PDA

View Full Version : Gaddafi: 'Follow Me Or I Will Burn Libya..Video

megimoo
02-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Embattled dictator Colonel Muammar Gaddafi has threatened to "burn all of Libya" if his people continue to turn against him.

Col Gaddafi warned in a surprise televised appearance that he was ready to unleash further bloodshed and urged his followers: "Prepare to defend Libya."..."We will defeat any outside attempt to overturn our country," he told loyalists gathered in Tripoli's Green Square...In his fourth bizarre public tirade this week, Col Gaddafi told supporters to "keep dancing, keep chanting", adding: "Libyan people love me."

Later, his son Saif al-Islam Gaddafi claimed security forces were holding back in battles with rebels - who referred to as "terrorists" - in western Libya and that he hoped there would be a ceasefire in place by Saturday.....It follows days of anti-government protests which have left hundreds - possibly thousands - dead and comes amid a massive evacuation effort and continuing clashes across the oil-rich nation.

The US has shut down its embassy in Tripoli and the White House said it would be introducing sanctions against Libya "in the near future"....The UN's secretary-general Ban Ki-moon has said it is time for the Security Council to take "concrete action" against Libya.

He called on European states to keep borders open for refugees, and on all UN member states to consider sanctions against the country...A draft UN Security Council resolution warns that the violence in Libya "may amount to crimes against humanity"...Earlier, security forces reportedly opened fire on protesters in Tripoli, killing at least five.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/libya_gaddafi_rages_as_world_talks_continue