PDA

View Full Version : "We Are Now Under A State Of Emergency Because Of Libya ?"

megimoo
02-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Obama declares national state of emergency over Libya

"The steps we take in the near future are not the only steps we are prepared to take, if further steps are necessary," Carney said. ..."Overreaction or a Seizure of Opportunity ?"

President Obama issued an executive order Friday evening that imposes immediate sanctions on Libyan ruler Muammar al Qaddafi, his sons and his accomplices in the slaughter of civilians. In a letter accompanying the order, Obama declared a national emergency over the situation.

"I have determined that the actions of Colonel Muammar Qaddafi, his government, and close associates, including extreme measures against the people of Libya, constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. The order declares a national emergency to deal with this threat," Obama wrote in the letter to House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH).

The executive order itself condemns the "wanton violence against unarmed associates" perpetrated by Qaddafi, his sons, his government, and his close associates. Effective immediately, all U.S.-based assets of Qaddafi and his four sons are to be frozen and transactions intended to move those assets are prohibited. The order allows the measures to be expanded to include any member of the Libyan government who are determined to be complicit in Qaddafi's brutality.
snip
Earlier Friday, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said that more punitive measures against the Qaddafi regime were on the way.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/02/25/obama_declares_national_state_of_emergency_over_li bya

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Because of labia?:confused:

Apache
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM

Some more than others...:eek:

djones520
02-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Fixed it for you Rock. Don't need to be confused anymore.

lacarnut
02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Those bold steps by our amateur in chief are going to scare the living crap out of Qaddafi and his henchmen. :eek::rolleyes::)

Apache
02-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Those bold steps by our amateur in chief are going to scare the living crap out of Qaddafi and his henchmen. :eek::rolleyes::)

You were crying from laughing so hard writing that...weren't you? :p

djones520
02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I think this would almost be respectable... if he didn't wait a week after Qaddafi had his men light up that funeral and kill 200 people. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
02-26-2011, 04:02 PM
You were crying from laughing so hard writing that...weren't you? :p

Yep:)

I betcha this wimp never got in a fight on the school grounds. I have no doubt, his wife could kick his ass.

Apache
02-26-2011, 04:04 PM
I think this would almost be respectable... if he didn't wait a week after Qaddafi had his men light up that funeral and kill 200 people. :rolleyes:

Give the man a break, GEEZ!

You know the focus groups take time...:mad:

:p

lacarnut
02-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Give the man a break, GEEZ!

You know the focus groups take time...:mad:

:p

Don't you know it takes time to get an appointment with his spiritual mentor (Rev. Wright) and his local camel jockey advisors. :rolleyes::)

fettpett
02-26-2011, 04:26 PM
it's sad when the weak kneed, linguine spine Europeans step in and condemn the actions in Africa faster than the Pres of the United States.

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Fixed it for you Rock. Don't need to be confused anymore.

Thanks!:D

AmPat
02-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Expect a strongly worded letter using big scary words. That'll show them.:rolleyes:

Of course our porous southern border is of absolutely no concern to the muslim in chief.

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Expect a strongly worded letter using big scary words. That'll show them.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't laugh, it may be all caps!:rolleyes:

Novaheart
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Motel owners can't jack their rates during hurricanes, but oil companies can jack their rates whenever.

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Motel owners can't jack their rates during hurricanes, but oil companies can jack their rates whenever.

You can't buy motel rooms on the commodities markets but you can oil.

Novaheart
02-26-2011, 07:20 PM

I still wouldn't cry if some of the players were found floating face down in the Chattahoochee.

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 07:35 PM
I still wouldn't cry if some of the players were found floating face down in the Chattahoochee.

Say for instance I own a fleet of trucks and as a hedge against higher fuel prices I buy fuel or oil on the comodities market now to protectect myself for a later rise in fuel prices, how is that wrong?
Are you just as mad when the fuel prices drop and my investment goes into your pocket, should I wish your body to be found in a river in that circumstance?

djones520
02-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Say for instance I own a fleet of trucks and as a hedge against higher fuel prices I buy fuel or oil on the comodities market now to protectect myself for a later rise in fuel prices, how is that wrong?
Are you just as mad when the fuel prices drop and my investment goes into your pocket, should I wish your body to be found in a river in that circumstance?

Of course not Rock. It's business's job to lose money, didn't you know?

Novaheart
02-26-2011, 07:51 PM

If you enjoy giving Chase Bank a slice of every dollar, who am I to tell you otherwise?

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 07:56 PM
If you enjoy giving Chase Bank a slice of every dollar, who am I to tell you otherwise?

Chase bank is buying all the oil futures?

lacarnut
02-26-2011, 08:02 PM

Nova is bitter cause he does not have a pot to piss in and a window to throw it out. Those of us that are invested in oil are in the chips.

Rockntractor
02-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Nova is bitter cause he does not have a pot to piss in and a window to throw it out. Those of us that are invested in oil are in the chips.

I don't know why he took the Chase bank exit?:confused:

lacarnut
02-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Chase bank is buying all the oil futures?

He does not understand that all the big banks have a heavy hand in the futures market. Lending it out to small business owners is not as profitable.