone who is aware of the beliefs that Beck has adopted and confirmed his support for would take him seriously on any other subject.

If Allen West were to hold a conference in which he announced that he had become a Scientologist, would you still think he's a candidate for conservative sainthood? Why are you giving LDS a pass? Because you think they are conservatives?

Articulate_Ape
02-24-2011, 09:03 PM

Fair enough.

Novaheart
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM

So do the martyrs for Islam.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM

How can you make a comparison like that, he has killed or hurt no one, He shares his opinion over television and radio, but like most liberals free speech only applies to you.
Comparisons like that only make you look ignorant.

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Fair enough.

I can understand your skepticism, like Nova mentioned earlier I don't understand how any one can think logically and be a Mormon. In all fairness though there are millions of good people that are Mormons so I guess I have to leave that one alone.

NJCardFan
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Um, no. The Martyrs of Islam are forced into their belief system. Stray from the herd and you are targeted for death. Beck chose his own road and the Catholics didn't target him for death when he turned Mormon. So you're comparison fails.

Now, on a related note, how come no one got this all bent out of shape when Rosie O'Donnel compared Christianity to Radical Islam

Rockntractor
02-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Um, no. The Martyrs of Islam are forced into their belief system. Stray from the herd and you are targeted for death. Beck chose his own road and the Catholics didn't target him for death when he turned Mormon. So you're comparison fails.

Now, on a related note, how come no one got this all bent out of shape when Rosie O'Donnel compared Christianity to Radical Islam

I could care less what she says about anything, why would anyone think she is qualified to have an opinion.

CueSi
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I'd like to know what percentage of his audience is Mormon, or what percentage of Mormons are in his audience.

I know you think I just want to be nasty, but I really do find it incredible (dictionary meaning) that anyone who is aware of the beliefs that Beck has adopted and confirmed his support for would take him seriously on any other subject.

If Allen West were to hold a conference in which he announced that he had become a Scientologist, would you still think he's a candidate for conservative sainthood? Why are you giving LDS a pass? Because you think they are conservatives?

The (conventional) LDS ain't killed no one recently as a body and covered it up, or been accused as doing such...and they don't hide their bad press. It's out there for all to see. The money spent in the LDS isn't a requirement for salvation, the Co$ requires you to buy your way to heaven. The Sea Org owns you with a billion year contract. A (conventional)LDS missionary only works 2 years. That's why I don't worry about the LDS. Scientology probably still practices "Fair Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology))".

The only reason people know the Co$ is as bad as it is is because of the Internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU

Finally... I have been to Clearwater and I have been to Salt Lake City. SLC merely unnerves. Clearwater straight up scares the living shit out of me.

And Glenn Beck will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER be as crazy as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

~QC

Carol
02-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Nova is typical of a liberal.

Intolerant to ALL religion unless it's to defend Islam by stating that other religions are just as bad.

Conservatives look at how the adherents of a religion act. If you don't kill anyone over your religion, do what you want. If you do...like Islam...then there is a problem.

CueSi
02-25-2011, 01:09 AM

Intolerant to ALL religion unless it's to defend Islam by stating that other religions are just as bad.

Conservatives look at how the adherents of a religion act. If you don't kill anyone over your religion, do what you want. If you do...like Islam...then there is a problem.

Actually Nova hates Islam above all religions. It's wierd, but... eh.

~QC

Carol
02-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Perhaps, but he still equates all other religions to be as bad as Islam is. I don't have any patience with someone that willfully blind.

txradioguy
02-25-2011, 03:12 AM

Other than to give you yet another avenue to try and belittle and/or discredit his beliefs and what he says...what does it matter?

When are you Libtards gonna learn we don't play identity politics and wrap everything we say do and believe in the goofy shit that you guys do.

The Night Owl
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
The (conventional) LDS ain't killed no one recently as a body and covered it up...

The LDS Church hasn't killed anyone recently! Now there's an endorsement if I ever heard one.

Novaheart
03-03-2011, 01:41 PM

~QC

You make me swoon.

Novaheart
03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
TFinally... I have been to Clearwater and I have been to Salt Lake City. SLC merely unnerves. Clearwater straight up scares the living shit out of me.

~QC

It's creepy isn't it? When I first moved here, I might have had it in the back of my head that Clearwater was COS Central, but I had forgotten about it. My first job here was in Clearwater, and one day after work I thought I would drive over to the beach. When I saw that there actually is a downtown, I drove around. It took a couple of minutes to realize that there was a robotic commonality to the people on the street.

Wei Wu Wei
03-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Television entertainer says a thing? stop the presses

The Night Owl
03-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Glenn Beck doesn't hide his Mormonism (that would be hard for him to do) but he doesn't talk about it much and when he does he rarely reveals details about it. What this tells me is that Beck knows his audience well. That is, Beck knows that a large segment of his audience considers Mormon beliefs to be heretical and just plain weird. Beck and his audience have an agreement of sorts-- they'll keep listening as long as he doesn't too often remind them that he's not one of them.

Adam Wood
03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Glenn Beck doesn't hide his Mormonism (that would be hard for him to do) but he doesn't talk about it much and when he does he rarely reveals details about it. What this tells me is that Beck knows his audience well. That is, Beck knows that a large segment of his audience considers Mormon beliefs to be heretical and just plain weird. Beck and his audience have an agreement of sorts-- they'll keep listening as long as he doesn't too often remind them that he's not one of them.yeah, because I can just look at someone and say "yep, that there's a Mormon, by God!"

Good grief, you're stupid.

The Night Owl
03-03-2011, 02:27 PM
yeah, because I can just look at someone and say "yep, that there's a Mormon, by God!"

Good grief, you're stupid.

Do you honestly think I'm suggesting that one can tell Glenn Beck is a Mormon by looking at him or are you just being silly?

txradioguy
03-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Do you honestly think I'm suggesting that one can tell Glenn Beck is a Mormon by looking at him or are you just being silly?

That whole post was nothing but stereotypes and BS.

You make some pretty broad assumptions with no basis in fact.

noonwitch
03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm just going to say this:

The Daily Show's Earth Book makes at least two jokes about reform judiaism not being a very serious religion. I don't see liberals all upset about it.

The Night Owl
03-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm just going to say this:

The Daily Show's Earth Book makes at least two jokes about reform judiaism not being a very serious religion. I don't see liberals all upset about it.

There is a difference between making jokes about Reform Judaism and comparing it to radical Islam.

Lanie
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM
If liberals want respect they need to start showing respect.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x494674)

I frequently do not agree with Glenn Beck, and I don't agree with his likening the liberal Jewish voting block to "radicalized Islam" (I don't agree with likening any group to that), however for liberals to be OUTRAGED about his remarks takes a special kind of hypocrisy known only to liberals.
Unless it's liberals commenting about conservative Christians, that is.
Let's change that a little. "To compare conservative Christians, which supports democratic institutions to Islamic extremism, which supports anti-democratic movements and the repression of basic rights - including, for example, the denial of women’s rights - is beyond the pale,” Foxman said. “Glenn Beck has no right to discount the faith of any people, and he should think twice before commenting on something he doesn’t know much about. He owes the conservative Christian movement an apology.”

Liberals agree with Foxman about liberal Jews, what is different about conservative Christians?

And right on cue:

I have to say I'm with the OP on this one (although I suppose better words could have been said). It's highly offensive to compare Reform Judaism (one of the most tolerant groups of people I've gotten a chance to know people from) to radical Islam. And yes, I'd also be offended if conservative Christians were compared to radical Islam since they're not going around killing people who disagree with them or advocating that democracy be done away with.

Lanie
03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Actually, Glenn was right on about reformed Jews. They are overwhelming less religious then their orthodox brethren. They are also way more leftist too.

Michael Medved, who is orthodox Jew himself, has posted the information before. I will see if I could find it. His friend, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, has a pretty funny saying about his religion. He says " People shouldn't worry about Jews and their intelligence. The fact that the vote overwhelmingly democratic should prove to anyone that Jews aren't the masterminds they think we are".

I'll admit that they're not that religious. A Reform Rabbi once told me that the deal is that they're figuring out for themselves which laws would still be valid today and which ones aren't. However, Reform Jews do not have their sect just to be liberals. Truth is most Reform Jews disagree with most liberals on a very important issue, Israel. They will stand by Israel big time and often accuse other liberals of being anti-semitic. A lot of Jews want to join special interest groups such as protesting the US war, but can't because of the Israel issue.

Also, I think you'd find it beneficial to attend a synagogue service sometime. They're very ritualistic. They've got their hymnals written backwards. Sometimes, you can read it in Hebrew and English. They sing like regular churches do. They have sermons like regular churches do (although you might find the message to be a lot different from conservative Christianity).

So maybe Reform Jews have done a little bit too much cherry picking, but I think they still view themselves as a valid sect in Judaism. Also important to know is that there are also conservative Jewish temples in the US. That's not to be confused with the type of conservativeness Christianity has. They are. not the same at all. They simply don't cherry pick as much.

Lanie
03-05-2011, 03:21 PM
How can you make a comparison like that, he has killed or hurt no one, He shares his opinion over television and radio, but like most liberals free speech only applies to you.
Comparisons like that only make you look ignorant.

And now, you hopefully see why the OP on DU was offended. Unless a religious system is murdering others for disagreeing with them, then it's offensive to compare it to radical Islam.

Lanie
03-05-2011, 03:21 PM

I've read Nova's posts on three different forums. He is soooooooo not a defender of Islam. In fact, I think he looks at all of Islam as you do. I don't mind condemning radical Islam. I just mind condemning all of Islam.

Lanie
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
There is a difference between making jokes about Reform Judaism and comparing it to radical Islam.

Agreed.

NJCardFan
03-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I've read Nova's posts on three different forums. He is soooooooo not a defender of Islam. In fact, I think he looks at all of Islam as you do. I don't mind condemning radical Islam. I just mind condemning all of Islam.

However, the left is all for condemning all of Christianity. Go figure.

Lanie
03-05-2011, 08:05 PM
However, the left is all for condemning all of Christianity. Go figure.

I don't know anybody on the left who condemns *all* of Christianity.

Besides, two wrongs don't make a right. I'm sick of hearing conservatives suggest that. Seriously, I say something is wrong and their answer is "But the left does it!" Who cares? Conservative ideas are supposedly about taking personal responsibility for one's actions.

Rockntractor
03-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't know anybody on the left who condemns *all* of Christianity.

Conservative ideas are supposedly about taking personal responsibility for one's actions.
And your saying that is an antithesis of Liberal ideas?

Lanie
03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
And your saying that is an antithesis of Liberal ideas?

What's "that?" The idea that conservatives are about personal responsibility and liberals aren't? No, I don't buy that belief. I just thought I'd bring it up since it's often a soap box.

CueSi
03-09-2011, 04:58 AM
The LDS Church hasn't killed anyone recently! Now there's an endorsement if I ever heard one.

Do you have anything actually informative to say this time? No, you don't. . .and in the context of the post, it made sense, and most people know this. You just do stuff just to be an asshole, and that makes people not want to find out more about what you believe. You think you're better, but you're just the other side of the coin from any annoying zealous Christian.You don't even have the fig leaf of a 'sin nature' to blame your assholism on, either. In another universe, you'd be a JW knocking on doors on Saturday mornings and relishing ruining people's sleep. Ugh... Boy, BYE.

You make me swoon.

I love you too, Nova? (the shorter and more pointed the words, the more sarcasm I imagine in it)

It's creepy isn't it? When I first moved here, I might have had it in the back of my head that Clearwater was COS Central, but I had forgotten about it. My first job here was in Clearwater, and one day after work I thought I would drive over to the beach. When I saw that there actually is a downtown, I drove around. It took a couple of minutes to realize that there was a robotic commonality to the people on the street.

Yes. I had a b/f who lived in the area while I was attending UCF. It was like being in a Disney set but creepier. Like I said, SLC merely throws you off. In Clearwater, you think them fuckers are WATCHING YOU. If I had a paranoid person I hated, I'd send them to Clearwater.

~QC

The Night Owl
03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Do you have anything actually informative to say this time?

Yes. Mitt Romney will never be president of the United States.

CueSi
03-09-2011, 01:58 PM

That has to do with the topic? Please use the brain that you imply is better than most due to your lack of belief.

~QC

The Night Owl
03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
That has to do with the topic? Please use the brain that you imply is better than most due to your lack of belief.

~QC

To my way of thinking, there is no difference between believer brains and unbeliever brains.

txradioguy
03-09-2011, 11:09 PM

There's no way we should EVER let Jack Kennedy become President!

Why he'll ignore the Constitution and take his marching orders straight from the Vatican!!! :eek:

:rolleyes:

The Night Owl
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
There's no way we should EVER let Jack Kennedy become President!

Why he'll ignore the Constitution and take his marching orders straight from the Vatican!!! :eek:

:rolleyes:

I think you misunderstand me. I wouldn't rule out voting for Mitt Romney simply because he is a Mormon. What I'm suggesting is that there is a large segment of Christians who would rule out voting for Romney simply because he is a Mormon. These Christians consider the LDS Church a cult and a false religion.

Novaheart argues that Mormons get a free pass from other Christians, and that's true, but it's true only to a certain extent.

txradioguy
03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I think you misunderstand me. I wouldn't rule out voting for Mitt Romney simply because he is a Mormon. What I'm suggesting is that there is a large segment of Christians who would rule out voting for Romney simply because he is a Mormon. These Christians consider the LDS Church a cult and a false religion.

No I get it. What you miss is that the same distrust was felt by Christians about the potential of having a Catholic in the WH 50 years ago.

Same misconceptions...different targeted religion.

The Night Owl
03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
No I get it. What you miss is that the same distrust was felt by Christians about the potential of having a Catholic in the WH 50 years ago.

Same misconceptions...different targeted religion.

Anti-Catholic sentiment might have prevented John F. Kennedy from winning the presidency if not for the large percentage of Catholics in the electorate of 1960. Mormons account for roughly 1.5% of the US population. Is the Mormon electorate large enough to negate the anti-Mormon sentiment a Mormon candidate would no doubt be up against in a presidential election? I very much doubt that.

Odysseus
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM

http://images.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1223677218484.jpg.[roflposters.com].myspace.jpg (http://www.roflposters.com/jesus-even-he-thinks-oli-are-a-click/935487/)
jesus - funny motivational pictures (http://www.roflposters.com/jesus-even-he-thinks-oli-are-a-click/935487/)

To get back to the original post, Soros has admitted to collaborating with the Nazis by aiding his godfather, who deported Jews and confiscated their property:

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, Tivadar decided to split up his family so as to minimize the chance that all its members would be killed together. For each of them―his wife and two sons―he purchased forged papers identifying them as Christians and then bribed Gentile families to take them into their homes. As for George in particular, the father bribed a Hungarian government official named Baumbach to claim George as his Christian godson, “Sandor Kiss,” and to let the boy live with him. One of Baumbach's duties was to deliver deportation notices to Hungary's Jews, confiscating their property and turning it over to Germany. Young George Soros sometimes accompanied the official on his rounds. Many years later, in December 1998, a CBS interviewer would ask Soros whether he had ever felt any guilt about his association with Baumbach during that period. Soros replied: “… I was only a spectator ... I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.”

Soros today recalls the German occupation of Hungary as “probably the happiest year of my life.” “For me,” he elaborates, “it was a very positive experience. It's a strange thing because you see incredible suffering around you and the fact you are in considerable danger yourself. But you're fourteen years old and you don't believe that it can actually touch you. You have a belief in yourself. You have a belief in your father. It's a very happy-making, exhilarating experience.”

To say that he felt no guilt is bad enough, but to call that year of horrors the "happiest" of his life is despicable. His people were being murdered en masse, and Soros wandered around in a happy fog, helping to deport them and take their property. Beck has him pegged.