PDA

View Full Version : Obama (and Everybody) Should Embrace Islam, Says Muslim Cleric

Gingersnap
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Obama Should Embrace Islam, Says Muslim Cleric

by Elad Benari
Follow Israel news on Twitter and Facebook.

The British radical Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary said on Sunday that U.S. President Barack Obama must embrace Islam as a way of life or face the consequences of a trial under the Shariah Islamic court system.

Choudary, who spoke with investigative reporter Aaron Klein during his radio program on New York’s WABC Radio, claimed during the interview that Obama is waging a war against Islam.

“[Obama] has promised all Muslims to be released from Guantanamo Bay. They are still languishing there even though he knows they are completely innocent,” said Choudary. “On top of that, he’s increased the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, so he is a war mongerer just as his predecessor was. And thirdly and more importantly, you know, the Muslims don’t want democracy and freedom. Democracy and freedom are anathema to Islam and the Sharia.”

Choudary also said that he is planning a protest in front of the White House on Thursday in which he will call on American Muslims to revolt against the country and implement Sharia law.

He added that during the protest he will also call on Obama and all Americans to “embrace Islam, not only as a religion but as a way of life.”

Choudary added: “At the same time, we will be issuing a warning that the presence of U.S. forces and U.S. personnel in Muslim countries, looking out for their interests, at the moment is very, very insecure. I think the Muslims are boiling angry around the world. This is something they (Americans) should take very seriously.”

Choudary also claimed that Obama was committing “crimes” against Muslims in Iraq and in Afghanistan. “I do believe that the only way for him to save himself in this life and in the hereafter is to embrace Islam,” he said. “Islam will eradicate all his sins, he will be like the day his mother gave birth to him. Otherwise, when we do implement the Shariah, obviously he will face the consequences of a trial under the Sharia court.”

INN (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/142565)

Arroyo_Doble
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Choudary added: “At the same time, we will be issuing a warning that the presence of U.S. forces and U.S. personnel in Muslim countries, looking out for their interests, at the moment is very, very insecure. I think the Muslims are boiling angry around the world. This is something they (Americans) should take very seriously.”

Another bandwagon jumper.

Too bad, so sad, you were wrong. Get a Facebook page and try again in a couple of decades.

Novaheart
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Someone should remedy that piece of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP9QXId4AtU

Odysseus
02-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Too bad, so sad, you were wrong. Get a Facebook page and try again in a couple of decades.

You mean, like the Google executive who couldn't even get on the stage with al-Qaradawi at last week's rally in Cairo?

You've missed it again. The revolution in Egypt has been co-opted by the Muslim Brotherhood. They are already in control of the rallies and have the largest, best-organized and best-armed opposition group, and they have infiltrated the military.

Egypt is about to become a Salifi-Sunni version of Iran and you're acting like a tween girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Arroyo_Doble
02-28-2011, 12:47 PM
You mean, like the Google executive who couldn't even get on the stage with al-Qaradawi at last week's rally in Cairo?

You've missed it again. The revolution in Egypt has been co-opted by the Muslim Brotherhood. They are already in control of the rallies and have the largest, best-organized and best-armed opposition group, and they have infiltrated the military.

Egypt is about to become a Salifi-Sunni version of Iran and you're acting like a tween girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Yea, yea. Don't wet your pants.

noonwitch
02-28-2011, 12:50 PM

When the angry protestors were rebelling against Mubarak, one could make the case that they were also angry with the US, since Mubarak was an ally. But Khaddafi has been considered an enemy of the US for a very long time, and the Libyans are rebelling against him, too. The anger in the muslim world does not seem to be directed to the US in this particular outbreak of protests. Not that it couldn't change with the drop of a hat, but for the moment, it's a muslim vs muslim thing.

Arroyo_Doble
02-28-2011, 12:56 PM
When the angry protestors were rebelling against Mubarak, one could make the case that they were also angry with the US, since Mubarak was an ally. But Khaddafi has been considered an enemy of the US for a very long time, and the Libyans are rebelling against him, too. The anger in the muslim world does not seem to be directed to the US in this particular outbreak of protests. Not that it couldn't change with the drop of a hat, but for the moment, it's a muslim vs muslim thing.

I think it is generational, myself. Even the Shia protesting in Bahrain (and grumbling in Saudi Arabia) appears to be more of a politically oppressed group taking the opportunity to press their case than it does a sectarian argument.

Odysseus
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Yea, yea. Don't wet your pants.
I'm not the one who's in danger of losing bladder control over a love affair with protests. If you want to delude yourself into thinking that the Muslim Brotherhood is the reincarnation of the Continental Congress and that al-Qaradawi is just a slightly more colorful Thomas Jefferson, be my guest, but don't blame me when it all comes crashing down.

I think it is generational, myself. Even the Shia protesting in Bahrain (and grumbling in Saudi Arabia) appears to be more of a politically oppressed group taking the opportunity to press their case than it does a sectarian argument.

Well, in the sense that the average age in most Arab countries is marginally higher than the minimum drinking age in the US, you're right, but if you think that this isn't going to be co-opted, you're very much wrong.

Or, perhaps the high-spirited "youths" who dragged Lara Logan off the street to try to gang rape her were just indulging in youthful hijinks... :rolleyes: