PDA

View Full Version : Largest crowds since Vietnam War march in Wisconsin

megimoo
02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
MADISON, Wisconsin - A crowd estimated at more than 70,000 people on Saturday waved American flags, sang the national anthem and called for the defeat of a Wisconsin plan to curb public sector unions that has galvanized opposition from the American labor movement. In one of the biggest rallies at the state Capitol since the Vietnam War, union members and their supporters braved frigid temperatures and a light snowfall to show their displeasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3yDOCxCUjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v428RBBeK70&feature=related

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/26/us-wisconsin-protests-idUSTRE71O4F420110226

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 12:55 PM
There were four times that many at Becks rally this summer.

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Yeah, but these people work for a living.

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, but these people work for a living.

They do while they are protesting, a lot of them are homeless and payed for by the unions, as for the rest of them working, we are trying to change that!

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
They do while they are protesting, a lot of them are homeless and payed for by the unions, as for the rest of them working, we are trying to change that!

Either way it makes a lot more sense than a bunch of idiots on government pensions and health care bitching about "gubment taking over".

Zathras
02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Either way it makes a lot more sense than a bunch of idiots on government pensions and heath care bitching about "gubment taking over".

And you have proof that the majority of tea party protestors are on government pensions and heath care?

Prove it or STFU.

Apache
02-27-2011, 01:56 PM
And you have proof that the majority of tea party protestors are on government pensions and heath care?

Prove it or STFU.

Liberace's boyfriend pounded him too hard last night, he can't back any of his shit up :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Either way it makes a lot more sense than a bunch of idiots on government pensions and heath care bitching about "gubment taking over".

Actualy far more of your group have their lips wrapped around the government titty, but they are about to be weaned.

Zathras
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Liberace's boyfriend pounded him too hard last night, he can't back any of his shit up :rolleyes:

Hell, he must be getting pounded every night then because I've never seen this DUmbass Novaheart back up anything he spews here with facts.

nightflight
02-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Is this your "shtick"?

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Prove it or STFU.

I don't have to prove that the majority are, only a bunch.

Here a bunch:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sUfhH7JLdHE/Sq_0bSFPcvI/AAAAAAAAEEE/G2Z_Hf8ExfM/HPIM2663.JPG

There a bunch:

http://kansas.watchdog.org/files/2009/09/Question-with-boldness.JPG

http://mauiteaparty.com/wp-content/uploads/Maui-Lahaina-912-Rally-111.JPG

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpvv1oDaQn1qzx1tzo1_500.jpg

Everywhere a bunch bunch:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/janicuda/3914743592/in/photostream/

And this particular bunch is riding on what looks suspiciously like a memorial.

txradioguy
02-27-2011, 03:11 PM
And you have proven exactly what we all knew...you have absolutely zero proof that any of these people are "on government pensions and healthcare".

Those pictures prove nothing.

Other than you're a desperate moron.

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 03:22 PM
And you have proven exactly what we all knew...you have absolutely zero proof that any of these people are "on government pensions and healthcare".

Those pictures prove nothing.

Other than you're a desperate moron.

Retired people are on government pension and heath care. Eventually you will be too.

txradioguy
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Retired people are on government pension and heath care. Eventually you will be too.

How do you know they are retired? Or on a government pension for that matter?

The answer is you don't. You're attempting and failing to make broad generalizations from those pictures that you can't say for sure are true.

Stereotype much?

CueSi
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM

Social Security? The current payments for SS aren't that much. I'm sure if you asked them, many are probably living off savings and pensions from their jobs.

Until you have stats, you're going off your assumptions ,which are probably biased. And we all know what assumptions make.

~QC

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 03:36 PM
How do you know they are retired? Or on a government pension for that matter?

The answer is you don't. You're attempting and failing to make broad generalizations from those pictures that you can't say for sure are true.

Stereotype much?

So your saying that retired military and civil service personnel wouldn't be Tea Party?

CueSi
02-27-2011, 03:42 PM
So your saying that retired military and civil service personnel wouldn't be Tea Party?

Can you prove that the people pictured are military?

What I'm finding is that most people are more objecting to is Public Sector unions. Not pensions. More people are objecting to Runaway spending and lack of action on reform on medicare, not as much medicare itself.

I want my golfcart back.

~QC

Apache
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't have to prove that the majority are, only a bunch.

Here a bunch:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sUfhH7JLdHE/Sq_0bSFPcvI/AAAAAAAAEEE/G2Z_Hf8ExfM/HPIM2663.JPG

There a bunch:

http://kansas.watchdog.org/files/2009/09/Question-with-boldness.JPG

http://mauiteaparty.com/wp-content/uploads/Maui-Lahaina-912-Rally-111.JPG

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpvv1oDaQn1qzx1tzo1_500.jpg

Everywhere a bunch bunch:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/janicuda/3914743592/in/photostream/

And this particular bunch is riding on what looks suspiciously like a memorial.
Still no proof Douchebag. ONE freakin' picture that has to do with healthcare out of 4... None dealing with retirement or pensions....

FAIL

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Can you prove that the people pictured are military?

What I'm finding is that most people are more objecting to is Public Sector unions. Not pensions. More people are objecting to Runaway spending and lack of action on reform on medicare, not as much medicare itself.

I want my golfcart back.

~QC

Did I say that they were?

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Still no proof Douchebag. ONE freakin' picture that has to do with healthcare out of 4... None dealing with retirement or pensions....

FAIL

Are you saying that no one in those pictures is retired, you douchewater?

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 04:07 PM

I'm starting to see a pattern with you and the military, that is one sure way to wear out your welcome here.

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm starting to see a pattern with you and the military, that is one sure way to wear out your welcome here.

Here we go again. Stick it.

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Here we go again. Stick it.

If that is your answer to my warning we will see how this works for you.

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 04:14 PM
If that is your answer to my warning we will see how this works for you.

Fine. If a person can't speak his mind because you play schoolyard bully games then nothing is lost. Stick it.

Apache
02-27-2011, 04:17 PM

Are you saying that they all live off the Federal teet?
Either way it makes a lot more sense than a bunch of idiots on government pensions and health care bitching about "gubment taking over". Yup you sure did...
Now go back to your hole...:rolleyes:

Apache
02-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Fine. If a person can't speak his mind because you play schoolyard bully games then nothing is lost. Stick it.

He's not bullying you princess. You made a claim you can't back up, now you're getting taken to task...

CueSi
02-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Did I say that they were?

The implication was clear between the pictures and your later statements.

~QC

AmPat
02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
The implication was clear between the pictures and your later statements.

~QC

He's working off the "depends on what the meaning of "is" is defense.:rolleyes:

Calypso Jones
02-27-2011, 11:26 PM
amazing. couldn't get a semi accurate or ungrudging estimate of crowd size for tea partiers/828 participants and all of a sudden reuters is able to give an accurate size count for these anti american self serving temper tantrum throwing union special class? Yeah. I'm gonna believe seventy thousand alright.

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
amazing. couldn't get a semi accurate or ungrudging estimate of crowd size for tea partiers/828 participants and all of a sudden reuters is able to give an accurate size count for these anti american self serving temper tantrum throwing union special class? Yeah. I'm gonna believe seventy thousand alright.

It is amazing how filthy rich this union is, a lot of these people are getting paid to protest by the union. Of course this money came from us in the first place.

txradioguy
02-27-2011, 11:36 PM

No jackass. What he's tyring to tell you is that making broad unproven assumptions about the militray is against the TOS.

But then I think you know that and you're intentionally playing withfire cause you're bord and you want to get banned for awhile.

To answer your tea party = veterans bullshit.

The answer is NO.

I know 10 people off the top of my head that are...even now HUGE Obama fans and mock the Tea party.

If I put some thought to it I could name several Generals at the Pentagon that feel the same way.

There is about 25% of the military that is highly Liberal 3% that are somewhere in between and 2% that don't care.

But because you and others like you here have been so damn brainwahsed into think were all a bunch of "Soldiers For Jesus" by what you get sppon fed in the MSM every night...you find yourself repeating their stupid claims and assumptions like you have in this thread...as if they were gospel.

Get a clue and start thinking for yourself.

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 11:38 PM

I don't know what a tea party/828 participant is, but if it was on the mall in DC then the Park Service has stopped estimating crowd sizes years ago because they got tired of people (Million Man March, Right To Life, Gay Rights, and others) complaining that their turn out was being undercounted.

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't know what a tea party/828 participant is, but if it was on the mall in DC then the Park Service has stopped estimating crowd sizes years ago because they got tired of people (Million Man March, Right To Life, Gay Rights, and others) complaining that their turn out was being undercounted.

Why didn't you sign up for a few days of paid protesting, your not working now are you?

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 11:46 PM
No jackass. What he's tyring to tell you is that making broad unproven assumptions about the militray is against the TOS.

You can't show me where I said anything like that, because I didn't. My mentioning the military and how you fuck that up in your own head is not the same thing at all. You take what I say, translate it into stupid bullshit, and then accuse me of saying stupid bullshit. It doesn't work that way. I grew up in a military family, I don't say stupid shit about the military. All the stupid shit is in your stupid shit head. Go back and read this thread. Are you retarded or drunk? Bias alone doesn't explain it. I have little tolerance for dimwits and even less for drunks.

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 11:51 PM
You can't show me where I said anything like that, because I didn't. My mentioning the military and how you fuck that up in your own head is not the same thing at all. You take what I say, translate it into stupid bullshit, and then accuse me of saying stupid bullshit. It doesn't work that way. I grew up in a military family, I don't say stupid shit about the military. All the stupid shit is in your stupid shit head. Go back and read this thread. Are you retarded or drunk? Bias alone doesn't explain it. I have little tolerance for dimwits and even less for drunks.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/tantrum.gif

Novaheart
02-27-2011, 11:56 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/tantrum.gif

And that's what I was talking about your schoolyard bullshit. Grow up asshole.

txradioguy
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM
You can't show me where I said anything like that, because I didn't. My mentioning the military and how you fuck that up in your own head is not the same thing at all. You take what I say, translate it into stupid bullshit, and then accuse me of saying stupid bullshit. It doesn't work that way.

You should really pay more attention to what you post then.

Originally Posted by Novaheart

Souds like a pretty broad assumption on your part jackass.

I grew up in a military family, I don't say stupid shit about the military. All the stupid shit is in your stupid shit head. Go back and read this thread.

Again your own words come back to haut you. You should really re-read what you type before you hit enter moron.

Are you retarded or drunk? Bias alone doesn't explain it. I have little tolerance for dimwits and even less for drunks.

For someone who makes the claim they do above...you just made two really stupid shit coments about a Senior NCO in the Army that have absolutely zero basis in fact.

I guess your penchant for "not saying stupid shit about the military" extends only to those in the military that agree with you and your twisted beliefs.

Go back to DU you oxygen thief.

Rockntractor
02-27-2011, 11:59 PM

What's the matter little girl, can't come up with your own material?

Zathras
02-28-2011, 12:48 AM

Are you saying that they are fucktard? (see I can call you names too)

Prove it asswipe or shut the fuck up.

Zathras
02-28-2011, 12:52 AM

So what you're saying is you hate yourself. Well then, welcome to the club.

Zathras
02-28-2011, 12:53 AM

We have...we're waiting for you.

lacarnut
02-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Either way it makes a lot more sense than a bunch of idiots on government pensions and health care bitching about "gubment taking over".

I am going to laugh my ass off when butt fuckers like you contract Aids and are told that Obama care only provides so many days in the hospital. Go home and die sucker. You see, two can play that game!!!!

txradioguy
02-28-2011, 05:33 AM

http://www.chaobell.net/newgallery/d/2110-1/14xl63c.jpg

Wei Wu Wei
02-28-2011, 12:59 PM

So what? You said it right, it was practically Glenn Beck's rally because Fox News had hours and hours for weeks and months dedicated to promoting, hyping, organizing, and in the case of Glenn Beck, even begging people to show up.

It was a national rally with total support of Fox News pundits, explicit support. You can turn it to any of the Fox News pundits and just count the number of times they utter "Tea Party".

They always holler about Glenn Beck's big rally that had literal months of near-non-stop promotion by all right-wing pundits both on the radio and television. However, the Tea Party has lost steam since then, with rallies predicting 3 thousand people (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/Teri_Adams_Independence_Hall_tea_Party_Interview_0 73010) that only manged to materialize a few hundred supporters
(http://articles.philly.com/2010-08-01/news/24969651_1_tea-party-groups-tea-party-leaders-tea-partyers#ixzz0vMtqSekj++Watch+sports+videos+you+wo n%27t+find+anywhere+else)

This is a spontaneous local rally that didn't have months of advertising by pundits or partnership with any news network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4kvNzuf_EY

but yes, Beck's rally was (maybe) bigger. BIGGER. BIG LIKE A BIG ASS TEXAS TRUCK.

Novaheart
02-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I am going to laugh my ass off when butt fuckers like you contract Aids and are told that Obama care only provides so many days in the hospital. Go home and die sucker. You see, two can play that game!!!!

Thanks for your concern.

Wei Wu Wei
02-28-2011, 01:04 PM
The Police are showing solidarity with the teachers, they are refusing to forceably remove them from the Capitol Building.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Emr5RtNhD4

SaintLouieWoman
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Nova, not appropriate way to address a mod giving you a warning. Consider this your 2nd warning. I'm not in the mood to screw around with this, have more important things on my mind.

nightflight
02-28-2011, 02:08 PM
The Police are showing solidarity with the teachers, they are refusing to forceably remove them from the Capitol Building.

Shame on them.

nightflight
02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
So what? You said it right, it was practically Glenn Beck's rally because Fox News had hours and hours for weeks and months dedicated to promoting, hyping, organizing, and in the case of Glenn Beck, even begging people to show up.

It was a national rally with total support of Fox News pundits, explicit support. You can turn it to any of the Fox News pundits and just count the number of times they utter "Tea Party".

Are you seriously suggesting that the MSM isn't on board with the unions and other assorted "progressive" groups at these rallies?

Seriously?

Wei Wu Wei
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that the MSM isn't on board with the unions and other assorted "progressive" groups at these rallies?

Seriously?

I don't think any amount of favorable coverage on the ABC news compares to the Fox News 24/7 cheerleading party. Remember the Tea Party Express? Months and months every night with Tea Party coverage on the news section and Tea Party preaching on the pundit shows.

If this isn't extremely obvious to you I don't know what else to say.

Wei Wu Wei
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
It's not even just about favorable coverage, it's about the role Fox played in organizing, advertising, directing people to fundraising sites, and dedicating hours and hours of airtime towards the Tea Party.

That's fine though, I know many tea party people were genuine it's not like the protesters didn't believe what they were saying it's just that it really isn't comparable to this protest which happened organically without ABC or CBS dedicating months of airtime and prep and pundits begging people to show up.

Cliffordj
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
The Wisconsin State high school individual wrestling tournament was held Thursday through Saturday night. It took place literally within sight of the capital at the Kohl Center. And as is usual for this tournament the Kohl center sold out all of its 17,240 seats each and every day. So depending on who was counting and when they counted the protest numbers could have been inflated by 20,000 solely from this event.

NJCardFan
02-28-2011, 04:42 PM

You can no more prove ANY of those people in the pictures you posted are retired than you can prove that the people in this picture from the Wisconsin protest actually work:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ap_wisconsin_protest_nt_110217_ms.jpg

Oh, and I seriously doubt anyone in this picture are "working people". They appear to be brainwashed students:
http://www.cbsnews.com/i/tim/2011/02/17/wisconsin.protest2_610x447.JPG

So, as usual Nova, you come on here and spout BS. The funny thing is that this isn't how you started when you first got here. You were civil and actually contributed something. Now we know that was all an act and that you and WeeWee are cut from the same cloth. You're both know nothing idiots.

lacarnut
02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks for your concern.

Your concern for retirees impresses me also.

You do not have a clue how Obamacare is going to impact everyone that needs long term hospital care. Better start making those quilts.

AmPat
03-01-2011, 11:44 PM
It's not even just about favorable coverage, it's about the role Fox played in organizing, advertising, directing people to fundraising sites, and dedicating hours and hours of airtime towards the Tea Party.

That's fine though, I know many tea party people were genuine it's not like the protesters didn't believe what they were saying it's just that it really isn't comparable to this protest which happened organically without ABC or CBS dedicating months of airtime and prep and pundits begging people to show up.

No, these people showed up because their handlers at the Union office told them to and paid them for their missed work. The others just thought free Cheetos were going to be served.:rolleyes: